Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses forum

[Post New]by 070650 on Nov 21, 08 12:07 PM
I had to go to my virus software and allow it(bigfish clients,two others in the bf category in the applications part,and then go back & try to download it again(also firewall too.).try that it says something about the apps you are supposed to highlight in the help category after it won't finish and you get that error notice.It took me awhile to get it to work.,but finally did.

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by kwhel on Nov 21, 08 5:15 PM
I have made it through another Nancy Drew. Happy. Even though I am only a gifted gumshoe, I am still happy.

[Post New]by LottiD on Nov 22, 08 2:52 AM
Hi Guylee1

I am having exactly the same problem as you described in the snake room. Did reloading work to fix your problem?
Just curious to see if it worked before I go ahead and do the same.

Thanks

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 22, 08 5:00 AM
Those of you have ing trouble in the snake room- you should see a bubble on the left for the snake stick and a bubble in the center for the batteries. You will not be able to catch the snakes, until you load your flashlight.

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Nov 22, 08 8:35 AM
i finished the game, loved it, my very first nancy drew game.

i have a question, i noticed that if you reach detective there is a special ending. has anyone got there and if so how many points does it take to get there.

appreciate your reply

terri

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 22, 08 8:46 AM
higgins717 wrote:i finished the game, loved it, my very first nancy drew game.

i have a question, i noticed that if you reach detective there is a special ending. has anyone got there and if so how many points does it take to get there.

appreciate your reply

terri

I put a spoiler in the thread titled "Alternate ending description:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/12432.page

Not sure what the points needed are, maybe 300k

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Nov 22, 08 2:41 PM
Fixed my download problem, not sure how, lol. But thanks for the help.

I've played all of the ND Adventure games and loved them. This game was different and a little to easy. I don't think i'm gonna be a big fan of ND Dossier. Thanks for the info susan.

[Post New]by hennymieke on Nov 24, 08 5:37 AM
prose_2 wrote:Fixed my download problem, not sure how, lol. But thanks for the help.

I've played all of the ND Adventure games and loved them. This game was different and a little to easy. I don't think i'm gonna be a big fan of ND Dossier. Thanks for the info susan.

How did you handle the rocks and Bombs?
I can't get it right.
May be you or someone else has a hint.
Thanks
Mieke

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 24, 08 6:00 AM
Hi Hennymieke- welcome to the forums!

I didnt care for the bombs much either.

Heres a few pointers-

don't expolde bombs where there are no rocks- this will bring more rocks.
If you blow up a box-ada will get more rocks

[Post New]by Charlene1949 on Nov 24, 08 9:53 AM
I have played Nancy Drew games with my grandaughter for years, she is a whizz. This is the first one I played all the way thru by myself, no walk thru. Enjoyed it very much. Look forward to another one. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

mcolbert59
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by mcolbert59 on Nov 24, 08 10:14 AM
Help!!

I really feel stupid asking anyone about this, but it is driving me crazy.

I am trying to get into Molly McKenna's editing room. I can't find anything to clean up the glass and I can't find an entrance to the base of Tut to retrieve the key.

What am I doing wrong? Please let me know!

Thanks

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 24, 08 4:00 PM
If you blow up a box or crate on your side then the character you are playing against will get more rocks on her side. This will slow her down. The name of the character in the game that you are playing against is Ada.

mcolbert59
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by mcolbert59 on Nov 24, 08 7:47 PM
Okay, I am stuck again! In the lobby trying to disable the security cameras. I have a bubble on the camera, the phone and the cone looking thing on the table under the poster. I can't find anything else in the room that "sparkles" to go with the things I have found.

Help!!

Thanks

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Nov 25, 08 10:13 PM
I also want to send kudos to the tech staff. I first contacted them because I had trouble with another game: when I downloaded the demo, it said my 60 minutes had expired. This has happened with a couple of other games, but I never contacted them about it. This time I did. So they issued me a coupon code. I decided to use it to purchase the Nancy Drew game, and when I downloaded what was supposed to be the full game (they don't offer a demo), it said I had 60 minutes. I figured it was a mistake, but when I had played an hour, the screen went black, and it said my demo had expired. So I wrote to them again, and they told me how to reinstall, and this time it worked, and I have the full game. Weird, though, that this happened, since there really isn't a demo version.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 26, 08 9:30 AM
Hi LottiD,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I haven't read the forums in a while.

I did redownload but haven't gotten to the snakeroom yet. Will let you know as soon as possible.

Wish US luck!

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 26, 08 10:00 AM
Hi LottiD,

You will be glad to know it works! Yippppeeeee! So go ahead and redownload. You will get a circle on the floor. That's the batteries. Once you put the batteries in the flashlight the stick gets a bubble. You click the stick and chase the snakes with the bubble on the floor. If you get one properly it blows up! At the bottom right it will tell you how many. Hppy hunting!

Lee

ange1ik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ange1ik on Nov 26, 08 11:25 PM
susan1122 wrote:Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, this is a HER Interactive game, but another series. The Dossier series. So it is very different from the Nancy Drew Adventure games (which I love). I was leery of this, but there are a few reviews up on HER's web site, that make me think it's worth a go. People who like the Adventure series also like this...and say that they are different...not meant to be the same game. And people seem to not be comparing them. Just thought I'd add this in...since I was curious, I figured maybe someone else would want to know.

Susan

I bought it thinking it was a "normal" ND game... I much prefer the other ones. they're more of a challenge. Not sure i'd buy any more Dossiers

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Nov 28, 08 11:36 PM
Well, I finally finished the game tonight. I figured out the Pharaoh poster on my own. I had to come here for help with the snakes, and to Lizzie's website for the solution to spelling LOIS in the right order in the underground cavern.

I enjoyed it, and even though it is different from the other Nancy games, I'm looking forward to the next one, at the spa, due out in '09.

Thanks, everybody, for all the help.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 29, 08 5:23 AM
moonweaver wrote:Well, I finally finished the game tonight. I figured out the Pharaoh poster on my own. I had to come here for help with the snakes, and to Lizzie's website for the solution to spelling LOIS in the right order in the underground cavern.

I enjoyed it, and even though it is different from the other Nancy games, I'm looking forward to the next one, at the spa, due out in '09.

Thanks, everybody, for all the help.

Congrats moonweaver! I agree with you! I love the ND adventures, but also really enjoyed this game! It was a lot of fun and I will play it again!

[Post New]by sarah_sg7 on Nov 29, 08 4:09 PM
Hey there
Any chance someone can help me?
I'm in the cavern under the sarcopagus (sorry about the spelling) and I have to collect the shiny objects in the right order but no matter what I try I can't suss out what the right order is.
It's driving me mad!!

Go to: