Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Solitaire

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 25, 10 2:51 PM
I like this game alot! Its similar to Fairway Solitaire and Fairie Solitaire and also Gunslinger Solitaire (its from the same developers!). Once you are into the game mechanics, its very funny and addictive. I will buy it this week! Highly recommend from me to all card game lovers

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Oct 25, 10 3:15 PM
I've been playing different solitaires for years and am always on the lookout for a good one that one can actually play. I found Faerie Solitaire when it first came out and have been playing it ever since. I honestly don't know how many times I've been through it. I haven't tried Fairway Solitaire but intend to do so.

I do like up/down solitaire. However, like others have said, I found this game cartoonish, I didn't like the very annoying pirate voice and the coin scramble was also quite frustrating. I don't care for games with dark screens and flashlights and avoid them whenever possible.

It feels to me as though the creators of this game based what they did on other popular games as I found nothing new with this one. I had hoped for a better game than this and definitely will not be buying it.

I have to wonder, did someone actually play this game before they released it? Did no one notice how annoying some of it was or how they copied other games? Was it all just to make some quick money?

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Oct 25, 10 5:22 PM
I went ahead a bought the game because I enjoy these kinds of games, and while it is enjoyable, it also isn't as good a Fairway Solitaire by a long shot. Better as a Daily Deal I think.

As for the "Thar she blows", I play with the volume way down so I didn't even hear it.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Oct 25, 10 6:26 PM
I got through two levels in 30 minutes. I'm sure it will get harder. It's interesting enough to make me want to get to the finish. We are nearing the end of the month, and I still have to use one game credit. If nothing else comes along better, I'll get this game. If not, I'll get it next month. My first game addiction was card games.

[Post New]by crissimorris on Oct 25, 10 9:52 PM
QEIII wrote:This was reasonable but the collecting coins thing was really annoying. You are in the middle of a good run when you have to stop and interrupt your flow of thought to collect the darn things. Also it would have been nice to get something other than a useless jewel for opening the treasure chest - perhaps a joker-type thing or a free shovel.

Still think Fairway Solitaire is the best one of all time. The dialogue cracked me up and I loved getting the applause LOL! The developers of this were attempting to do something similar, but I'm not sure it has come off. I'm on the fence about it. Kudos to BFG for getting something different though. Will have to give it some thought about getting it.

I agree! Fairway Solitaire is my absolute favorite (in fact I think I've played it through 15-20 times). The concept is okay on this one; however, I completely agree that the coins are distracting and pointless. You've said everything I would have . . . No buy for me

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Oct 26, 10 12:33 AM
crissimorris wrote:
QEIII wrote:This was reasonable but the collecting coins thing was really annoying. You are in the middle of a good run when you have to stop and interrupt your flow of thought to collect the darn things. Also it would have been nice to get something other than a useless jewel for opening the treasure chest - perhaps a joker-type thing or a free shovel.

Still think Fairway Solitaire is the best one of all time. The dialogue cracked me up and I loved getting the applause LOL! The developers of this were attempting to do something similar, but I'm not sure it has come off. I'm on the fence about it. Kudos to BFG for getting something different though. Will have to give it some thought about getting it.

I agree! Fairway Solitaire is my absolute favorite (in fact I think I've played it through 15-20 times). The concept is okay on this one; however, I completely agree that the coins are distracting and pointless. You've said everything I would have . . . No buy for me

Thanks crissimorris for your kind remarks (blushes). In the end I also decided not to purchase and went and played Fairway again!

MyChicken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by MyChicken on Oct 26, 10 1:08 PM
I liked this game enough to buy it. However like other people I found the coin collecting and the flashlight annoying. I also think that what was in the chest should have been more of a surprise.

Treasure Keeper

[Post New]by sodamom on Nov 4, 10 2:17 PM
Everyone but me seems to think this game is easy. I have been stuck on level 6 of Treasure Keeper, one of the mini games, for two days. Please, anyone help.

Treasure Keeper

[Post New]by therevillsgames on Nov 5, 10 3:37 PM
sodamom wrote:I have been stuck on level 6 of Treasure Keeper

Hi Sodamon,

That level is tricky, we've up uploaded the solution to youtube for you to watch:

[removed by moderator]

Hope it helps

Kylie and Steve
The Revills Games

Edited on 04/09/2011 at 8:54:59 AM PST

fairlaine
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by fairlaine on Nov 5, 10 10:32 PM
Have finished the game.Not bad but a dissapointing ending.

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Jan 12, 11 7:54 AM
joyce2121 wrote:
rumtmtiger wrote:Do people really pay $6.99 for a card game? Even for a good card game this sound excessive.

Excessive for you? Not for me.

I do wish you a wonderful day.

Or for me either. It's okay that not everyone "gets" that; I lack the Bingo gene and don't 'get' that game at all. LOL

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 30, 11 9:15 AM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! Just plain fun matey! Good to relax with between Adventure & HOGs or to play while others are downloading. Same thing I use Fishdom 2 for. Trying to wean my husband off that horrible Spider Solitaire. $6.99 a bit steep, but it is just soooo much fun, I think I'll buy it! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jul 18, 12 12:09 PM
Just Bought this on a DD worth the £2.30 for a chill out love the music !!

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Jul 18, 12 3:09 PM
Same old, same old. One card up or down, pretty much the same as other solitaire games. There are a few mini-games that are different and a little more interesting. I thought "Fairway" was better and all the Jewel Quest Solitaire games are way better. No buy for me even at a DD.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jul 18, 12 3:38 PM
I hated the darkened scenes and the coins you have to catch, so won't buy it.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jul 18, 12 4:59 PM

Ahoy, mateys! As a DD @$2.99, it's a steal, or at least good enough a fill in game to me.... anyway, I couldn't resist for some mindless noise and solitaire playing... Cheers!

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Jul 18, 12 9:52 PM
Really cute game, but not unlike a lot of the others. But I love solitaire, so it was a buy for me as most of the solitaire games are.

[Post New]by Clarence43232 on May 1, 14 6:51 PM
I would like to see a Tutorial screen for this game like I saw with Fairway Golf. I like this game better than Fairway so far. However, I have learned most of Pirate by trial and error. Still don't know what some things I see pop up on the screen mean. Please reply on this forum if there is a way to get a tutorial for this game.

Go to: