sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 21, 10 5:49 AM
CasualGran-
Someone above wrote there wasn't a strategy guide.....

???
Point 1: I haven't seen anyone before you write that there wasn't a strategy guide, but maybe that's just me

Actually CasualGran, cherbto did mention there was no strategy guide. But then she was commenting on the demo and I'm sure just hadn't had time to notice the guide button yet. I had to go back back up the forum and look also. And I do agree with you that length is always a personal opinion as we all know everyone plays at different speed.

One point I didn't see mentioned though I might have missed it is that there is a timer that keeps track of how long you play. I liked this feature. Someone mentioned yesterday that it does not turn off if you "Pause" but only if you go back to the main menu. When finished you should have an acurate length time.

As I mentioned in the forum yesterday after playing the demo off the devs site this has all the appearances of a great game. And needless to say I'm DLing it now. As an added plus the 3 credits will finish out my third punchcard.

Laflamme wrote:According to the site for the game the exclusive bonus features for this game are a "Classic Love Story" and "gorgeous gameplay". Since bonus features only appear in the CE I take it those will be taken out for the regular edition?

Hahahahahahah....

With the holidays coming up I'm sure the good game availability will pick up.
Great game to lead into Halloween!
Woohoo...I'm excited!!!
~~~~~~~~Happy gaming Fishies!! ~~~~~~~~~~

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 6:06:55 AM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by heatherington on Oct 21, 10 5:55 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. We've been waiting so long. Man! Are we only going to get a once a month game? I think Big Fish has taken forced budgeting to an all new high. However, I'm very grateful for whenever I do get a decent game because they can be played over and over while waiting for the next one. Thanks Big Fish and all you fishies for your good reviews.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Oct 21, 10 6:05 AM
Finally, The Phantom has arrived! It's a definite buy for me.
Based solely on the demo-this is an IHOG.
Options has no custom cursor.
It does have a Display featuring these choices: Widescreen Monitor, Regular Monitor, Windowed Mode and Enhance Performance for Slower Computers.

Graphics are good. Hidden object scenes-so far, not very many. No random click penalty. If you can't find an item, just point at it with your mouse and a silhouette will appear (I didn't know what some items were). Hint recharges very slowly. The puzzles I've encountered were solved w/o peeking at the SG yet. Skip is available, but it is slow to use.
Music is fantastic. I love it!
Voice acting is good. Though I have to say, I like the Headless Horseman's voice in Sleepy Hollow a tad bit better!
When demo ended, I had items galore in my inventory with no idea where to use them. I suspect there's going to be alot of back and forth in this game! Our character will give a helpful nudge every once in awhile. I don't know if I like this or not (I like determining that myself), but it may be appreciated later on!
The Strategy Guide is different. You select a question that best suits your particular dilemma and it will be answered. It is integrated.
The devs of this game are one of my favorites. I love Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd and for straight HOG play, Mystery Legends: Sleepy Hollow is a must-have!

[Post New]by jean1221 on Oct 21, 10 6:08 AM
I liked the object of the game and would have bought it, but. I did not like the fact that the game takes some time to go from scene to scene and there is a black screen between scenes. Also the hidden objects scenes are not really clear and some of the objects are so small that you really can't see them very good. I think I'll wait a little longer for a game that moves a bit better.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Oct 21, 10 6:13 AM
I bought this game after 10 minutes of the trial...love it. The only thing that sort of bugged me was that the hint button is sparkling all the time. Ok...I am over that.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Oct 21, 10 6:15 AM
Wow! This is a great game! None of the games have really grabbed me this month, but this one is a winner.

I so like that the devs listened to players/customers comments and feedback or just complaints.

Pros: The game has length so the bonus is really just that a bonus! I hate it when they say bonus added just for length so they short change the actual/main game.

The strategy guide does not completely walk you through but helps when you need it. That is great.

Finally, a novel is added what an original idea!

Con: The hints/timer does take a long time to reload.

This will be the first CE that I really want to buy and well worth the money!

I give this a 5 out of 5 (not too easy or hard-just enjoyable)

slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

COLLECTERS EDITION ON SALE TODAY!

[Post New]by slinkysmom on Oct 21, 10 6:19 AM
Hi Fellow Fishies.......
CE IS ON SALE TODAY FOR 13.99. 2 credits instead of 3. Reading the reviews and though I never buy CE's, I might make an exception especially since it is now 13.99
Thought I would pass it on!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

COLLECTERS EDITION ON SALE TODAY!

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 21, 10 6:36 AM
slinkysmom wrote:Hi Fellow Fishies.......
CE IS ON SALE TODAY FOR 13.99. 2 credits instead of 3. Reading the reviews and though I never buy CE's, I might make an exception especially since it is now 13.99
Thought I would pass it on!

Thanks, Slinkysmom. But fishies, correct me if I'm wrong. I think all CEs are now $13.99 every day (they lowered the price recently from $19.99!) and you get 3 punch card credits for each.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Oct 21, 10 6:37 AM
A great game -- lots to keep track of, huge space to explore, creepy ambience. And the menacing voice over is fun -- though I, too, prefer the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow. One feature I enjoyed is the illogical arrangement of objects in many of the HOG scenes. Usually, objects are arranged in defined spaces, which you can logically eliminate sequentially. In many of the scenes in this game, everything is a jumble and it is satisfyingly easy to forget where you are looking, have already looked and still need to look.

Again, my concern is the CE. Is it worth it? I neither want nor need the novel. Is the additional game play worth the cost Do the extras make the game doubly valuable for me? I will wait to purchase until I read more reviews of the additional features.

In any case, a great game. Many thanks, BF! Enjoy, fishies!

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Oct 21, 10 6:39 AM
Totally agree about the punch card credits!

Poutoule wrote:Already expressed myself in another thread, still, Casualgran, I do see a big flaw in this game : CE. When you have 5 punch card credits BFG should allow you to use at least 3 of them to buy a CE, that would be more than the price of the CE, considering you bought your games and it's a well earned reward. I'm quite disgusted about that, no good games to spend credits on. Otherwise the game is great but I still hesitate, as I already bought my lot of CE this month and last one.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 21, 10 6:40 AM

by sartasia on October 21, 5:49 AM
CasualGran-
Someone above wrote there wasn't a strategy guide.....
???
Point 1: I haven't seen anyone before you write that there wasn't a strategy guide, but maybe that's just me

Actually CasualGran, cherbto did mention there was no strategy guide. But then she was commenting on the demo and I'm sure just hadn't had time to notice the guide button yet. I had to go back back up the forum and look also. And I do agree with you that length is always a personal opinion as we all know everyone plays at different speed.

Yes I did mention that there was no strategy guide purely because the words Strategy Guide are normally there separately for you to click on and I didn't see them when I did the demo and I have been out since so not looked at the full version. If the guide is actually included in the hint system it would explain why I didn't find it ... I never used a hint as such just the one silhouette for the vitascope.

So very very sorry if I misled anyone.

Cherb

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Oct 21, 10 6:45 AM
Yeah !!!!! I've been waiting for this game and almost bought it from the dev. site until I read that BF was releasing the game this week. I did DL the trial from the other site but waited for BF. Thanks CasualGran and Goofyduck for your excellent reviews. Now off to play so no work gets done today...
Happy gaming fellow fishies.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Oct 21, 10 7:09 AM
I just finished the game and it took me 6 hours. No doubt on replay it will go much faster. The graphics were outstanding as was everything else. Lots of challenge and just my type of game.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 21, 10 7:29 AM
I was prepared to not like this game because I hated mystery legends: sleepy hollow. However this mystery legends is completely different. The map looks huge so I'm anticipating a nice long game. During my hour demo, I was intregued by all the tasks I will need to perform. I actually only accomplished a couple of them in the alloted hour. Even though I've read the bonus section is short, I decided to buy the collector's edition.

The mood is dark but the screen isn't so dark you can't see what you're looking for. This has the same type of game play as dire grove. You wander around finding things and take them back to where you need them or carry them until you find a place where you need them.

There are many things within each scene that need to be examined so my time just sped by. I immediately bought the game and am typing this while it downloads. If you like IHOG's you will like this game.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Oct 21, 10 7:42 AM
Love this game, Play Pond does it right!

happyme76
Catfish
Catfish
1,619 Posts

[Post New]by happyme76 on Oct 21, 10 7:59 AM
Must......Resist......Buying.........

Absolutely brilliant game!!!!

Swims off to check bank balance

ETA: Bought it!!! Could not resist!!

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 8:04:06 AM PST

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Oct 21, 10 8:00 AM
hi all ...

i'm trying to get the last chess piece ... the guide says it's in the womens change room .... any ideas where that is ...

I thought it meant the cloak room or closet, but nothing there , any help please.. i'm totally stuck

Thanks

Lou

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 21, 10 8:09 AM
All the positives about this game have already been said. " Absolument fantastique " Played for 10 minutes and loved it. definite buy

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 21, 10 8:09 AM
ok....did the demo.....have to have to have to have!!!!!!!
this is one of the best games I've played in a while!!!!!
Now....do I play before or after cleaning the house.....

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 21, 10 8:12 AM
The women change room is in the section to which you enter through the Powder room (after you bring a black rose to the picture, it opens a new area).

If you didn't bring the black rose yet (you have to clean the floor with mop) - just pass from room to room again; and click on the hint, to ask if you missed something (you don't lose a hint if there is nothing to do in the room). The simulator will open for you some HOG screens, to help you advance.

Go to: