Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Re:Suggestions and Improvements for Sequel of Farm Tribe

[Post New]by Csustar on Oct 19, 10 12:57 PM
LynneMD wrote:That's a good point Nellie...I was playing the trial, and hadn't run into a problem, but after I saw the technical problems, I think I'll wait for a fix before I buy...

I believe they did fix it, because in afternoon of the 17th, I bought it, then it had a fix day or so after that, which showed up on my game manager. It worked great then .

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Oct 19, 10 1:03 PM
I love this game, too.

1. Would like bigger storage, especially if you have to cook elaborate meals and sell them.

2. they should feed themselves.

3. A bigger map, or bigger playing area would be nice.

4. I would like to put buildings where I want them to go.

5. the worms were distracting, and really had nothing to do with the game. They should go.

6. What is the collection for? Does it do anything? Can you sell it? I am still missing a couple pieces, but was wondering if it had something to do with the story, or was it just busy work?

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Oct 19, 10 2:02 PM
Thank you so much Crio for caring!
1. I want people to feed themselves, so start out with small burger stand, or something similar at first, @ lower price to eat and then able to upgrade as game progresses.

2. Bigger Storage, pretty please

3. Please no bugs or worms, I found it hard to hit them just right so was clicking incessantly.

4. A way to choose our workers, then ways to upgrade them for speed, since so many of the crops depend on them to plant, water and harvest, very annoying taking them to the coffee machine.

5. Very amusing to "pick" eggs. The wording would be "gather". You can "pick" or "gather" berries, "pick" bananas, "harvest" the wheat, "dig-up" the potatoes, "pick" the tomatoes, that's the verbage we used when I was on the farm.

6. Make the alcohol bar, a "juice bar", so children do not think it is a fix for depression.

7. A way to see whole area (zoom) out as I never play any games with the sound on, just too annoying. Or show complete list of workers, showing their status, what they are doing, hunger, and sickness.

8. Please show all teck points needed for each item at once, also cost of all items, let us choose what we want to buy and when as long as we have earned the money to do it, just a long as there is a list of requirements for each thing, so we know what to buy to complete it .

9. No babies or children, Don't need any curtain climers messing things up or dirty diapers to change.

10. This is really important, How about a trash cart to drive around to pick up the trash all at once when it shows up, so annoying to use a worker for each pile.

11.Not crazy about the collection, as I am not fond of Hidden objects, and could see no purpose for it?

12. I personally like the buildings and plots being placed for me, as I agonize about where to place things and waste so much time moving them.

Edited on 10/19/2010 at 2:02:46 PM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Oct 19, 10 2:11 PM
Oh yeah, it was way too short. Need more gameplay. If I at (65 yrs of age) can complete in a day and a half, well, it just needs to be longer!

[Post New]by CRIOGAMES_ART on Oct 20, 10 12:22 AM
Many thanks to everyone for your comments! You are helping us a lot! Now our team wakes up to continue to work with great zeal that would make you a game about which you dream!
And I want to ask you )).... tell in what geographic part of the Earth you would want to build a farm of your dreams? (Sorry for my english )

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Oct 20, 10 4:36 AM
How about an underwater habitat so growing a variety of oxygen producing edible plants is directly related to survival ??
Islands are a wonderful game setting but they are being done to death. I would love to see a game someday with an unusual setting pitting man against a hostile environment.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Oct 20, 10 6:21 AM
CRIOGAMES_ART wrote: And I want to ask you )).... tell in what geographic part of the Earth you would want to build a farm of your dreams? (Sorry for my english )

It would be very hard to farm food unless it had seasons, where you can plow, plant, in the spring, then fertilize & water in the summer, then harvest in the very early fall. Winter time you can take care of cattle, sheep or whatever and prepare for calves and lambs late winter and early spring.

I am very happy with island theory, or any place that is conducive to farming. Underwater? not sure how that would work

Maybe in the Artic where they have the great big tents to grow things inside, sorry forgot the proper word for that.

There is a big interest now for urban farming and in the cities, they are getting aeroponic farms that fit inside containers and people are growing the crops inside buildings using led lamps and irrigated with nutrient-infused mists. Here is the link where I found this info:
http://www.grist.org/article/2010-04-05-agriculture-2.0/
Maybe this idea could be named Urban Farm Tribe.

Maybe this will give you some ideas, but I would be very happy with just an upgraded Farm Tribe in the same setting it now is.

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 6:23:24 AM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 20, 10 7:28 AM
Things I really like about the game:

The people do not die. Never change this!

My people do feed themselves so I don't know why others don't realize this. Yes at first you have to put them on the storage unit and feed them. But I have noticed that they do go to the bistro on their own and I've seen them go to the storage unit on their own and eat. I just stopped feeding them unless I don't have anything else to do. Has anyone else noticed this?

They stay on task unless I change them. I also liked that I could give them names of all my family members. LOL

They don't get married and have children that you have to keep track of.

I can click on their picture to find them and on their details.

Easy to follow directions and game play. And I love watching the little folks doing their tasks. Very cool.

I love the coffee, bar, decor, etc.

Things I don't like:

Emptying the storage all the time because it's runs out of space quickly. Just to keep a few items available for a task pretty much fills it up most of the way so it's a headache to look after it.

The bugs are annoying but I can live with them.

The down time for the map section which is where I am in the game right now. Too much dull time with nothing to do but wait for pieces of the map to show up.

It takes too long to make the flour and the milk - speed up the process like you did for the fish.

That's all I have for now. Will edit more later in the game. Love it!

lbain
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by lbain on Oct 21, 10 5:34 AM
I love this game. After a while it is a little slow reaching the next goal. I do wonder why there isnt more diversity of people in this game. African Americans,Spanish,etc. I love, love love Virtual Villagers, I didnt think it was possible, but love your game even more. One thing I do miss about your game is babies, children. That makes the game more realistic. Also I would like to see where the player is able to pick their own worker and have a way to change said clothes in order to clearly differentiate one worker from another by their expertise. Also I like seeing the inhabitants age and die, that allows for new workers to come in and makes it more interesting. I would love to see a virtual game that is set in modern times. Virtual family is an example but the families are confined to the house. If you would create one where the families are diverse, modern and would go out and explore the world around them, malls, countries, going to work, hospitals etc. That would be an awesome game. As I said I do love your game it is my favorite among the virtual games. Thank you for your creativity, now make it better by allowing the people to procreate.

[Post New]by Miscaginda on Oct 21, 10 7:58 AM
First, thank you for a very enjoyable, fun game.
Second thank you letting the "players" voice an opinion as to what to do next.

My suggestions are very similar to the the others: bigger storage, having the tech and other upgrades increased (I just want a longer game!), and letting the inhabitants feed themselves. I would also like to add the ability to have a group party/celebration where they all gather together. Instead of worms, perhaps the next time the nuiance could be monkeys, raccoons or another animal that would be indiginous to the selected area. Also, besides making food with recipes (which is a real treat!), I would like the peeps to be able to produce a product such as jewelry, or clay pots, woven baskets, etc. Please add more "hidden" places like the cave. I kept thinking that the area next to it was hiding some element and I wanted to cut down the trees to see what was there. It's ok if you do not add family making -- I thing that would hurt the game play. Also, I am glad that the folks don't get too old and "die." All in all the game is a real treat so don't change it just add to it! Thanks again for a job well done.

[Post New]by Miscaginda on Oct 21, 10 9:59 AM
A few suggestions for future locations that would have challenging terrain/weather conditions/pests and still have an aura of mystery that would have to be solved:

Egypt: Ancient ruins, mystery of scarabs, desert climate, oasis, trade with nomadic tribes, snakes & lizards

China: Dynasty relics, mystery of herbs/potions, mixed climate - Mountains/Caves, pottery (china) making, panda bears

India: Vedic mysteries, karma/auras, astrology, mixed climate - anything goes, making jewelry and growing exotic flowers for perfume/candles, mongoose/snakes

State of Alaska in the US or NW Territories in Canada: Native American folklore and relics (totems, etc.), rituals for weather/health, moderate/cold climate, mining for gold, fish farms for caviar, rug weaving, pottery/paints, bears/raccoons

Russia: The Steppes or Syberia, moderate to cold climate, mixed terrain, Romanov dynasty treasures (faberge eggs?), mining, spear fishing, fur trapping for coats & hats, nesting dolls, (Vodka??), bears, tigers.

All of the above areas have an item that can be a mystery and all the inhabitants have talents/skills for trade/sale items.

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 8:35:07 AM PST

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Oct 21, 10 12:53 PM
Excellant game! I'm really enjoying myself playing it. I agree with what the majority say, especially Tamitee. The 2 main things that got on my nerves, was having to pick up trash way to much...newspapers? Hmmm could it be that they aren't that lost after all? LOL Maybe having a trash bin for them to pick the trash up as they go instead of one piece at a time would be a very good idea. Also, I'd like very much to have a, "Zoom", especially if the next location is going to be bigger. (as far as suggestion for a location, I'll have to get back to you on that), those 'collections', I also wondered what their purpose was, maybe just to give us something extra to do? I see several of them but for the life of me cannot pick them up. (starfish, scorpion, some type of gem), I noticed no one has mentioned this so maybe it's not that big of a deal, to me it is and that is selling the food off. I'd like to be able to sell food...more then one type at one time instead of selling, for an example, bananas, then get kicked out of food bin only to turn around to sell something else. (have to do this when food bin is filled or need money), now that really bothers me. To be able to sell several different types of food at one time sure would make things easier and more enjoyable....at least for me, can't speak for others.

Thanks for starting this thread, wish more would follow in your footsteps.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Oct 21, 10 3:36 PM
It would be good if it was possible to choose which crop to grow. For example, I don't want to grow potatoes or cabbage at the moment and need to be able to grow more wheat for flour. So the cabbage and potato field are lying empty when they could be used to grow wheat.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Oct 24, 10 2:28 AM
bamlink wrote:Just wanted to add the dissenting vote here:

I liked the worms. They provided a cute change of pace. You might consider other pests or dangers to the farms, such as locusts or deer.

I also liked finding the artifacts and missed only one.

My only suggestion might be more shopping choices in terms of houses, decorations, etc.. You might want to add a building element to the farm.

I really liked this game and thought it was very varied with time management, hidden object and sim play all wrapped up together.

You did a very good job. I look forward to the sequel.

I totally agree with what has been said here. I would also like to add a couple of things, some of which others have said.

An explanation of the sounds. I finally figured out the music telling me the bugs are on their way. But some of the other I still have not figured out and I am playing for the second time through.

I really like the idea of the Northwest Territories in Canada or the Southwest of USA: Native American folklore and relics (totems, etc.), rituals for weather/health, moderate/cold climate, mining for gold, fish farms for caviar, rug weaving, pottery/paints, bears/raccoons

Please no children. This is a farming business not a village.

Faster production of some items such as flour.

To be able to zoom out so I can see the whole map at once.

Can hardly wait for your sequel... truly love this game. This is a game I will play many times.

Pat

sdurrie
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by sdurrie on Oct 24, 10 6:48 PM
One thing I suggest is please improve the appearance of the peoples' faces. The nose seems too big for the face. If you wish to keep the nose that size, at least make their eyes and mouth larger. The game is pretty and needs pretty people in it.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 6:53:24 PM PST

[Post New]by podge73 on Nov 1, 10 12:37 AM
Thankyou for taking the time to find out what we think of your game and our suggestions I think it is fantastic that you are taking the time to do that!

Firstly I am currently playing the game with my hubby and we both love it and it's very addictive LOL

I would like to see some improvements made to the storage like everyone else. I totally agree that is very annoying that you can't make recipes and store gathered food items as there simply is not enough room.

Here is some of my suggestions:

1. Increase food storage room or make 2 storage rooms one for gathered food and one for prepared recipes.

2. When you have to make recipes for tasks they are not allowed to be sold that option is blacked out maybe you could make it also do that so that your tribe can not eat them either.

3. I also agree that your tribe should be able to feed itself when it is hungry, but I think fine tuning this command so that they can not eat recipes meant for tasks or not eat at the bistro unless there is no food to be found in the storage room.

4. I also would like to see a list of where people are working. I found it very annoying trying to figure out who was working where and what needed workers, especially as the game progressed and you had more and more to do.

5. I also would like the removal of the bugs they were quite annoying but if you feel they need to stay maybe some kind of reward as someone else suggested.

6. I found the collectables to be a bit hard to find and I am currently trying to find the last one but to no avail, though hubby found them all. If you leave them in the game maybe you could make them glitter or something so they are easier to spot.

Thankyou once again for taking the time to find out what we liked and disliked about your game. I love it and I can't wait for the sequel

maarja0
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by maarja0 on Feb 9, 11 1:20 PM
I really loved the concept of Farm Tribe, would definitely buy the sequel. The change that I'd love to see in it would be to be able to lock some ingredients in the storage. Even now, when I have the diner, I sometimes discover the villagers eating at the storage (when I haven't sent them there). I have nothing against it, except that they may eat something that I need for the current task.
Otherwise, I'd like it if the upgrades (for example a new hut, upgrading the storage space) wouldn't come up at definite times, but would be available for buying as soon as you have the money (and workers) for it. Also, in the last part of the game, the storage stayed a little bit too small (it wasn't possible to have every product in it, so I would have to shut down some of the production). Not that it's too disturbing, but why not have another upgrade ready for those who want to purchase it? (since I collected enormous amounts of money by the end, it would have been nice to have something to spend it on)
Another thing - it would be really nice if the game was more thoroughly tested before releasing, since I have read on the forum that there were lots of bugs and I also experienced one of those (luckily only at the end, so it didn't matter that much)

[Post New]by GeGe1965 on Mar 14, 11 5:32 PM
Please no kids too hard to keep up with. But definitely have them to go feed themselves, so I don't forget and if there blue or lonely have them go find someone or seat down. Hurry with the sequel. I agree bigger things to find and more and bigger award than just decorations.

"Hey Lynne MD where do you find the game called artist studio"

Thanks for the chance at our input A way to see what everyone is doing at once is also a good idea. I like the fact that they get to finish the game without dying.

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Mar 30, 11 12:18 AM
I love this game.

1. Bigger storage. Never enough space to keep things in. How about one for harvested food and one for cooked food.

2. I like the bugs and hidden object part of the game as it keeps it from getting boring. But don't change the other part of the game.

3. Hire more workers or have kids. And some of the others die off. Similar to virtual villagers. I don't mind if the farmers don't die off. It could be that the farmers can only have 2 per couple. So a maximum of 16 hired workers, that's 8 couples 2 per couple equals an extra sixteen helpers.

4. A mini map. Plus a larger map.

5. Maybe this time they are stranded on a deserted island( I have not quite finished the game yet).

6. A clothing hut. Where they can change their clothes.

7. A seperate mini island maybe where only special foods can grow.

8. Able to place buildings where I want to.

That's all for now!

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Oct 29, 11 7:59 AM
I agree with a lot of the other suggestions but loved the game at start but now am finding it boring.
Currentluy have all the collectibles and 10 / 12 part of map and marking time to get the remaining two.
Have $63000 and I was getting tired of the storage shed filling up and thius having to make menu items to remove and sell to make space. What is the purpose of making more money when there does not seem to be a goal in sight to aim for . I have directed all the people to stop harvesting and just go and earn tech points.
No further outside orders coming in .
Have green Blue red and purple totems and see a location for another but cannot work out how to get that one (left of main totem area. Just says need to do more research.
Seems that you get to a certain level and then no incentive to keep going as nothing seems to be happening except wait for random pieces of map to appear.
Feel that I am wasting my time here.

Go to: