burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Bloodline of the Fallen: Anna's Sacrifice

[Post New]by burningswan on Nov 1, 10 4:42 AM
If occult subject matter is not for you, pass this game by. It is over the top.

HOG fans will either love this game or hate it.

This is a different IHOG, in that you will be looking for words and symbols as well as objects. There are hints that take, yes they show you the time, 1 min 30 seconds to recharge. Scenes are dark and objects are small. A magnifier is provided. skippable dialogue. Transition games are easy enough, not sure if they are skappable. Tutorial is skippable.

Items to find are presented in list for or one at a time as they go through the story. It is different enough to hold my attention. although dark, it is still beautifully presented. The game plays without a glitch.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 1, 10 4:42 AM
yasure wrote:I have to say that was as stupid as it gets. A waste of time and money.
Bad, just plain bad

You are absolutely correct my fellow postee! (IMO) Now I would like to expand upon this epiphany. CasualGran, you are correct again (just gotta' be right all the time don't 'cha! ) about the color red statement. Yes you can adjust your monitor and make everything go from red to sepia, brown,maroon or probably blue if you're good but........it's still mono-chromatic.( Is that a word ,where'd that come from .
Changing the color won't help because it's still going to be all one color which is an amateurish way to conceal an object. The story is lame and rambles around too much for me.Calling an item a "Chalice of Vampire" when it's obvious that there is only one little crudely drawn item that could possibly pass for a chalice doesn't exactly set my brain into a overload/ meltdown status. Crudely drawn.......I don't want to spoil anything but ...a giraffes head that is an extension of an elephants trunk or a leopard pattern shawl that is two minuscule, microscopic dots in a patch of weeds is not conducive of a quality game to me. Oh yeah, the puzzles are really lame also.
That's 3 strikes......It's outa' here..........me too!
Dr.good

Edited on 11/01/2010 at 4:47:22 AM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Nov 1, 10 4:59 AM
I gave up when I got to the puzzle with the mortar and pestle and a recipe. I had 2 items, a yellow flower and a blue dish. The diary recipe called for all the ingredients I had picked up in the previous HOG but they weren't in my Inventory. What's with that? A walktrhough would have been helpful and without one I centainly won't be buying although there were aspects to this game I found challenging.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Nov 1, 10 5:53 AM
I beta tested this game and told BFG how bad it was then, sure would be nice if they would read what we write. This game is dark, the objects are small, and the storyline is awful. Tried hard to find something positive about this game and just couldn't.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Nov 1, 10 5:56 AM
Not for me. I just did the demo and found the graphics very poor. The storyline seemed to jump in random directions and the puzzles were poor. Given the list of books to find in the library, why did the action suddenly start on getting the second with the others left unfound?

I also found the game kick out for a few seconds for no particular reason.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Nov 1, 10 6:03 AM

Not for me either!

Being native american myself, would have liked something different than the old,tired native american theme.

Edited on 11/01/2010 at 6:06:48 AM PST

jedav
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jedav on Nov 1, 10 6:33 AM
Well did the demo.Couldn't find the car keys, hints kept giving me the car. So down shot II deleted the rest of the demo. Not a well planned out game as far as color, graphics or visibility of scenes. Wouldn't buy this one on special

Edited on 11/01/2010 at 6:34:04 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 1, 10 6:54 AM
Mono - one, chroma - color. Monochromatic one color. BUT the hues of the same color can be altered. So, the subtle differences in hue with a blue object on blue background, are visible to show the outlines if you give your eyes time to adjust. Or if setting on a monitor are in balance. Sometimes the objects may be faintly outlined, like objects we find in fabrics, walpaper patterns in a room. Squint a bit and they may pop out at you. As far as overall color, if you are good at mixing paint, or looking at a swatch and breaking down the components of what made up that color, especially a brown because brown contains all the colors, well it is all perception. Some say hidden objects games can improve one's visual perception, but I guess not if in a hurry. .

Sorry, just touched an area of interest to me, and how these artists use color and can trick the eye, even how one color is used beside another opposite color.giving us a bit more challenge. Haven't read any comments yet about too easy or did I miss one LOL. Hey, I need cataract surgery in one blurry eye but I just needed one hint each of 2 scenes because of tiny. . That's what hints are for and I don't call it cheating, I call it handicapping.

For my hour I can't say love it or hate it yet, for me just extremely interesting. The premise of wanting to know the circumstances around a father's or loved one's death logical, credibile, I can relate to that. And since I love research, especially different cultures' belief systems and symbols, I can really get into this game. To me, just indigenous people's incredible wisdom of footprints as their lives and sustenance depend on identifications is interesting, and the attributes of each flora or fauna for medicine (synonymus with magic in their language) is facinating. Following the tracks, altho my eye sees them in the clue doesn't say a lot for my eye to hand coordination. But the game is forgiving, try til you get it. I did.

Will be a buy for me curious to know where it is going. I would have quit on first scene, that ritual, 2 hints there but didn't like that face screaming, popping out at me, quite gratuitous, but so far after that it is quite normal, not a Halloween game at all. Just hope she doesn't have to move a pillar with a crowbar or find too many boomerangs. Unless we go to Australia, yeh I can live with that. I liked finding words in the archaic writings, that should slow one down. Got past every task so far and don't intend to quit.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Nov 1, 10 6:56 AM
Like many have said, this game is different. I don't care for it at all. I don't think the graphics are very good. The story does not appeal to me. Sometimes felt like I was taking a class instead of playing a game.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 1, 10 6:58 AM
Coronagold wrote:I demoed this at another site like 3 days ago yet it still started me at the beginning. Not my cup of tea. And Halloween's over. Can we have a game centered around turkey & mashed potatoes & stuffing & cranberry sauce?.......without having to prepare it in the game?

LOL, love it!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 1, 10 7:00 AM
heatherington wrote:Could we please get something besides vampires? Halloween is over. For those of us with faint hearts these blood sucking games are a little offensive. I don't mind them too much but I would rather have a nice clean murder. I don't want to know anything about the occult.

Heatherington, your comments made my day! Gosh, we're a bloodthirsty bunch, but I know exactly what you mean.

For me, this is a "love it" game, because it is so different. So often we complain about "same old, same old" so it's nice to run across a game that really thinks outside the HOG box. I know the occult theme itself is overdone, but part of that is the timing because we just went through the whole Halloween season of blood and gore. The gameplay itself is what makes this a keeper for me, but I can certainly see why it wouldn't be to everyone's taste.

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Nov 1, 10 7:16 AM
'Reflexive' games. AHA,yes, they gave us Big Kahuna Reef 1 and 2 + B.K. words. Fun games in my opinion.

Hmm, the graphics in BotF: A.S. are not so good - which makes some objects a bit hard to find... I just use a hint, big deal! Yep, Casual Gamer, that's me!

I like it so far; not too easy, puzzles are unusual, the story- well, not so original, but bearable. The music I always turn down to a confortable level anyway, so - the sounds, well, turn them down as well, all the pinging and honking noises of other games have driven me crazy too many times.
Maybe I will buy this game after finishing the last fifteen min. of the demo -

Update may follow...

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 1, 10 7:29 AM
Just finished the demo and played until my time ran out. I predict people will either love it or hate it when it comes to this game. I thought the clues and the items were very obscure. I couldn't get though a scene without using at least one hint. I'd prefer to figure it out than to have them tell me. One of the things I had to find was a broken dream. HUH!!! When I used a hint it showed something like a bit of smoke in the sky. In my humble opinion this game is more like work than fun. BLECH

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 1, 10 7:38 AM
I think my eyes are bleeding. Are you flippin kidding me with this game. Why would they make such a beautiful looking game and then totally wreck it by making the items soooo small that it's impossible to find them. I even used my magnifying glass and that didn't help. I would never buy a game like this.So..... I'm still waiting after a month for a decent game to come out.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 1, 10 7:38 AM
Demoed this a few weeks ago, can't remember how long. Interesting reviews from many of you.
A lot of fishies have got it right. ~Either love or hate. I am the latter. Too much like hard work, I love to take my time and figure things out without the hints. Had to use hints far too often. Happy gaming to all who like this.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 10:11:59 PM PST

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Nov 1, 10 7:49 AM
heatherington wrote:Could we please get something besides vampires? Halloween is over. For those of us with faint hearts these blood sucking games are a little offensive. I don't mind them too much but I would rather have a nice clean murder. I don't want to know anything about the occult.

Couldn't have said it better myself heather and besides the fact that Halloween is over it's high time for some great games that aren't always so dark, heavy on occultism and full of horror. JMHO Looks like the developers find something that entertains us then they overload us for months with the same old same old. Maybe that's why the mood has changed in the forums - too many dark games during a world depression keeps everything and everyone down. Time for some and games to take our minds off of the real world.

Happy gaming fellow fishies.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 1, 10 7:59 AM
I got 2 hours out of this game & before anyone freaks-I played an hour of it yesterday on another site and wondered, ironically, when it would come out on BF. When I opened my email this morning, lo & behold, it's TGT. I have to say I really don't care for it. It has potential, but what it boiled down to for me were the really, really small objects and the bizzare story line. In the two hours I played I can't telly you how many times I used my hint and frequently, when whatever object was highlighted I thought either, " That was a...?!" or "How could anybody see that!!!!" A lot of the scenes were dark, not macbre dark, but visually dark. In my opinion it's a poor way to hide objects. The scenes themselves were nice-I wouldn't call them beautiful or anything, I've seen better, but they were nicely done. Instructions were often poor. When I finished the demo yesterday I was at a scene where I had to find missing people. I didn't realize at, first that I had to exit out of bulletin board to find the people. The way the developers did the journal was also odd. In other games you use the jounal to keep clues and track progress. This was not the case here. Another fishie mentioned the game not saving when they played on anothe site. I had to exit the demo & it did ask if I wanted to save it. Oddly enough though, when I started the demo from BF it picked up exactly where the othe demo stopped.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Nov 1, 10 8:04 AM
Well, well, well..... Just finished demo.. I don't know where to start..... The game was pretty messed up IMHO. Maybe I missed instructions or something, but I had no idea what to do ...Ever!!! By clicking like a mad fool.. finally got somewhere. But OH BOY!!!! it was a slow slog.... just looking for different things seemed to take forever. The library was fun....not!...bye the time I figured it out it was time to go!..
The story intrigued me, so I plodding through. I'm sorry to say it was not my cup of tea....
The graphics where ok, until you tried to find anything. Eye's hurt after, heading was banging...
I think I didn't like it!!!

Annie

RNJD4949
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RNJD4949 on Nov 1, 10 8:29 AM
I will admit this is not your usual, "The door is locked,maybe a key will help" type of IHOG, but I feel the negative comments are a little harsh. As far as the hints are concerned, yes they take time to recharge, but in any case I needed a hint, there were always three. Yes, some of the objects you need to find are not your run of the mill, but even with my eyesight and no glasses, I could find them. I was struck at one point during the game thinking, whoever did the music really put a lot of thought and effort into it. It really helped to set the mood for the scenes.

I have to disagree that the graphics are not professional, the graphics are setting a mood. When they need to be a little hazy they are, when they need to be crisp they are.

As far as having to save your progress, if you forget, a box pops up and asks if you really want to exit without saving your progress. HINT. My only complaint is that after you successfully save your progress, that darn box still kept popping up. I just had to trust that the game was saved. It was.

I still am not quite sure what the story line is, but I have to admit that I am intrigued.
I definitely give this game an "A" for effort. The developers are trying something different and I have to appreciate that. In other words, there is a credit with this game's name on it.

popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by popookaka on Nov 1, 10 8:30 AM
hate it. scenes are WAY to dark and the objects are just blobs that look nothing like what they are suppose ti be. to bad because these seemed like a very different game that I would have liked but since I can't see anything its a no buy for me.

Edited on 11/01/2010 at 8:32:47 AM PST

Go to: