Macazzar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cookie Domination

[Post New]by Macazzar on Oct 25, 10 8:02 AM
Simply horrible...........should never have left the developers network.

[Post New]by hcaine on Oct 25, 10 5:22 PM

I truly hope that this game doesn't mean that Big Fish is running out
of ideas for games! This is a horrible game, I thought the cute name
meant that the game was going to be fun--I was mistaken.
I sometimes like playing RPGs, but not on my PC.
Definitely do NOT recommend this game.

Please try again Big Fish!

Hannah

jklinders
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jklinders on Oct 26, 10 5:40 AM
I'm certain there are more tasteful ways to re-skin Risk than to have roving bands of pre-teen girls roaming around and beating the crap outta each other. But to each their own. I had high hopes when I saw sandbox had made it, but it didn't really do anything for me.

Really an old game like risk needs to be shaken up a lot more than this to get a second look from me. The AI was not aggressive enough and not having any control of my starting locations on the map was a poor compensation for that. Oh well, I'm quite certain Sandbox will do better next time.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Oct 27, 10 11:10 AM
Did not play this initially due to all the negative comments but was bored today & downloaded & I actually found it pretty interesting. Thank you Lisa522 & WhitePriestess for your accurate description of the game. As you have stated, this is a Risk-type game & once you get into it more, it sets up all kinds of different tactical challenges, which I liked. I also liked the description of the players, especially the PNW Goth girls I don't know, the "violence" didn't really bother me & I am really a total pacifist--nothing compared to many other games out there. So if you like strategy games I would suggest trying this game out for yourself & see what you think.

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Oct 28, 10 5:56 AM
You're welcome, kitty1 and opiesmom.

I wanted to add that perhaps the game isn't as initially appealing as it could be due to the tutorial feature. A member on another forum mentioned this and I could see the point. I admit that I was confused at some points but then, I do sometimes fast forward the tutorial sessions so I blamed myself more than anything else.

Still, it is a pretty fun game and very strategical and people should remember that it's a game-nothing more, nothing less.

moochorama
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by moochorama on Oct 30, 10 6:03 AM
I liked the game. I don't see anything offensive about it, it's just a game, and the choice of protagonists is pretty tongue in cheek, I'd say. The fights are rather cutesy, the cookie clubs are just fighting each other with their respective accesoires. Actually it looks more like a sports competition.

Gameplay is pretty similar to an old Asterix game from the Playstation from about ten years ago ( I don't think anyone complained about Romans and Gauls beating each other up ), but without the minigames and jump & run levels. I loved that game back then and was excited to see there was a new version to be had. Im not sure if I'll buy this one though (I miss the minigames and j&r levels ), as I liked the old Asterix one more, and the fighting intermezzos weren't really necessary and dragged the game down a bit, speedwise.

The tutorial was a little confusing, as it didn't really tell you how many rounds there were, how many reinforcements you get and when, and what was to be next. Playing the game itself is more enlightening

I can't imagine any kid being induced to start bullying and/or fighting by this game. Kids are not stupid. Bullies will be bullies regardless, they defilnitely won't become bullies by playing games like Cookie Domination.

frini7
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by frini7 on Oct 30, 10 8:53 AM
I only played it for two minutes... hated it , didn't even understand it

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Nov 7, 10 7:38 AM
I really liked this game, I like the slow pace and the strategy involved.

Those people that are going on about the bullying, how many games do you play that involve murder??
If you can play a game involving murder without actually doing it then why would it be different with this game.
Me thinks some people have double standards...Murder is alright but some girls fighting over some cookie territory is downright atrocious.

Bullying is not right, sure, I know I went through some horrific bullying that has left me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other psychiatric problems, but I doubt the people doing the bullying where going out after playing a game like this and whacking people with teddy bears.(Which is what the Goths used).

IN THIS GAME GUNS WERE NOT USED!!

A good game that sure does take a little time to get into, but once you are into it and know what you are doing then it is great.
The sound effects where a little intrusive for me, but you have the option of turning that down or off.
When it came to the little "battles" I did watch them as I liked watching the number of cookies fall.

Seems like a good length game and one that involves using the old grey cells.
A game that I will be considering when the money fairy visits.

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 7:41:22 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Nov 7, 10 8:27 AM
RainbowElf wrote:

IN THIS GAME GUNS WERE NOT USED!!

Exactly (and I agree with your other points as well).

I don't think it's right that some have posted wrong information - in HUGE letters, then later admitted it's wrong but left it as a first impression for anyone who may think about trying this game to see.

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 8:27:33 AM PST

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Nov 7, 10 5:27 PM
ajuma wrote:Wow! Were those umbrellas and not guns????

I've got a 23" monitor and they sure looked like guns to me!

Maybe they WERE umbrellas!

But still....

im confused. are they umbrellas or guns?

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Nov 17, 10 4:51 PM
endofmonth wrote:

im confused. are they umbrellas or guns?

There are no guns. Someone has some issues but there are no guns in this game. Not even anything that looks like a gun. That's why I reviewed the game in the first place. Just so people would know that was NOT true.

NEPAT
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by NEPAT on Jan 27, 11 10:53 PM
Here's another vote for ya.....I'm putting this one in the "I cant believe it!" Junk file.
Can't believe the violent theme...from cookies???

Sorry, but aggression of this nature is unforgivable on the parts of the developers and promoters.

Aren't we trying to teach our kids otherwise??? And the bullying behavior is unacceptable?

Come on, BF...get with the program!

gtagta
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by gtagta on Feb 25, 11 4:24 AM
too violent>

no thx!

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 4:25:44 AM PST

fayeraye
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by fayeraye on Jul 31, 11 12:36 PM
Maybe I'm sick but I really enjoy this game! Very thoughtful gameplay

kitty1 wrote:Did not play this initially due to all the negative comments but was bored today & downloaded & I actually found it pretty interesting. Thank you Lisa522 & WhitePriestess for your accurate description of the game. As you have stated, this is a Risk-type game & once you get into it more, it sets up all kinds of different tactical challenges, which I liked. I also liked the description of the players, especially the PNW Goth girls I don't know, the "violence" didn't really bother me & I am really a total pacifist--nothing compared to many other games out there. So if you like strategy games I would suggest trying this game out for yourself & see what you think.

[Post New]by DreamDancer82 on Nov 13, 11 6:38 AM
Mixed feelings on this one. I think I only played half the demo, I don't recall. I kind of liked the fight scenes (especially sped up. They're pretty funny if you speed them up). Violence . . . . . maybe, but (to me at least), it's on the level of the old "Tom and Jerry" or classic "Looney Tunes" level, and I am a HUGE fan of the old Looney Tunes! It's cartoony, and you just CAN'T take it seriously. Though I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it or not.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Huge Fail

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 28, 12 8:16 PM
This is definitely, for sure a world record for me. I quit & uninstalled this horrible, horrible game in under 9 minutes. And they were a long, long 9 minutes.
In that time, I could have been shoving sharpened pine needles beneath my fingernails or drinking scalding hot water, or getting back together with my ex-husband. Sigh...
This was awful.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on May 22, 12 2:12 PM
Ha, I am reading these comments approx 2 years after most were posted and I have to chime in that with all the horrid dark games with vivid detailed depictions of demons, humans being hurt, etc, I have to laugh because I don't see many people speaking out about THOSE!

Where are people when these games are so widely accepted?

I'll tell you. "Political acceptance" is way overboard, that's why. Our 'belief' freedoms are being damped down and we are not 'allowed' to voice our opinions about them even though they are being attacked via games which depict pentagrams, witches, etc etc. YEP, 'we' are bullied by other players here even on BFG OR blatantly ignored, which, actually is another way of bullying.

Violence in any form, including by "supernatural or ghosts, demons", etc., should not be accepted by you either if that is your stance. PERIOD>~!

I think it's sadly ironic so many people piped in with comments on this, 'girl scouts' and bulllying yet jmany people are playing and even allowing their children to play the DARKEST and violent games that are out now and commonly accepted... the games which not only attack the flesh, but also the soul.

Further, there are many, many more popular games with plenty of violence in the guise of "zombies versus ?", etc.... oh, those are ok though?

Where are we headed, it amazes me.

PS: Frankly, I just thought the game was stupid and boring and NO different if not even as bad as the games out now... also, I would not have used "violence" as a reason for bad review it was more of a stategy game and there are tons of them old and new based on war and politics, etc.... not to mention the ones I point out above which are occult based... yep...there are far worse games than this out there that people should be voicing out on, IMO>!

Edited on 05/22/2012 at 2:20:47 PM PST

Go to: