Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cooking Dash 3: Thrills and Spills

[Post New]by Csgentry on Oct 26, 10 1:07 PM
mgpaquin wrote:I wonder if the lack of comments says anything about the game? I don't care for time management games since I play games to relax, not be put under the gun. I hope it's enjoyable for all you TM lovers out there, but I'm waiting for something "quieter!"

I love this game, however, sometimes I used to like to play a straight HOG; not the interaction type. Could anyone recommend a good plain old HOG? I haven't seen one in quite a long time.

Thanks,
CG

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Oct 26, 10 3:10 PM

Not enough commands?

That is because, compared to the DINNER Dash series, these Cooking Dash games are rubbish.

............. went in the rubbish bin after 5 minutes of game play.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 26, 10 3:50 PM
This is the non-collector's edition. The graphics are well done. The gameplay is challenging and fun. The storyline is original and yet typically Flo. Her genius for saving restuarants is second only to the fun playing her games. There are upgrades for purchase and they come in two types, decor and more efficent service. The upgrades are unquie for each resturant and decor had two selections. This is a wonderful addition to the series.

This game is an A+.

mimito3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mimito3 on Oct 26, 10 4:33 PM
I am a big fan of time management games, but like the other dash games you get to a level and it seems impossible to go any further. Any hints on getting throught level 20?

shinysign
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by shinysign on Oct 26, 10 5:36 PM
I played the demo and so far I am blown away. Awesome graphics, nice big screen (I almost never play fullscreen) fun themes (FRIED FISH!). The Dash series has the time management game down. I may buy it or wait for the normal edition.

xpetch
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by xpetch on Oct 26, 10 5:46 PM
This is my first post in the Forum. I like both HOG and TM, but this game is way too hard. I am only on level 8 and I can not get past it. You should be able to set your difficulty or at least be able to get past the first restaurant before it gets so hard! I really want to buy it, but not if I can't play past level 8!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 26, 10 5:56 PM
The reviews from the fans of the series are mostly in the Collector's Edition forum: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1942.page

Edited on 10/26/2010 at 5:58:45 PM PST

sdurrie
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by sdurrie on Oct 26, 10 6:43 PM
For those who DO like time management games, and particularly the cooking dash series, CD3 is a nice improvement from the previous in the series.

Spoilers below?

I appreciated that the number of people in each party group is lower and you can sit two "groups" at one table if you want to. Also, there is an extra step when cooking up an item to fry or grill, which makes it a bit more interesting and also additional challenge. The "drive thru" element is funny to me, but it's nice that they don't order huge meals, usually quick ones.

sdurrie
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by sdurrie on Oct 26, 10 6:48 PM
Fransje66 wrote:
Not enough commands?

That is because, compared to the DINNER Dash series, these Cooking Dash games are rubbish.

............. went in the rubbish bin after 5 minutes of game play.

Diner Dash 1 had me at hello! But now, I prefer the "cooking" of the food as opposed to bringing the dish out to customers because it's less repetitive/predictable. The more items on the To Do List in a TM game, the better.

This game is awful

[Post New]by CandieFuller on Oct 27, 10 11:23 AM
I hate Cooking Dash 3, and I won't recommend it to friends or family who play the other two. I've already warned them away from it, actually. I'm a person who can see the good in a lot of crap, but this is just all crap with nothing positive that I like outside of graphics and the throw-dishes power up.

If I could warn anyone, I'd say don't waste your money on this one.

- I don't like the mini games. I'd prefer to have time to do prep in-game.

- I hate the seating arrangement. The greatest part about Cooking Dash was the counter seating.

- The arrangement of drinks and foods, and the floor space, is horrendously spaced out and clumsy.

- I hate the Dash Thru. I hate it hate it hate it. The game is hectic enough without that crap. I hope this is something they leave behind in future CD games.

There's nothing wrong with change, but this game doesn't feel like a Cooking Dash game to me as the first two did. I really hope that if they do a Cooking Dash 4, they'll go back the seating arrangement of the first two games, that's my primary wish. Get rid of sitting the customers face to face, and go back to having them at the counter in a single row. PLEASE do that. Get rid of the Dash Thru, and put the drinks and things up front again.

I also miss serving ice cream and smoothies.

Edited on 10/27/2010 at 11:25:32 AM PST

[Post New]by brn2crop on Oct 28, 10 2:53 PM
having problems in the tree house making the rice white? I pick up the rice to give it to customer and they won't take it! any clues???

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Oct 29, 10 4:51 AM
i just bought this game..
btw..ty ty ty ty ty bigfish for the GREAT PUMPKIN SALE

I was going to wait for next month to purchase but yah all got me
anyway,
if you don't like tm games don't complain it's annoying ..just play something else
as for myself ..i like both
altho i was getting overwhelmed with IHOG's
think this is a great addition to the series IMHO...so far don't seem too hard
heyy
finally no longer the squid

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 4:52:27 AM PST

rebsie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by rebsie on Oct 29, 10 12:11 PM
I played my hour trial and it was challenging enough. Decided to buy it with the sale and, uh, it's impossible. I'm mumbling under my breath and yelling at Flo, it's not really fun when the customers get mad so quickly and the food takes too dang long to prepare. Soup? really? I think it is a frustrating game and regret purchasing it.

sandymac
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by sandymac on Oct 29, 10 12:42 PM
brn2crop wrote:having problems in the tree house making the rice white? I pick up the rice to give it to customer and they won't take it! any clues???

You need to cook it first.

[Post New]by Minnie2010 on Oct 31, 10 1:13 PM
I normally love the BF cooking dash series, and I did this one as well until Level 20. I've tried everything and been on the level for weeks without ability to reach the goal and move on. I think games should be difficult but 'do-able' within a reasonable amount of effort. I've checked the forum and there are no tips on getting through level 20. I don't like games that are this difficult to get through.

lucyfres
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by lucyfres on Oct 31, 10 5:29 PM
I love this game! It's a major challenge to get through the levels, so there's no boredom. Grabbing items to get extra soups, etc, is childish, but, then it's childish to play these games anyway, so what can I say. I'm a big kid. Anyway, I'm addicted to all the dash games. Have fun!

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Oct 31, 10 9:27 PM
This is a fun but challenging game! Still working my way through the first restaurant and so far getting by with flying colors! Love the fun mini games! I adored Cooking Dash 1...

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on Nov 1, 10 2:17 AM
Game is challenging and quite fun.
I don't mind the hidden object part to muchh....
but
I hate those mini-games with a PASSION!!!!!!
Ruins the game!!! I bought a time management... Okay if you want to play that type of game, but you HAVE to play them to get the extra food...

crea8ive
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by crea8ive on Nov 4, 10 7:35 AM
Have recently bought this game and am enjoying it. Like the graphics, the new restaurants to try out and cooking the various dishes. Some levels are taking a lot of re-tries to pass but guess I will figure it out eventually. Like a challenge.

[Post New]by hisstah on Nov 6, 10 4:12 PM
I'm finding this game stressful and difficult to play. It's not as much fun as the others and I'm regretting purchasing it. :-(

Go to: