psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mysteries of Magic Island forum

[Post New]by psylocibin on Oct 21, 10 4:17 AM
Has anyone gotten out of the temple room? Is there a walkthru for this game? I have not bought it and would like to know if there is a permanent glitch that leaves one wishing one had not bought it? I am looking for reviews, but have not found any in the forums Just want to know what the consensus is on this one.

[Post New]by maymich on Oct 21, 10 4:49 AM
i am also stuck in the room where you should light the torch. i but oil on every torch first end then when i was suppose to light it it did not work, maybe someone has a solution for us beacause i dont wanna play it all over again. can it be that we did not do it in the right order ?

[Post New]by shrekie2 on Oct 21, 10 4:55 AM
maymich wrote:i am also stuck in the room where you should light the torch. i but oil on every torch first end then when i was suppose to light it it did not work, maybe someone has a solution for us beacause i dont wanna play it all over ag
ain. can it be that we did not do it in the right order ?

we are stuck too, in the room before it mentions looking for a key but the hint just shows up the lock on the door and then the room with the lamps, we have tried filling the lamps, it says its full but when we try to light it the fire spell goes back to the spell book and when we click on the lamp it says it needs fuel, very frustrating!!!!

[Post New]by maymich on Oct 21, 10 4:55 AM
Gwennoel wrote:Where do I find a torch for the cave ? I'm stuck in the cave...................

You must saw the ore you have and then make a torch of the thing you have in your inventory. this you have to do in the hut .

[Post New]by tmkarel on Oct 21, 10 9:57 AM
Add me to your list. can't get out of the Temple room ....any answers???? = Me too, I am stuck !

crcamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by crcamp on Oct 21, 10 11:23 AM
Stuck in the temple room, too. Walkthrough says we are doing it right....use oil on the lamp then the fire spell. But not working. Help!!!!

tosit
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Welcome to Mysteries of Magic Island forum

[Post New]by tosit on Oct 21, 10 8:02 PM
I'm stuck on how to light the 2nd latern in the cave (towards the end) I've tried the walk through, still unable to light it, can anyone comment?

Love this game, it's not a short game so it's worth the money, I've played for several nights now, normally, a game will last only a couple of hours.

tosit
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by tosit on Oct 21, 10 8:04 PM
you do have to light them in order, I read this in the walk through but I'm stuck on lighting the 2nd one, I've tried many times, wonder if it's a glitch???

tosit
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by tosit on Oct 21, 10 8:22 PM
take oar back to the house and cut it down with the saw, then use cloth and wire

[Post New]by shrekie2 on Oct 22, 10 1:54 AM
tosit wrote:take oar back to the house and cut it down with the saw, then use cloth and wire

that was earlier on in the game, i dont think you can go back once you get through to the temple. still no joy, tried all ways and combinations.

Stuck already

[Post New]by littlebit5 on Oct 22, 10 12:21 PM
jramme wrote:I am being told to hang a pot with water on the fire. I have the fire, I have th
e pot. But how do I get water in the pot?

[Post New]by EdnRose on Oct 22, 10 3:43 PM
shrekie2 wrote:
maymich wrote:i am also stuck in the room where you should light the torch. i but oil on every torch first end then when i was suppose to light it it did not work, maybe someone has a solution for us beacause i dont wanna play it all over ag
ain. can it be that we did not do it in the right order ?

we are stuck too, in the room before it mentions looking for a key but the hint just shows up the lock on the door and then the room with the lamps, we have tried filling the lamps, it says its full but when we try to light it the fire spell goes back to the spell book and when we click on the lamp it says it needs fuel, very frustrating!!!!

I'm hving the exact same problem with lighting the lamps: it says its full but when we try to light it the fire spell goes back to the spell book and when we click on the lamp it says it needs fuel. This has to be a glitch.

kayd2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by kayd2 on Oct 23, 10 8:48 PM
I am also stuck in the temple room and can't light the second torch. I tried all the different sparkles spots and it tells me I need to put oil into the lamp then it says it already has it and I try the fire spell but NOTHING!!!! This has to be a glitch!

kayd2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by kayd2 on Oct 23, 10 8:55 PM
kayd2 wrote:I am also stuck in the temple room and can't light the second torch. I tried all the different sparkles spots and it tells me I need to put oil into the lamp then it says it already has it and I try the fire spell but NOTHING!!!! This has to be a glitch!

This forum is no help as we are all having the same problem. I went to the walkthrough and it says I am doing it correctly but it doesn't work. As it stands this game is worthless as you can't finish it and you can't go backwards or forwards. Help... BIG FISH!!!! Where's the tech help when you need it?

[Post New]by marsha20061 on Oct 23, 10 10:49 PM
morristhekat wrote:I am in the Temple of Elements and in the room to the right. I got the first torch lit but can't get the second on lit. I tells me either to use more fuel or to light it. Anyone get stuck on this one.

help, I have the same problem

memau
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by memau on Oct 24, 10 10:33 PM
i am stuck too i can't light the second torch. now what?

Cherieaa
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Cherieaa on Oct 25, 10 5:58 PM
Like many of you I am at the Temple Room and having trouble lighting the torches. From what I read one must follow a specific pattern of lighting and if you don't then you are stuck with nowhere to go.........rats!!!! I would have thought the developer could have put some specific instruction in their notebook so we would not back ourselves into such a corner. I really hope they put out some sort of patch for this issue.

I am starting the game over under another user name and will try to avoid this problem when it comes up. Its such a shame because it seems to be nearing the final part of the game and all the time spent on it so far is wasted. Shame Shame on them......do I sound a bit grumpy....well I am.

If someone has a solution please post it for us so we can continue without starting over. This could be a really great game to this point.

ArmyMom88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ArmyMom88 on Oct 26, 10 1:34 AM
sharplayer wrote:
milliehornedo wrote:I'm also stuck in the Temple Room in the right door where you lit the first torch, I try but it tells me it needs fuel, but when I put the fuel it tells me it already has fuel and when I put the fire it doesn't lit. Can somebody help.

Add me to your list. can't get out of the Temple room ....any answers????

[Post New]by johnpat07 on Oct 26, 10 11:29 AM
I am stuck on lighting the candle in the cave. I click on the fire from the spells but nothing is happening. I drag the flame to the candle but it does not light. What am I doing wrong???

redape
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by redape on Oct 26, 10 9:09 PM
Yay! I thought I was the only one to get stuck at this spot. I have exactly the same problem as all the previous players. Sweating on an answer - am at my wit's end.

Go to: