parvacrux
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by parvacrux on Nov 9, 10 5:52 PM
non posso finire il gioco! quando salgo in macchina per inseguire Sirius si blocca tutto, anche il pc **** già provato e riprovato più volte e... niente! che devo fare????
aiuto!!
grazie.

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 5:53:51 PM PST

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by unicornone on Nov 25, 10 1:27 PM
grrr... another game that crashes my computer. This new update has made no difference because it still crashes it. Now all I get is an incompatible graphic cards message. Funny how other games are supported!... very annoying.

[Post New]by amethyst48 on Nov 25, 10 10:56 PM
I am stuck at the bobblehead puzzle. At first it let me move the heads around and even heard voices. Now even though the heads aren't in the right places, they won't move. When I leave the puzzle the "skip puzzle" and "info" buttons appear on every screen. I am unable to open the glove box, so I'm guessing that you have to finish the bobbleheads before the glove box opens. This is so disappointing, because it's a great game. I had hoped that the bugs were fixed in the newer version, but guess not.

[Post New]by Svanhilds on Dec 2, 10 6:41 AM
When i try to go to the sodamachine in the subway, my game crashes...Every time...I've done all the things i'm suppose to do, and even the hint says that i should go to the sodamachine...
What to do???

[Post New]by thepianolady on Dec 2, 10 7:07 AM
Mac version crashes at soda machine at bottom of the elevator.

[Post New]by DariusThe3rd on Dec 2, 10 7:19 AM
thepianolady wrote:Mac version crashes at soda machine at bottom of the elevator.

Yep, same here. Contacted CS about it.

(Beautiful game though)

D3

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 7:20:20 AM PST

johnop
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by johnop on Dec 2, 10 9:12 AM
My problem is every time I click on the soda machine the game closes out. Whats the deal?

[Post New]by spaniard1 on Dec 2, 10 11:12 AM
My game also quits when trying to access the soda machine. Contacted customer support and waiting for an update.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 2, 10 2:36 PM
Hi Fishies!

I'm glad to hear that a number of you have already been able to contact Customer Support about the crashing problem you're encountering at the soda machine.

In the meantime, it may also help to look through these help articles:

Mac Game Errors (for those of you playing the Mac version)

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen (for anyone playing the PC version)

If you haven't yet contacted Customer Support, please go ahead and do so, as they'll be able to help further. They can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

ETA: It's also really helpful if you add if you're playing the Mac or PC version when posting in this thread.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 2:38:24 PM PST

AJuk1977
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by AJuk1977 on Dec 2, 10 3:14 PM
Hi all,

I too have purchased the Mac version today and get booted out of the game at the fizzy drink machine. I contacted CS and they made me check my flash, quicktime and apple updates and restart. I have done all this (even though I was pretty sure I was up-to-date), deleted and reinstalled to just come up against the same problem. It would be interesting to find out if anyone on a Mac has got past that yet?

Meanwhile, I have replied to the CS e-mail saying the above and await their reply again. As I am a UK fishie, I guess I will find out when I get up tomorrow as it is off to bed for me now. I think it is a game glitch not a computer glitch IMO.

AJ

[Post New]by fishbones6 on Dec 2, 10 3:41 PM
Don't know what the big fish moderator is smoking but the mac version of the game .... crashes ... in ... the ... subway .... scene.
This isn't an Apple problem (i.e., nothing to reload).
Its a big fish problem (i.e., glitch to acknowledge and fix while respectfully keeping paid customers up-to-date on progress).

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 2, 10 4:47 PM
Hi fishbones6,

If it is a problem specific to the game it's still very helpful if you're able to contact Customer Support. They'll be able to gather necessary information on what types of computers/components are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a potential fix.

All the best,

-bfgDonau

mcqueenn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mcqueenn on Dec 2, 10 7:16 PM
Yup--mine crashes at the subterranean soda machine too. Must be a game problem.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 2, 10 8:11 PM
Add me to the list. Same thing -- click to go toward the soda machine and it's over. Too bad since this game was quite a bit of fun up until then. I suspect there will be more of us. I will report to customer support as well.

24" 1Mac
OS 10.6.5
4GB Memory

[Post New]by Christabelle5 on Dec 3, 10 12:42 AM
I am having the same problem with the Soda Machine ... the moment you get near it the game crashes. I am glad others have reported it.

I am concerned though. This is the third or fourth collector's edition that I have purchased and that has a glitch.

Big Fish does refund or fix but this process is so annoying ... especially when collector's editions are dearer than the normal game.

[Post New]by plainenglish on Dec 3, 10 7:22 AM
mine crashes at the soda machine. I'm on a mac and the system is about 3 weeks old so I know it's up to date. Disappointing...the game was really engaging.

Mogwa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Mogwa on Dec 3, 10 11:53 AM
Ditto on the CE edition for the Mac.

My iMac is running Snow Leopard (10.6.5 + all updates).
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 3, 10 2:59 PM
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that there is a new Mac build now available that will fix the soda machine crash issue.

To install this version, please uninstall and reinstall the game -- here is a help article with those steps:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any further issues, please get in touch with Mac Support and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you for your patience as we worked to fix this!

-bfgArnoStyx

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 3, 10 3:56 PM
Thank you bfgArnoStyx and BFG!!

EDT: I just downloaded and tried the game. I did not toss my preference file, could start at the soda machine -- no apparent issues. Whew!

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 3:59:36 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 3, 10 6:33 PM
I just downloaded and can't even get the demo to run. Every time I click play I get a message telling me it quit unexpectedly - without ever starting. I'm on a Mac. I have restarted my computer to no avail. I've never had a problem like this. Even played 13 Skulls with no glitches (except for the goblet glitch). Am trying a reinstall, but am not hopeful.

Go to: