Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Earl technical issues here only

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Oct 24, 10 6:55 PM
This game is completely unplayable. I got to put my name in and press play and that's all she wrote. The title page stayed up; I could see the first page of the cut scene bleeding through it, but nothing I did would make it go any faster. Finally after sitting here for fifteen minutes feeling like a blithering idiot, I uninstalled it.

Don't you people TEST these games before you unleash them on the unsuspecting world? This is something I have been encountering far too much of from BFG lately.

Betsy46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Betsy46 on Oct 24, 10 6:56 PM
Downloaded the demo of this game. Tried to play via game manager - flashes and then says "60 mins left - Play again"? Tried several times. So, uninstalled and then downloaded again...tried again - Nada. Gave it up for now.

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Oct 24, 10 8:33 PM
During movie scenes, screen kept going black, so I couldn't tell what was going on. Then game started freezing. Quit after 11 minutes of this mess, actual play time was probably 2 minutes.

kshee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by kshee on Oct 25, 10 7:13 AM
Is there a virus attached to this game or what? I've never had a problem with any game except this one. Couldn't access wineglass so I took someone's suggestion about switching from full screen and changing the cursor but then could not get the stupid fairy to work when I needed a hint and, yes, it does seem to be very sluggish. Anyway, I'm stuck in the bedroom. Looks like it could be a fun game if they work the kinks out. I sent tech an email.

dallipoo01
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dallipoo01 on Oct 25, 10 2:55 PM
Game runs real slow. Will there be a fix for this game, if not will not buy it.

janiestep
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by janiestep on Oct 25, 10 7:39 PM
I got clear to almost the end, then I could not get the snake venom out of inventory .
Saw someone else had this same problem.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Oct 25, 10 10:29 PM
Does the soundtrack stutter for anybody else?

I won't play it because I can't see the fragments, but I'm just curious if I'm the only one.

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Oct 25, 10 11:45 PM
BigTfromAV wrote:Had to switch to small screen mode to obtain items in the right column of my inventory.

Thanks for this tip I have finished the demo and this really is an enjoyable game, love the little fairy and love that the earl has been up to no good in his secret room but I wont buy it in case it glitches out on me after paying good bucks...thanks to all posters from saving me.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Oct 26, 10 12:19 AM
Got to the underwater cave and now the game froze......I click to enter the next area and can't move. Sure......because I'm almost to the end, but now can't get the rest of the cell key to free the Earl.

bjko1
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by bjko1 on Oct 26, 10 7:53 AM
I have had the same problems that some of the other fishes have had. I have downloaded the game three times and I changed the profie. I am still in the first screen because I lost my broom and can't sweep the leaves. I also brought the game now I wish that I hadn't. It does look like it would be fun but............. Glad to know that I am not the only one that has had bugs. The screen is sharp for a minute then things go fuzzy. I have spent too much time on just the first screen so far. Guess I'll ask for a credit.

[Post New]by mooncat1950 on Oct 26, 10 8:03 AM
First time I downloaded it the game manager told me my trial was already over. Deleted and re-downloaded. Got to play a little till cursor wouldn't let me pick up something from the inventory. Having read all the other complaints about tech issues with this game decided to save myself some frustration and deleted again. It's really too bad, because this looks like it could be an interesting game. Hopefully someone will come up with a fix.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 26, 10 11:44 AM
Hey Fishies,

I can see that a number of you are experiencing slow load times and problems with the cursor in the game. Please check to see that your system is up to date as this may help with these particular issues - here is a help article to guide you through this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already gone through these steps, the next best thing to do is to get in touch with our Tech Support. This will allow us to collect more information so that we can work towards a solution.

To get in touch with a rep, please click on the green envelope, then click "Contact Us" on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, feel free to connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Thank you all!

-bfgArnoStyx

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Oct 26, 10 3:14 PM
Will there be a fix for this game? I purchased the game and played thru once with no problem. When I tried to replay, I could only get to the glass in the bedroom. Even in windowed, I cannot pick it up.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Oct 26, 10 8:26 PM
I couldn't even get the game to open. I spent eight minutes "loading" and finally gave up.

[Post New]by grandmajudy1 on Oct 28, 10 12:17 PM
This game is a mess. Very sluggish! Cannot be played which is a shame cause it looks like fun. Sorry I paid for it.

[Post New]by mwilson523 on Oct 28, 10 12:35 PM
***sigh**** I started to follow the steps in Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen, then it hit me, why am I doing this? Who appointed me Quality Control for BigFish? I'm so glad I didn't waste my money on this game, for a change, I decided to try it first. Obviously the problem is on your end, not mine, given the number of people having trouble. When you guys figure it out, let me know! This looks like it might have been a great game, but only if you get the bugs out. Not a happy camper, here!

sue2610
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sue2610 on Oct 28, 10 1:04 PM
this game is dreadful. i couldnt get past the first scene is was PAINFULLY slow and i mean SLOW.. at any one time i had 2 scenes over lapping like one was transparent over the other one, the curser was dreadful when i moved it 10 seconds later it would come to where i pointed it! i gave up after 10 mins.. c'mon BFG do something about this it must be a glitch!

[Post New]by jasperbear on Oct 28, 10 1:39 PM
I am stuck between the Chambers and the Parlour. Does everything have to be found or is there a clitch?

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Oct 29, 10 11:50 AM
WILL SOMEONE HERE PLEASEEEEE ANSWER US..... I want to buy the game and play it, but not until I know if a FIX will be coming out for the slow loading.

[Post New]by 5c0u53r on Oct 31, 10 9:19 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

I can see that a number of you are experiencing slow load times and problems with the cursor in the game. Please check to see that your system is up to date as this may help with these particular issues - here is a help article to guide you through this:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If you've already gone through these steps, the next best thing to do is to get in touch with our Tech Support. This will allow us to collect more information so that we can work towards a solution.

To get in touch with a rep, please click on the green envelope, then click "Contact Us" on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, feel free to connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Thank you all!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: