MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Is there ganna be a westward 5?

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 16, 10 12:06 PM
I do enjoy my Age of Empire:The Age of Kings.

Feudal age game. Castles and knights.

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Dec 16, 10 1:31 PM
Cyndi, I bought my Westwards through BFG and can get and play all the new maps from the developer just fine.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Is there gonna be a westward 5?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 16, 10 2:34 PM
The developer has released Westward Kingdoms at $9.99 as of yesterday, Dec. 15, 2010. Sooner or--more likely--later, will have it.

Given the history on WW IV of the bug fixes being delayed here, I think the 3 bucks extra is well worth it.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Dec 16, 10 2:57 PM
CACuriousSoul wrote:Cyndi, I bought my Westwards through BFG and can get and play all the new maps from the developer just fine.

Hi there, I didn't say the "Sandbox" games didn't play just fine or the WW games for that matter. I said I get them free, but then I got to thinking about it a little while ago and cannot remember if you buy the WW games from here {or anywhere else} if they were free or if they cost like $1.99. It's been awhile and I suffer from CRS LOL

And yep, gotta agree with George TSLC...I think the 3 bucks is well worth it!

Have a good one~ << my version for mistletoe! LOL

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Dec 17, 10 4:40 PM
As Westward Kingdoms was an exclusive release, it may be quite a while before BF gets it. The date that I previously stated was mentioned on the developers forums as a possilbe release for the game to their site, which was based on the length of between the beta testing and release of previous versions (i.g Westward 2-4), based on a testers knowledge he estimated that the release would not be until next year, but the developer chose to release it in time for Christmas.
Any issues you have with the graphics can be address by either updating your graphics driver, your directx or increasing the screen resolution - someone noted this on the fourms and a moderator stated that all their games have a default of a low screen resolution so that people with older computers still get the same enjoyment from the game. I only needed to increase to the second setting to much improve the graphics, and the game does check for the best settings - so there could be a problem with your computers graphics settings. I would advice, that if you have any demo time left, try a different screen resolution and see if there is an improvment.
Enjoy the game - I am!

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Dec 18, 10 7:29 PM
I couldn't wait so I bought it on the developer's site and I am so disappointed because there is NO help from them. There is no walk-through, nothing, just players helping players on the forums, which is fine but sometimes you need the "official" details or instructions and/or input from the people who designed and programmed it!

BFG definitely has extra added value with their walk-through and assistance on the forums from the person that made the walk-through and I learned my lesson... just say no, ha.

MRSKING05
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by MRSKING05 on Mar 2, 11 8:40 PM
anybody know if this game is going to be coming out? Westward 5??

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Mar 3, 11 9:31 PM
MRSKING05 wrote:anybody know if this game is going to be coming out? Westward 5??

Not only is it already out, but it has been out since before Christmas (at the developers website). It is called Westward Kingdoms - it has left the wild west and headed for medevil Europe, but it plays the same as most other Westward games.

I hope you enjoy it.

MRSKING05
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by MRSKING05 on Mar 6, 11 7:21 PM
oh for real!!! i had seen that but i just wasn't sure!! thanks!!!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 6, 11 9:40 PM
CACuriousSoul wrote:I couldn't wait so I bought it on the developer's site and I am so disappointed because there is NO help from them.
I have never found this to be the case. They do have a much smaller staff than BFG, so the delays may be a little longer. And same like BFG, Support refuses to deal w/ what they consider game play questions--other than to call them such and refer you to their excellent forums.

Moreover, consider this: The percentage of emails lost into the ether is small, but it is not zero. So if your query isn't answered, it only makes sense to try again.

KittyMomma
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KittyMomma on Feb 25, 14 8:10 AM
theafaye wrote:I am sure there will be. It is a great and fun series to play.

Westward V is called Westward Kingdoms.

DerekJeterFan1
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by DerekJeterFan1 on Jun 18, 14 9:22 AM
I didn't even know there was a Westward V because of the name change. I just got the game today.

Go to: