Re:Post any Mysteries of Magic Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by mcaninch on Oct 24, 10 12:06 PM
I am looking for the room in which the last talsman is located; the walkthough says to go to the right of the screen, but there is no way to get into the room that I am seeing the edge of. From reading some of the forum messages it must be the room with the oil lamps in it. How do I get there?

[Post New]by supersleuth10 on Oct 25, 10 9:49 AM
i have done the lightning potion and have done the lightning at the door and the door seems slightly open do I go through door? trouble is everytime I click on door the game is closed down and I've 3 or 4 times now and game still shuts down and takes me to a site that says survey is now closed! please advise!!

[Post New]by supersleuth10 on Oct 25, 10 9:55 AM
I had to click several times before I clicked what looks like a robot on right-handside and just kept clicking all over the right hand side before it opened a portal/door for me!! not very good when comes to trying to find out what or where to go/click. not impressed with game!!!

[Post New]by joss_57 on Oct 25, 10 5:01 PM
Me to i can't get the fire rune to light the candles in the cave door way after picking up the lighting rune and wire, before Part4.

Has anyone come up with the problem solver to this game yet,was really enjoying it.
I'll wait to see if a patch turns up for it i dont feel like starting again.

Edited on 10/25/2010 at 5:02:49 PM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 27, 10 1:41 PM
mcaninch wrote:I am looking for the room in which the last talsman is located; the walkthough says to go to the right of the screen, but there is no way to get into the room that I am seeing the edge of. From reading some of the forum messages it must be the room with the oil lamps in it. How do I get there?

I'm having the same problem.

[Post New]by henifer on Oct 27, 10 6:10 PM
Not having issues with the lamps, but I am having an issue with a hidden object item. Last item in this particular room, towards the end of the game, is a feather. When I hit "hint", it shows me where the feather is located. However, when I go to click on the feather, there is none there. Nothing, nada.
Cannot go further with the game at this point.

[Post New]by ponyinfield on Oct 28, 10 2:10 PM
I had a problem with the lamps. I emailed customer service and they were fantastic.
I had to find a particular file and edit it, which they gave perfect instructions to. I could then carry on the game from where i could not fill lamps. Completed.

[Post New]by exit310 on Oct 30, 10 5:10 PM
I think I have had more technical problems with this game than any other before. I am attempting to get something to happen in the room for the last talisman and nothing happens. The hint button tells me there is nothing to do there now. I have already repaired the sissors (the walkthrough shows this later) and don't know if that threw it off but nothing works now at any site in the game. I am finally going to quit this game and leave it unfinished I guess. Very dissapointing................

[Post New]by mprojectqeen on Oct 31, 10 10:25 AM
Just bought this game and was not able to light the 2nd candle in the "cave". Tried starting over with different players. I'm stuck> Can't get past this screen. Any suggestions? Very frustrating

[Post New]by aenglebright on Oct 31, 10 12:15 PM
I too cannot get the second candle to light in the cave doorway and it makes me nervous seeing everyone's frustration about the lanterns/torches to come as I haven't even gotten close to that and am already having problems. They need to fix this game so that you can do things slightly out of their walk through order.

[Post New]by mabaker59 on Oct 31, 10 2:46 PM
Hi there
I had the same problem with lighting the lamps in the Temple room. I couldn't find the answer on the forum so I emailed BFG direct and got a fix from a very helpful guy called Eugene. It is a bug in the game, and he will be quite happy to help you through. Go to the BF Customer Help link and tell them the prob you are having - I got an answer next day and have now finished the game with no other glitches. The fix is a little bit technical for any technophobes out there, but take it step by step and a couple of minutes has the problem solved so you can enjoy the rest of your game.

MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Nov 2, 10 8:20 PM
This is sooooo frustrating. I have tried and couldn't get the scissors to work or couldn't get the windmill for the green thing. I quit and uninstalled and reinstalled and am having the same problem. Every scene says nothing to do here search elswhere. I will just quit until I see there has been an update to fix some of the problems alot of us are having. It really is a good game, hope it will get fixed soon.

MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Nov 2, 10 8:23 PM
Sorry, posted twice.

Edited on 11/02/2010 at 8:24:58 PM PST

[Post New]by mommaheidi on Nov 2, 10 10:38 PM
ponyinfield wrote:I had a problem with the lamps. I emailed customer service and they were fantastic.
I had to find a particular file and edit it, which they gave perfect instructions to. I could then carry on the game from where i could not fill lamps. Completed.
How long did it take you to edit file for the game to be playable?

[Post New]by starrfish69 on Nov 3, 10 9:37 PM
icemaidenq wrote:OMG - I'm almost through this game and I am having the same issues with the oil and lamps. WHY would I want to start all over again to get to this scene again because the developers decided that you had to first oil and light each lamp PRECISELY in order...if you wanted us to do that, then you shouldn't let us see more than one lamp...sheesh...I was trying to save clicking back and forth and oiled two lamps and then tried to light both. How absolutely frustrating!

[Post New]by starrfish69 on Nov 3, 10 9:39 PM
I am having the same problem with the oil lamps! Do I really have to do the game all over again!!?? We should get our money back for this one. I don't want to do it again. Has anyone talked to support?

doep
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by doep on Nov 3, 10 10:42 PM
HI, I CANNOT GET THE FIRST CANDLE LIT IN THE CAVE. AS SOON AS I DOUBLE CLICK TO RELEASE THE FIRE NOTHING HAPPENS. PLEASE ASSIST. E-MAIL ME [removed by moderator]

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 10:56:48 AM PST

[Post New]by 1_spring_chicken on Nov 4, 10 6:14 PM
starrfish69 wrote:I am having the same problem with the oil lamps! Do I really have to do the game all over again!!?? We should get our money back for this one. I don't want to do it again. Has anyone talked to support?

Add me to the list of people having an issue with the oil lamps. Tried to save time by putting the oil in the second and third lamp before lighting. Now I'm stuck!! Not a very Happy Camper!

[Post New]by Jessee08 on Nov 7, 10 7:43 PM
I am at the fire potion part of the game where you are in the cabin and need to put together the torn paper pieces. I have it all together except the last 2 pieces which are too far down on the page to grab and move. If I try, the down arrow comes on and it moves me to another location. How do I pick up the final 2 pieces without starting over? I have tried exiting and coming back in and that does not work.
Fortuneately, I didnot have a problem with the lamps, but I think there is a major problem with this game and I would like a refund. I cannot afford to keep buying games that are not functioning properly.

[Post New]by shirleyb77 on Nov 9, 10 4:33 PM
I've been having trouble too and just spoke to someone on the chat line. They've issued a new build of the game. Here's what she said to do:
1) Uninstall the game
2) Reinstall from the member section game download
3) Create a new character
4) This should fix the problem

GOOD LUCK!

Go to: