The ending

bjcs319
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:The ending

[Post New]by bjcs319 on Oct 30, 10 12:55 PM
At least I know I am not the only one who thought the ending was a little strange. But, I did enjoy the game. Just surprised at the ending.

Habnlab
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Habnlab on Oct 30, 10 2:38 PM
Just a crappy ending for SURE!!! NO answers to be had AND the hero dies and gets turned into a snake creature???! Damn Russians (devs) have such a doom and gloom outlook! Aaargh!

[Post New]by Mosey_Louise on Nov 1, 10 12:06 PM
boy, am I glad I'm not alone. I don't mind a down ending - but my lord, that was confusing! I am also assuming she killed him at the beginning - but then - why did someone drag Angel to the altar? or - was it him? And we don't get anything about what happened to either the early 1900s people or the people on the boat?

Very unsatisfying.

[Post New]by xblueeyeddivax on Nov 1, 10 1:58 PM
i too wish alot of things could of been explained more, to me a game is like a film, and the whole point of putting extra information about things in a game is to try and find out what happened. if they didnt want to expained what happened to the woman or the people who used to live there then they shouldnt have put in those stupid remarks or extra stores that go nowhere! so let down by this ending and i dont normally mind cliffhangers but this game has left me very confussed there could of been so many better endings,

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Nov 2, 10 10:25 AM

It is confusing and Incomplete !!! What did the photo of the hero and his sister have to do with anything? And what about when the hero found the book that describes the poisonous tree? Didi that factor into anything? Why the bricked-up wall? Who killed Diego Garcia and why?

Too many unanswered questions,

Feel like I should have been kissed first, if you know what I mean.

AlexisMH
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by AlexisMH on Nov 3, 10 1:34 AM
Uhhh, but I still had some parts left! The cigarette case, a hammer, and Angel's bracelet. A surprise ending is okay--an incomprehensible ending, not so good. Otherwise I thought the game was great. Not too many puzzles (not a big fan of those) and I liked how you needed to return to places you'd think you were finished with to get more tools.

The book on the floor of the mansion said the trees emitted some kind of poison gas, but if that was the case (going on memory here) why was Angel not affected as well?

I drank the water too--was it really Kool-Aid? ;-)

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Nov 3, 10 1:49 AM
Thanks for the warning about the ending. I have the game but haven't played it yet. Sounds interesting.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Nov 7, 10 2:43 PM
I didn't like the abrupt ending at all. I found the walk through tough to follow as well. It was helpful, but what a stuggle to understand.

kekis
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by kekis on Nov 8, 10 7:06 PM
Great game until the ending. The ending is too abrupt with too many unanswered questions. What happened to the towns people? Angel? Was she part of it or was it a dream sequence? The hero does not have to win, but it would be nice to see how he lost...

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 8, 10 7:37 PM
The story is confusing, especially if you don't read the diary, journal, newspaper, etc.

HOWEVER, this is still one of the best games of the year, in my opinion (be aware that I haven't tried any of the CE's that have no standard edition, so take my comment with a grain of salt )

[Post New]by phiandjen16 on Nov 9, 10 8:11 PM
I loved the game. It's my favorite type of HOG. The story built a lot of interest...with absolutely no pay-off or explanations! Very dissappointing! However, the game is good enough to play regardless of the ending, and I would still recommend it.

AZ_AlyCat
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:The ending - No spoiler just my opinion :-#

[Post New]by AZ_AlyCat on Nov 15, 10 8:47 PM
I agree that this was a great game - loved all the twists and turns, and having to remember how to wander through the fog, solving puzzles and a bit of the creepy parts... BUT.... the ending was too abrupt. Overall a great game. I will play it again!

Thanks Big Fish - I love your games!

x2kul
Shark
Shark
10,424 Posts

[Post New]by x2kul on Jan 8, 11 7:47 AM
ok, so I'm late in the game with this post. The water referred to is in the ship in the disco, poured by the kettle. Someone's (I can't remember whose) diary mentions how after drinking A LOT of water, someone grew scales. So I'm in the middle of a replay and am staying as far away from the glass as possible. I remember when initially playing, after drinking the water, something was said about water being the nectar of life and how it was so refreshing. I accidentally poured the water into the glass, but won't touch it. After playing a bit, the character mentioned getting tired. Still staying away. Will keep you posted (pun intended teehee)!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jan 9, 11 9:08 AM
Add me to the list of fishies that are disappointed by the ending of this game. I found the game, itself, to be immersive, fascinating and absorbing. The writers obviously know how to draw players into the gaming experience... so it would seem they would also have the talent to give us an ending with closure, even if they didn't want the story to have a "fairy tale happy ending".

Don't read this next part if you don't wish to see a "spoiler": I noticed that there were some posts inquiring if drinking the water made a difference in the ending. Did you fishies who DIDN'T drink the water have the same disappointing ending that the rest of us had? None of the posts I read actually gave that information.

Classicaljazz

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jan 9, 11 2:03 PM
Hmm, I guess I'm in the minority as I actually loved the ending! It was a surprise, but you actually get clues to what had happened throughout from his comments about how he's feeling. (And, it was kind of suspicious how long he could stay underwater...)

BTW, I don't think Angel was affected by whatever curse affected the townspeople and cruise passengers. She was just greedy and didn't want to share the spoils of their treasure hunting.

As for drinking water, I did drink a glass, but I don't think that affects the ending. I think dying and then being resurrected by the uhh... snake god thingie was what caused the hero to become all scaly and snake-like.

I was intrigued by the mystery of what happened to the townspeople and there were a lot of unanswered questions, but I'm fine with it (after watching Lost, heh heh).

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Jan 14, 11 10:15 PM
I liked the hidden object scenes and the puzzles, but I didn't like all the running back and forth! Went through 3 pairs of tennis shoes!...HA!
I really like the ending though...what a "TWIST" (pun intended) .
Yeah, I agree with most of ya. There was way too many unanswered questions and events not connected to the story. Plus, I wondered if I missed anything since I had a few items left in my inventory. Otherwise, I'm okay with the purchase f the game. (Glad I didn't waste extra money on the CE).

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jan 22, 11 5:14 PM
Ending caught me off guard and I was like...WHAT?! Then I replayed everything that had happened in the game to try to figure it out. I then replayed the video and got a clearer understanding but still with unanswered questions. I too would like to know why I had the bracelet, cigarette case and hammer still in my inventory. Overall, I did enjoy the game but wishes it had more closure.

WIJBER
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by WIJBER on Feb 13, 11 6:31 PM
I too found the ending disappointing and too sudden. When I work that hard on a game I like a reasonable outcome. If there is another in the series, I will not buy it. The game itself was pretty good but got a little tired of all the fog.

Moontan
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Moontan on Mar 11, 11 9:02 PM
I love having the odd twist ending. Makes for a much better story and I feel that all games are more worth while if the endings all differ.

Though I have to agree that the picture with him and the sister didn't make much sense.

As much as I liked the twist ending, I do with the ending scene had been a bit longer. All I can surmise is that she attacked him and went ashore and they got her after they got him. He saw the items that belonged to her and started to slowly remember her, but didn't remember everything until she woke up and screamed. Though goodness knows how she managed to keep that knife all the way through...

I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone who only likes happy endings. As for other players, I would definitely give this one a go.

[Post New]by ShineaYuki on Apr 4, 11 1:59 PM
Sorry, but can someone please tell, what the ending was? If somebody don't wants a spoiler, then he/she s´hould'nt read this thread. Are there two endings or what is the problem with all that?

Go to: