Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

Re:Can't Light the torches/lanterns.

[Post New]by Volauvent on Oct 18, 10 12:18 AM
Yeah, I'm starting over, too, for the same reason.

Pissed me off as well, but it's a good game. I'm tabling it for now and will play the restart in a few months. In the meantime, I'm into Mystery Trackers.

FYI, when you start a game over for one reason or another, you can race through everything in no time at all. Especially if you don't wait too long before doing so. What took hours the first time through only takes minutes on the second go-round.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Oct 18, 10 11:50 AM
Hi folks!

Make sure to follow the steps in the walkthrough in order to get through the area with the torches. If you haven't followed these steps and are unable to continue, it will help to start a new player profile and try the steps once more.

If you have done this and are still having issues, our Customer Support can help you out!

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgTigris

jenaBoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jenaBoo on Oct 18, 10 12:25 PM
THIS IS BS, i too cannot light the lanterns.. ANY OF THEM,, you want me to start all over, are you crazy? im almost done.... i would like a refund....unless soemone knows how to just start this section over agai n?

webgrunt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by webgrunt on Oct 18, 10 6:46 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi folks!

Make sure to follow the steps in the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mysteries-of-magic-island-walkthrough/">walkthrough</a> in order to get through the area with the torches. If you haven't followed these steps and are unable to continue, it will help to start a new player profile and try the steps once more.

If you have done this and are still having issues,

The game is broken, and your solution is to start over from the beginning? That's a worthless excuse and no solution at all. Do you hate your customers? Are you laughing at us for giving you money for a broken game?

When you treat your customers with contempt, word gets around. Keep it up and you'll see a substantial reduction in your business.

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 6:48:12 PM PST

van60
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by van60 on Oct 18, 10 8:13 PM
I'm another unhappy player!! Same problem as everyone else... after filling and lighting the first lamp the other lamps will not light! Please fix the game and not expect everyone to have to go back to the begining of the game again!

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Oct 19, 10 3:19 AM
A fix is needed for this part of the game. Were we expected to play the game by using the walkthrough and following it "step by step"? If so, there would be no fun in playing the game. Please fix this or I will be asking for a refund.

[Post New]by tfrog29 on Oct 19, 10 7:00 AM
We've all acknowledged that the walkthrough tells us to do them in order, but most of us don't use walkthroughs! That is the issue we are having...by the time we get stuck here and even think to look at the walkthrough, the game is already stuck and we have to start over. This is an issue with the game, not the players....

bfgTigris wrote:Hi folks!

Make sure to follow the steps in the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mysteries-of-magic-island-walkthrough/">walkthrough</a> in order to get through the area with the torches. If you haven't followed these steps and are unable to continue, it will help to start a new player profile and try the steps once more.

If you have done this and are still having issues, our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Customer Support</a> can help you out!

You can contact <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Customer Support</a> by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgTigris

tufty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tufty on Oct 19, 10 8:54 AM
you have to start again, you can only light the lamps one at a time its very annoying, to get to almost the end. to have to start again.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Oct 19, 10 10:40 AM
bugger this for a game of soldiers this is about the 5th game where i havent been able to finish cos of something like this.....im not starting again

[Post New]by laramorrigan on Oct 19, 10 10:40 AM
[b]Que decepção! Já comecei o jogo 6 vezes e não deu certo. Quero outro jogo no lugar desse. Só compro jogo do Bigfish e estou muito triste.

[Post New]by laramorrigan on Oct 19, 10 10:42 AM
Não adianta começar novamente porque nem aparece opção salvar.

harmony
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by harmony on Oct 19, 10 12:04 PM
DITTO TO EVERYTHING THATS BEEN SAID! SAME, SAME, SAME!

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Oct 19, 10 12:30 PM
Hi folks!

Thank you for all your feedback here in the forums. If you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

I want to reiterate that if you're uncomfortable with any of the above steps, just shoot an email to Customer Support or hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

bfgTigris

SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Can't Light the torches/lanterns.

[Post New]by SR13 on Oct 19, 10 2:16 PM
PamBevill wrote:In the "cave" where you need to fill the 4 lamps with oil and then light them, I filled and lit the first lamp - no problem....then I tried to fill the next 2 lamps with oil at the same time and now the second lamp won't light. It tells me I need oil and then when I try to add oil, it tells me that the lamp is already full and needs to be lit. So I'm stuck.....hoping I don't have to start over.....

I had exactly the same problem. Please don't tell me that I have to start all over again- especially when I am so close to the end. I got this far without using the walkthrough. It seems however, that using the walkthrough is the only way to avoid this problem as there is no in-built prevention to filling the 2nd & 3rd lamp together, thereby making it impossible to light the 2nd lamp & progress with the game. For those of us who like to see how far we can get without the walkthrough, this is crazy.
This is not fair play & I will not be restarting the game in my name or anyone else's. Please fix this minor problem in an otherwise very enjoyable game.
To have got this far & just leave it....I am very disappointed.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Oct 19, 10 4:04 PM
laramorrigan wrote:Não adianta começar novamente porque nem aparece opção salvar.

Greetings fellow fishie and welcome to the pond. Just wondering if you could write your comment in English as I don't understand Spanish and would love to see if I or possibly one of the other fishes could help you.

SRT8
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by SRT8 on Oct 19, 10 4:46 PM
This is the second game i have bought and i can not finish playing.
I am tired of starting over and over again.

[Post New]by cherokee337 on Oct 22, 10 11:20 AM
I also have the problem with the lamps and as many of you were not using the walkthrough as I was not. I don't use them unless I'm really stuck. I hate the thought of starting over but what can you do, it is what it is.......irritating

Pooh_Bah
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Pooh_Bah on Oct 22, 10 5:18 PM
Um . . . so can we expect a patch that will let us continue from this point, or is there no alternative to starting from scratch?

[Post New]by madpeg40 on Oct 23, 10 4:14 AM
I can't light the first torch. Followed all instructions in forum and from the screen play but 20 mins later and very frustrated I am still in the dark and not happy. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

[Post New]by moondluv on Oct 23, 10 1:30 PM
Yeah i have windows 7 and when i got to the temple i couldn't light the torches either. Tried again thinking maybe it would work this time around, but no. So i have given up. I am at the end and am not willing to start over from the beginning. i don;t like using walkthrough's soi i didn't expect to have problems. but i did. so ummmm yeah whatever.

Go to: