gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Undiscovered World: The Incan Sun - Today's DD - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 24, 10 2:19 PM
phatkhat wrote:
it's no more challenging than searching for icons on my desktop

Well, in my case, that would be pretty challenging, LOL. Dang, I need to clean it up!

I hear ya! Too true, me too lol...

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 2:19:46 PM PST

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Oct 24, 10 2:20 PM
A great way to pass an afternoon. A great HOG for beginners or experts tired of squinting through bad graphics, The storyline won't strain your brain but the good graphics made up for writing.
Be sure and locate the two statuettes first and then the medallions.In this way you will never run out of hints...if you need them. Then move on to your HOG list.
I kept the sound off so spouse could rest so I can't offer an opinion.
Others state music and effects were OK.
I did the trial, read the reviews and took advantage of the DD price
I finished it in a couple of hours,

Again, it was a nice way to pass the afternoon.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 2:21:59 PM PST

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Oct 24, 10 2:41 PM
Good DD. I have had no problems downloading or playing on Win 7/64 bit. Its not challenging but just a relaxing game to lose yourself in for awhile. Nothing to worry about; no timers, no squinting...No problems. Try it, you may like it.

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Oct 24, 10 4:20 PM
This is a nice, straight HOG with bright scenes. Most of the objects are just hiding in plain view, and are normal size. I try to find several items before clicking, as you get a better score by clicking on several items in a row.
I had a bit of a problem with the installation--the first time the game wouldn't activate and I had to delete it using control panel. When I downloaded it a second time, it wouldn't get past the loading screen and I had to shut it off thru the task manager. But after that I had no problems playing, I have Windows 7 64 bit.
Anyway, this is a nice buy at $2.99 for when you just want a straight HOG--no walkthrough necessary.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 24, 10 5:09 PM
Very straight forward game. It's a relaxing game which I do enjoy. I think it's a very good deal for $2.99.

[Post New]by cor_ky2003 on Oct 24, 10 5:15 PM
I posted a question re: screen frooze on Big Fish logo, next time I got to the help menu and nothing afteer the first set of instrutions. Read about the plane crash, but nothing happened afteer that. What do I do now? Buy or not? Thanks

[Post New]by cor_ky2003 on Oct 24, 10 5:19 PM
I posted a question re: screen frooze on Big Fish logo, next time I got to the help menu and nothing afteer the first set of instrutions. Read about the plane crash, but nothing happened afteer that. What do I do now? Buy or not? Thanks

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 24, 10 6:44 PM
I've played for 57 minutes with no problems whatsoever and enjoyed it! This seems to be a great little game. It IS simple but that is a nice change of pace. I like deep story lines and all the bells and whistles most of the time too, but sometimes it is just nice to do something that is relaxing and fun! This game is that for me. I think it is a great DD and give it a Just stopped in on my way to buy Enjoy all!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 24, 10 7:25 PM
cor_ky2003 wrote:I posted a question re: screen frooze on Big Fish logo, next time I got to the help menu and nothing afteer the first set of instrutions. Read about the plane crash, but nothing happened afteer that. What do I do now? Buy or not? Thanks

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Try rebooting your computer. Try closing the game manager and reopening it. (Not necessarily in that order.) If that sort of stuff doesn't sort this game out, then maybe you should pass on it, unless half the fun challenge of a game for you is getting it to run...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 24, 10 7:34 PM
Thanks for all the comments y'all. I played 10 minutes and bought it.

(Busy today playing The Island: Castaway thru for the second time. - If you liked Wandering Willows, The Island: Castaway has the same type of gameplay, but you ain't makin' pets out of *these* critters lol.)

[Post New]by SisterMarjorie on Oct 24, 10 8:33 PM
Relaxing, not hard on the eyes! I like it, and will buy it!

And thanks for the reviews, fellow gamers! It always helps me decide.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Oct 24, 10 10:44 PM
This is a pass for me. If I had found it back when I first discovered hogs I probably would have purchased it as it's better than some others I bought back then but now it doesn't make the cut. I've played too many great games to waste time on a mediocre one.

The music is ok, the hog scenes simple with objects easy to find, the graphics are not fuzzy and items are not too small. If you like straight hogs and want an easy game then you might like this. I was considering it until I found myself repeating search screens and that was the final straw. I lasted 24 minutes and that was it. Junkpile type hog scenes that you end up revisiting a few times (a way for them to increase the game length at minimal cost which to me feels like cheating) and items that don't fit the scene. I laughed though when I wound up back in my hotel room with all the items I'd already cleaned up in an earlier search back in place... like a twisted maid service. LOL.

The puzzles are jigsaw puzzle type which I love but these reminded me of the board puzzles I used to buy my kids when they were around 3 or 4 years old... big pieces and a shadow of the piece on the board to show you where to put it. B.O.R.I.N.G. Maybe they get harder later in the game.

So I think a lot will like this but it's a no buy for me.

nursegay
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by nursegay on Nov 12, 10 12:35 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nice colours, crisp graphics.

Otherwise just a load of junkpile hogs, one after the other, repeated ad infinitum. The hero, a pretty feeble character, crash lands on an island, or a jungle, or who cares really, but the main thing is that he seems to be totally uninjured so I needn't get my bandages and tetanus injections out just yet. It's a miracle, really.

The story, what there is of it, doesn't bear scrutiny. I'm working my way through it because I paid $2.99 (yes $2.99! That's even more in sterling. You think I'm made of money??) and like to get my money's worth.

You go from the hotel room to the cave to the boat to the airplane to the hotel room to the cave to the .... you get the picture. If you don't know what an umbrella looks like at the beginning ot the game you will by the end, trust me.

The puzzles are plonked at the end of chapters and are alarmingly simple. They bear no relation to anything.

Maybe I'm just an old cynic. I've come fresh from The Black Cat and the Redemption Cemetery thingie, so I'm a bit spoiled. But $2.99! I could have bought a goldfish for that!

Go to: