Re:Welcome to Book of Legends forum

[Post New]by mystic_mog on Feb 1, 09 6:57 AM
I really like this game, and I think the dialogue is fun, perhaps I was lucky because I don't suffer from glitch's. I'm hoping they will bring out another game as there are so few that I enjoy.

How to use 'hints' in the Book of Legends is.... How to instructions

[Post New]by Marie149 on Feb 20, 09 3:22 PM
Find the Black PDA; now click on the '? mark' on the top left hand side
of the PDA; now seach for the item by the graph location, which is located in the middle of the PDA & shows a number of coodinates on the page; Seach for the box
location using the coordinates--remember roughly where the box area is & now SEARCH to find the item in the boxed area.
It's easy!! Whola!!!

Edited on 02/20/2009 at 3:23:51 PM PST

keximo
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by keximo on Feb 20, 09 5:24 PM
great game. just finished it with finding the Exc.Sword.

Is this the end of the game? Brought me right back to the very beginning of the game.

keximo

lwoodard
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lwoodard on Feb 25, 09 3:43 PM
this game was ok It's not that hard but it will keep you playing..

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Mar 4, 09 8:47 PM
keximo wrote:great game. just finished it with finding the Exc.Sword.

Is this the end of the game? Brought me right back to the very beginning of the game.

keximo

Im sure you know that to make the scenes go faster, you just keep rapid clicking to get through the abundance of dialog, right? Well, once youre at the end at you have found Excalibur, dont rapid click. Let the dialog go as it is suppose to (will take a while). Storyline will tell you what is in store next (sequel game to come).

Speaking of dialog, normally Im not a nit picker however, if youre going to have THAT much dialog in a game, spell check for pete sake! Especially when every mission ends with a fanfare of sorts and the same words of success. Dialog also has lots of errors in it too. Just sayin!

Like some of you, I agree the dialog was a bit much. Did they have to make the brother sound like such a complete dork? Ive never heard such whining in my life!

Game was fun though. My suggestions for it however extend beyond spelling errors. There should be a timed version or a way to keep score so one can compete with friends or better his score. There should be bonuses and penalties too (more than just the 5 second rule).

Looking FW to the sequel

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Mar 4, 09 9:16 PM
Yea, and with some of the mini games, a few of them take some time to load to the phone. Even if you have enough money for the ticket, try clicking randomly on the phone itself to force the latter text msgs to come up. Now that Ive been through the game more than once, I wait on the phone for a couple moments before grabbing the ticket to make sure all mini games have been delivered.

Another suggestion for sequels, try adding a SKIP button for the dialog. Once youve been through it once or a few times, it would be nice to get to the meat of things, cutting through the chatter. SKIP option would be nice. I doubt creators read this kind of stuff, but worth a mention.

Also, since many play the game several times, its shelf life might last longer if the hidden objects (in lists) would change up instead of being the same each and every time. I dont even have to look at my list anymore when I enter a scene. I know what they are looking for. Changing it up would keep the game fresher, longer.

I agree with whomever said that some of the objects are tough to click on even when you know theyre correct. Example for me- in the mini game that collects the sheets of paper in Congress (I think)... the one on the wall near the clock- that one is a tough one to get to be active even though I know it's the right one! It's how I found out that if you rapid click too many times, you get a time out penalty for 5 seconds I do think the way they supply hints is cool. They dont just point it out to you in a glow or circle of stars. It's nice that you still need to pay a bit of a attention and work a grid. I go back and forth on my opinion about whether or not their should be unlimited hints (as is current) or a limited amount per scene. Seems to me that after hints used and waiting for the 'hinter' to recharge would really only be necessary if you were playing a timed game- which would make players more selective as to when they used hints, perhaps.

Ive got lots of games from Big Fish because it seems they are the only site/producers that have enough games for MACs! Finally! I dont have to shop at specialty stores to game on my Mac! Yay! Neat they have forums for help too. And, nice to read through a board where there isnt a flame war every other post! There are nice ppl online... who knew!

chandlersmom
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

[Post New]by chandlersmom on Jun 10, 09 12:28 PM
I just finished this game. I absolutely LOVED it . Can't wait till part 2 comes out. Does anyone know when that will be?

[Post New]by NettaL on Sep 1, 09 9:34 AM
[i]
KETTLEBEE wrote:I love this game, but can`t figure how to give baby jesus,sword and croos to the saints please help

[Post New]by NettaL on Sep 1, 09 9:36 AM
anyone know how to examine the fire hydrant please help

[Post New]by NettaL on Sep 1, 09 9:38 AM
chandlersmom wrote:I just finished this game. I absolutely LOVED it . Can't wait till part 2 comes out. Does anyone know when that will be?
[u]

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by tinatoerat on Feb 6, 10 5:17 AM
Did the problem with "not enough money" for next ticket get sorted out? I will be seriously peeved if I have to replay all the way through to China again.

If you need to finish all the minigames so as not to get stuck sometime in the future then you shouldn't be allowed to continue until you have done that.

Also really annoying bad grammar - especially "lays" in the opening shot. (It should be "lies". "Lay" is what hens do.)

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Mar 6, 10 8:44 AM
I played the demo and its ok, it is challenging that you have to earn the money to go to your next location so I have enjoyed that part, I think I will purchase this game

FreeRed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by FreeRed on Sep 13, 10 7:43 AM
It's been two years. Where is Book of Legends 2?!

FreeRed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by FreeRed on Feb 28, 11 5:11 PM
@anyone who will listen,
I really loved this game. Where is the second one? We didn't even get a chance to finish what we were trying to do! Please make another one!

WENTPOSTAL
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by WENTPOSTAL on Sep 4, 11 9:06 PM
youngmo wrote:I only got a few minutes into the game & found it irritating as the throttle would not let me go backwards & just kept going further & further away from where I wanted to be! Even when if I get somewhere near the matching location it was to hard to line up.

Go to: