Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Great Secrets: Nostradamus

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 29, 10 4:27 AM
. Doesn't Big Fish even TRY these games before putting them out here? 'Cause if they do--seriously, what were they thinking??? And if they don't--same question.

If they're not the developer - no. Why should they? You should ask the devs what happened to their beta.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 29, 10 4:36 AM
I'm with Heatherington. Think I'll check myself into the Sanitarium this weekend and read my Letters from Nowhere!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 29, 10 5:12 AM
TheRealDragon wrote:Seriously?!?!?

I know those graphics take a long time to put together, even if they do them really lo-rez and blur them up, like they apparently did here. (Anyone else trying to find the "focus" control?)

So, after all those weeks of work, couldn't they budget in JUST ONE DAY to have a copywriter proofread and well, just plain re-write the text?!?

The grammer was cult-film bad. As in black and white, stop-motion plastic monster movie with cardboard sets bad. No, it was worse. Sentences repeated for no reason. Mini-game instructions that were just plain wrong. And a story line that went nowhere slow, and was frankly unintelligable half the time.

I consider a HOG good if the objects are a challenge to find, but, and here is the important part: when you give up, push hint, and look straight at the object--It really does look like what it is.

If I slap myself in the forehead when I finally see it--that's a good hide, and a fair one. This game, when you looked straight at several of the objects, you still couldn't make out what that blurry blob was supposed to be. If this game was beta-tested, those objects should have been removed from the "find" lists. Then the blurry graphics would be less of an issue. Still annoying, though . . .

This never should have made it to market. Anyone who bought it should get their money back, no questions asked. Doesn't Big Fish even TRY these games before putting them out here? 'Cause if they do--seriously, what were they thinking??? And if they don't--same question.

Gotta' say, though, the customer service has been steller, absolutely great. Borrow one of those people for QC and you'll have it made.

Hey TheRealDragon: Why don't you just say it like it really is! LOL. I love your enthusiasm. I'm just teasing. Got a kick out of your review.
Yes, you are right. I also feel that, "Hey, why are these games not tested by BFG".

Sorry Mr. Russ, but I honestly think that when it comes down to whoever is going to actually put these games out there, they should be the ones testing them to ensure they are in working order.

I started playing the game and my screen started to go black and white and in and out, the sound was still on, but what a mess. I had a difficult time going to End Tasks, almost had to reboot.
Deleted it right away.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Oct 29, 10 5:36 AM
Another one whereby the screenshots are enough for me to know I won't like it. Blurry graphics and a theme which I'm not interested in. DIdn't bother w/ download, came to forum, and the bad reviews confirm my first impression (bad graphics).

Screenshots can sometimes tell a lot!

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Oct 29, 10 5:48 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
. Doesn't Big Fish even TRY these games before putting them out here? 'Cause if they do--seriously, what were they thinking??? And if they don't--same question.

If they're not the developer - no. Why should they? You should ask the devs what happened to their beta.

Mr. Russ, I would say because of BigFish ''Reputation'' this is enough for them to at least Test a game from their developpers. A good company doesn't sale junk. No hard feelings.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Oct 29, 10 6:02 AM
Ponderous is the word that occurred to me as I played. Too much pointless dialogue, i.e., the conversations added nothing to the story and did not move the plot forward. All the game play is very familiar -- no imagination was put into its creation. And it drags on and on: the "connect the wires: mini-game went on forever. I will always purchase yet another HOG if the game play is interesting and the plot carries me along. Here, neither happens. I'll pass.

Have fun trick-or-treating, everyone!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 29, 10 6:15 AM
i lasted 7 minutes, objects too obscure, music boring. just a dated run of the mill game.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Oct 29, 10 6:50 AM
Have to agree with it being boring, I didn't even finish the demo.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 29, 10 7:12 AM
THANKS GOOFYDUCK...as always a GREAT review!!

i WILL NOT be buying this game UGH

I was hoping for a game today to finish my punch card..I NEED 1 more game

M/B SAT.

Penny

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 29, 10 7:23 AM
This is a straightforward-hog with a few puzzles. Graphic is not good, items are often fuzzy. I need to use the hint a few times in a very scene, thats pretty annoying. Minigames are also not my cup of tea. I can`t recommend this game, even if you really love "Straightforward-hogs", I recommend the new game "Letters from Nowhere" instead.

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Oct 29, 10 7:33 AM
Not even able to play the game. After I got to the click here for a hint, screen went black and cursor started flashing and floating everywhere on the screen !!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 29, 10 7:34 AM
I didn't think it was quite as bad as everyone says it is but it's not good enough for me to buy. I did finish the hour and agree the items were hard to find. I especially had a problem finding things by their shapes. The saving grace for me was all the mini games. I enjoy restoring the maps and paintings but I suppose even that would get boring after awhile. I also agree there was way too much dialogue. After awhile I just started skipping it. Oh well they can't all be great.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 29, 10 7:55 AM
When will developers get it right.? They are in such a rush to get the game out that the quality assurance dept. doesn't have a chance to check for all the "insufficiencies" before the game goes out to the public.??? So sad. So many games that coulda, woulda, shoulda been good but failed miserably.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Oct 29, 10 7:55 AM
Don't think it was as bad as many seemed to think, graphics were quite nice, except you have to go blind to find the objects!! Again, I don't buy if I can't see the objects. I did like the minigames, restoring the paintings and the puzzles was interesting.

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 7:56:29 AM PST

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 29, 10 8:05 AM
I agree, didn't liek this one at all. I foudn the problem with the objects as well. Some were too obscure (magnifying glass first scene and scissors I think!) and I don't like it when they are "hidden" behind other objects.

It annoyed me that the dialogue I did see had major errors and there was a couple of typos. Also I found it hard to keep track of who was speaking in each dialogue (well the parts I did see at least)

On the positive side, I got to chapter 7 / 30 in the hour on the hard mode so it at least will take a while to complete (even longer if you read the dialogue!!)

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Oct 29, 10 9:07 AM
Great premise for a game, but poorly executed. I actually had no problems with the hidden objects or the puzzles, playing on hard mode & had plenty of time & thought hints refreshed quickly. As Dragon said, the problem was with the proofreading of the dialog-sentences repeated--at one point in the book it talks about a woman but the picture is of a man- on the dagger game it tells you to find the daggers, not the PAIRS of daggers. It basically just needed someone whose first language is English to proofread. It's a shame because, like I said, the premise is good & enjoy the historical context.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Oct 29, 10 9:10 AM
Tried this game for about 10 minutes. Went to exit and save, and when I reloaded my progress was gone. Game wanted me to find the 15 scrolls all over again. Music was good, but graphics very grainy. Not a buy for me, even on sale......

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 29, 10 9:58 AM
I also lasted only 10 minutes and quit with a headache. Graphics too blurry and games too easy. I like a bit of a challenge when it comes to finding items, but when you have to strain to see something, it's not for me. No sale today.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Oct 29, 10 10:24 AM
End of month a nothing worthwhile! My eyes hurt trying to play. Even with hint you can't see what you are clicking on.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 29, 10 10:46 AM
Deleted after 10 min of game play. Might be a good game for beginners but not for me. Not worth the money even if you can get it cheap. When will we get some of those good games that are floating around in BETA..

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 10:46:56 AM PST

Go to: