Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by irish_peg on Oct 16, 10 2:00 PM
I love HOGS. I do however think they need to be longer than 6 chapters. Sometimes I feel they have cut the story too short and it would have been much more interesting had they added to the storyline. Nemos for me was not worth the money. Too short not really a story there.I love CE games and would love to see more Ravenhurst games. That story can't be over. What happens to Victor? And where is the twins father? (Like a little soap opera). LOL. Keep the HOGS coming but make them more interesting and longer. Happy Gaming.

 
Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Oct 16, 10 2:46 PM
divaprods wrote:Agreed! I mostly play HOGS and look forward everyday to see if a new, good, one is avail. Those that don't like the genre simply don't download them. That's what I do w/time management games, can't stand them but I don't post on their forum that they are bad games...................Thanks to BFG we can all have exactly the genre we want.


Very well said, divaprods! If I don't like specific types of games, like tm's or match 3, I just pass on them, I don't bother trashing them cause there are alot of fishies out there that do like them. Everyone has their own preferences, to each their own . For myself, I love HOGS so please keep em coming, BFG! Cheers!
Mysteries of Magic Island has beautiful graphics and am enjoying it very much, will probably buy

 
duchess436
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by duchess436 on Oct 16, 10 3:52 PM
hi all fishies, im not much for doing a review but i need to say how i feel after seeing so much complaining i think this is a very well put together game the graphics were good, only sometimes objects were a little tough finding but able to. i didnt see more than maybe 2 or 3 minis mostly puzzles,not very difficult but not always that easy either & to answer the ? of length i'd say atleast 4hrs. without skipping any puzzles so it is a good length imo & well worth 6.99 i played the whole game it took me the amnt of time i stated, if you read any negative reviews of the game before trying dont cheat yourself out of a good hog because this one really was enjoyable i hope theres a pt 2 in the future so give it a shot & kudos to the developers & bfg for bringing it to us. happy gaming & have a great weekend

duchess436

 
Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by Pixielate on Oct 16, 10 4:37 PM
Okay, you got me; what's a TGT? BTW, I like some of the HOGs, but only if there is more to it than finding stuff. I don't like the junkpile HOGs. So there is variety even in the HOG category. I really prefer them to baby games, which should be on the Baby Fish website.

Pix


biomix wrote:
Valdy wrote:
diji wrote:There are many of us who can't get our fill of good HOGS! I love them and look forward to checking everyday to see if there is a new one. There are tons of games out there that are not HOGs and plenty for you to choose from. So developers, as far as I am concerned you can make MORE HOGS!


Hear, hear! I feel exactly the same!


I feel the same way! I love it when I look for the TGT and it is a Hidden Object game.
I am finding that they are adding variations, such as today's TGT, for example, the power spells. As long as they keep up with a variety within the HOG I am tickled pink!

Today's game is a definite buy for me. I only played 20 minutes and I love it!

Keep them coming developers!!

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 4:40:00 PM PST


 
Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 16, 10 5:04 PM
Pixielate wrote:Okay, you got me; what's a TGT?


Tgt means "Tomorrows game today", because its avaiable tomorrow for all people and today only for bigfish-members (you can find the game always on the mainpage from bigfish on the right site, above)

 
ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Oct 16, 10 5:05 PM
duchess436 wrote:hi all fishies, im not much for doing a review but i need to say how i feel after seeing so much complaining i think this is a very well put together game the graphics were good, only sometimes objects were a little tough finding but able to. i didnt see more than maybe 2 or 3 minis mostly puzzles,not very difficult but not always that easy either & to answer the ? of length i'd say atleast 4hrs. without skipping any puzzles so it is a good length imo & well worth 6.99 i played the whole game it took me the amnt of time i stated, if you read any negative reviews of the game before trying dont cheat yourself out of a good hog because this one really was enjoyable i hope theres a pt 2 in the future so give it a shot & kudos to the developers & bfg for bringing it to us. happy gaming & have a great weekend

duchess436

For someone who hasn't posted many reviews, I must say this was a good one. I was really concerned with the length of the game. Although I know everyone plays at a different pace. However, some of the HOG games this month has open the door for complaints. I just started posting my reviews too. I've been with BF since the regular games were $19.99. I've always relied on the "Fishes" who have been posting for years. It's good to read what others have to say. Especialy the new "Fishes" to the pond.

 
sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Review and Comments

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Oct 16, 10 5:09 PM
slm1948 wrote:Hannah is complaining because most of the NEW games are HOGS and have been for some time. I loved HOGS in the beginning but have finally become saturated. I appreciate that there are still people who look forward to a good new HOG but I'm no longer in that group. I belong to another game site where I can play all their games with my paid membership. I don't plan to buy HOGS here any more. I'llI wait to get them there for free. Then I won't feel badly if I delete it because I get stuck or am just not enjoying it. Meanwhile, I keep playing the same old card and solitaire games over and over. I don't get tired of them.


I have to agree. I am totally burned out on HOGS. I just know there is a developer that can come up with an interesting interactive game, good story line that is not completely seek and find.

 
Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Oct 16, 10 6:16 PM
Out of 10 fishies, I'd give this a 4 - not much excitement and has to be extreme for me to buy another HOG at this point. Kind of boring and dorky.

 
remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by remmah17 on Oct 16, 10 6:57 PM
Valdy wrote:
diji wrote:There are many of us who can't get our fill of good HOGS! I love them and look forward to checking everyday to see if there is a new one. There are tons of games out there that are not HOGs and plenty for you to choose from. So developers, as far as I am concerned you can make MORE HOGS!


Hear, hear! I feel exactly the same! [/quot

ditto ditto ditto love them keep them coming!!!!!!

 
dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Review and Comments

[Post New]by dewieee on Oct 16, 10 7:06 PM
sandrahollie wrote:
slm1948 wrote:Hannah is complaining because most of the NEW games are HOGS and have been for some time. I loved HOGS in the beginning but have finally become saturated. I appreciate that there are still people who look forward to a good new HOG but I'm no longer in that group. I belong to another game site where I can play all their games with my paid membership. I don't plan to buy HOGS here any more. I'llI wait to get them there for free. Then I won't feel badly if I delete it because I get stuck or am just not enjoying it. Meanwhile, I keep playing the same old card and solitaire games over and over. I don't get tired of them.


I have to agree. I am totally burned out on HOGS. I just know there is a developer that can come up with an interesting interactive game, good story line that is not completely seek and find.


Same here. I have had my fill as well. I can appreciate the many here that still enjoy them, but for those of us that are burnt on them,the pickings of other games are few and far between.

 
dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 16, 10 7:19 PM
I haven't played the demo on this one yet, cause I always check out the comments and reviews first (they are quite helpful). However, I'm sort of tired of hearing about how much some people dislike HOGs. That's okay, everyone has their own likes and dislikes, but if you don't like them, why are you playing them and writing reviews. I agree that we need more new games. They frequently have new adventure games (I'd also like to see new card games).

I'm one of those geeks that happen to like HOGs. It keeps my mind busy and is relaxing after a long day of stressful mind work. I agree that these games need to be longer. I also purchased yesterday's game and was not happy when I finished it in an hour. What a waste of money!

Thank you to all you "hoggers" for all of your feedback (good and bad). Off to play the demo.

Played the demo, liked it and bought it. Not unhappy with it at all.

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 8:23:27 AM PST


 

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Oct 16, 10 7:31 PM
It's very confusing to come to the review thread and find more debate about too many vs not enough HOG's on BIg Fish. I realize this thread was moved here, but still. I came to see what people thought of the game. I liked it, personally, just not sure if I'm going to buy it right now or not. Graphics were clear and there weren't too many really hard to find objects (I think...I played early this morning and it's almost 9:30 pm now).
As to the other... It does seem that Big Fish releases more HOG's than any other type. Could it be that there are more HOG games developed than any other type???? I'm not meaning to offend or upsetany one, but why play if you don't like? There have been a few times I can recall that it seemed that it was all time management games, which personally I don't care for and therefore don't play. Because I don't like or play I don't review or comment about them.

 
dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by dewieee on Oct 16, 10 7:42 PM
dancemom1 wrote:I haven't played the demo on this one yet, cause I always check out the comments and reviews first (they are quite helpful). However, I'm sort of tired of hearing about how much some people dislike HOGs. That's okay, everyone has their own likes and dislikes, but if you don't like them, why are you playing them and writing reviews. I agree that we need more new games. They frequently have new adventure games (I'd also like to see new card games).

I'm one of those geeks that happen to like HOGs. It keeps my mind busy and is relaxing after a long day of stressful mind work. I agree that these games need to be longer. I also purchased yesterday's game and was not happy when I finished it in an hour. What a waste of money!

Thank you to all you "hoggers" for all of your feedback (good and bad). Off to play the demo.


Not playing or writing reviews. Simply commenting on our likes/dislikes. Just as you say we don't have to play them, you don't have to read our opinions. But it is just that...our opinions placed in a forum about games. I'm always amazed that the people who like the hog's become so defensive when we state our boredom with them. As far as I know you don't receive a part of the sales so why get so upset when we state what we like or don't like anymore. Simply pass on by and don't respond...right?

 
sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 16, 10 7:59 PM
For those who gave up on this game after only 5 or 10 minutes because it was too boring, you may want to give it another try. It was really a very good game, with some interesting twists on a lot of the puzzles. Yes, I'm sure there are some gamers who have seen absolutely everything before, but for most of us this was actually more challenging as you progress through the game.

The storyline was a bit lame - I mean, how many "schools," even wizardry schools, have a "test" that if you don't figure it out, you die?? But if you ingore that part, which doesn't really have any impact on the game except at the beginning and the end, the actual gameplay is very interesting.

Good graphics, a great mix of puzzles, no click penalty (but if you like a cick penalty, you can make it more interesting by finding the objects in order or something), and quite a bit of interaction as you progress through the game.

The game is actually longer than it seems at first, when you'd assume that when you find the 4 elements you are almost done. In reality, at that point you are slightly more than half way through, and the more intense interaction begins. When you get into the temple that seems like the end, you are probably about 3/4 of the way done.

I was pleasantly surprised with this game, and I hope if there is a sequel (and it seems like it from the ending) that they strengthen the storyline to be a more integral part of the game.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 7:59:55 PM PST


 
ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Oct 16, 10 9:08 PM
This sounds like it could be a buy for me. I like to read the reviews about a game, after I have played the demo. This way, I'll have my own views first before I read others. I've agreed, and disagreed with reviews, but it is no big deal. That's what forums are for (opinions). The bottom line - it all comes down to what each person likes. I hope BF developers are taking us seriously. I've been reading the reviews this month, and never have I heard my fellow "Fishes" act like piranas. There's a feeding frenzy for games this month. As they say, we just want more bang for our . I myself only play different variations of HOG. I look forward to the new released games. I get a little disappointed when it's not a HOG. I get very disappointed when a HOG comes out. There is definitely a demand for different types of games, just like there are different types of "Fishes" in the pond. Since BF started offering CE, there has been more concern about is it "worth" getting, or wait for the SE. There are different reasons why some do not prefer to get the CE, but while waiting for the SE, it is expected that the other games HOG, or not should be .Yes, several HOG was released this month, and according to the reviews in the forum, there has been more than . Put it this way, my October game card needs to be completed within the next few weeks. Normally, by this time, I would be waiting for the next month, so I could start another game card.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 10:00:49 PM PST


 
lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Oct 16, 10 10:03 PM
Maybe the discussion of love/hate HOGS belongs in CCC area? I'd like to read more specific reviews.

 
sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 17, 10 12:01 AM
ibn1984 wrote: I've been reading the reviews this month, and never have I heard my fellow "Fishes" act like piranas. There's a feeding frenzy for games this month.


I have to say that I agree with you. I've been very disappointed in the attitude in the forums this month, what with gamers criticizing other's opinions, "reviews" of games that are little more than complaints of the game being terrible without saying why, 3rd gamers jumping in to accuse someone of "attacking" someone else for voicing an opinion when there wasn't an attack, it was just the 2nd gamer giving his/her own opinion that differed with the first one, and my favorites, the ones who say the game is so bad they won't even bother to download it (so, you know it's that terrible how??) I must admit that I was overly (and WRONGLY) upset when I saw the first post criticizing HOGs, because there didn't seem to be any point to it other than to allow someone to vent while upsetting a lot of other gamers - he/she is entitled to an opinion, but there was probably a better place to discuss it.

BFG has a huge variety of games, and about half are hidden object, probably because they sell best. So far, there have been 24 games released this month (and it's only the 15th) so that's more than one a day. Here is the breakdown:

4 Time Management
13 HOG
2 Match 3
1 Adventure
1 Arcade
1 Puzzle
2 Strategy

Edit: TDT was just released, and it's a Time Management game.

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 12:06:23 AM PST


 
JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by JessF on Oct 17, 10 5:04 AM
Lovely graphics, objects hidden quite well and sized appropriately.
Some interesting twists - moving things around to find a list of items & finding pairs of items that were not just cards/tiles you turned over.

I did find a number of things about the game very annoying:

Several puzzles had no directions at all in my notebook - I had to resort to the walkthrough

When matching objects in pairs - instructions always said to match scrolls. I had to use a hint to figure out I was also supposed to match boxes, books, elephants etc.

When I used wind on something that clearly needed wind - nothing happened. I eventually found out that I had to wait until I needed the item that task would get me before I could do it. Thought it was a glitch - why make us wait?

I ended up skipping the last puzzle. I don't want to have to draw figures & animals on a piece of paper to work a puzzle. Once we knew what to do the notebook pages should have stayed visible.

I don't mind some running around, but it was a very long way back to the table!

On the plus side, the game worked. I noticed that BFG did not sticky a 'problems' thread in this folder. Wonder why.

Happy Gaming.

 
snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 17, 10 5:13 AM
Piranhas is right! If you haven't already, check out the forum for Dreamscape, a role playing game. Most of the remarks are from people bitterly complaining that it isn't a HOG and has no place at BFG. Weirdest 'review' thread I've ever read. Kind of funny though, so many people outraged over such a small thing. LOL

Sorry for the off topic comment, those bug me too.

 
emu3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by emu3 on Oct 17, 10 5:40 AM
The MCF game was my first HOG and since then I have been totally hooked. I cant seem to get enough. I have to admit that the FROG games are my favorites but I love them all so keep them coming,BFG!!

 
 
 
 
Go to: