dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 3 Days - Amulet Secret

[Post New]by dk5793 on Nov 3, 10 4:10 AM
Oh, Goofyduck -- don't ever think that your reviews are unappreciated, for they are! Just because one or two people get a knot in their knickers doesn't mean they speak for the majority. If I could, I'd buy you lunch at the best restaurant in town, but I guess we'll have to settle for .

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 3, 10 4:26 AM
To start with I was very prejudiced against this game. Hated the look of the girl, graphics of the cut scenes and what I read about sacrifying animals quite horrified me. But I went through the ritual, apart from finding the animals you don't interact a bit, so that was perfectly bearable. Graphics are very good (not for the parts I mentioned above), music a bit annoying so I turned it off as in most of my games, so far (over 2 chapters) I only found one little game, unless finding the magic words was one (a bit tricky for a non English/American person, but doable) and you can always skip for a **** scene. Anyway, I found myseld at the end of the demo without knowing it. Might use a credit, just wonder how long the game is, anyone got an idea ?

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Nov 3, 10 4:30 AM
did not see an answer to is this more of a hidden object or adventure

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 3, 10 5:16 AM
I am on the fence with this game. The graphic is pretty good, but the storyline is almost non-excisting, I dislike if you skip a minigame that you need to search everytime the same hogscene for clues, the game is too dark to me, I dislike the lightning (like Cherbtoo also said), but I like that you don`t search via words, you seach via pictures. I put it for now on my maybelist (games for later purchase)

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Nov 3, 10 5:38 AM
Thanks for all the posts...once again, the forum has stopped me from downloading a game that either had tech issues or unsuitable content. When I saw that they sacrificed dogs and cats, it is not even going to be a trial!!! Thanks alot for the info. BF.....entertainment does NOT have to have sacrifices. Please pay attention to content in the future.

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Nov 3, 10 5:43 AM
Journey_1 wrote:I LOVED Zoo Mystery!!! Thanks goofy...off to buy. I also was a bit surprised about the sacrafice thing, but I'm not easily offended. I do understand why some would be.

goofyduck; You don't have to justify yourself to anyone here. I happen to read your reviews, but never comment. Some days I skip them but as a whole I appreciate the time you take to do it. Ignore the naysayers. They are clearly bored to tears.

Journey
GOOFYDUCK...THEY'RE GREAT REVIEWS!

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Nov 3, 10 5:54 AM
Goofyduck, I have never told you this...but I love your reviews ! Keep doing what you are doing. I am off to download the demo. Thanks to everyone else's reviews as well.

[Post New]by justwannaplay52f on Nov 3, 10 5:55 AM
goofyduck, I don't post much but must say I thoroughly enjoy your reviews! I still will demo myself to make up my mind, make sure my system can handle, etc. but wanted to take the time to say thank you so much!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 3, 10 6:01 AM
Someone asked about length. According to what I read elsewhere there are suppose to be 29 chapters so gage it by how far you get in the demo.

Goofyduck I just wanted to point out that this thread is called "Comments and REVIEWS". You're doing just fine!
Can't understand why people have the need to complain about something so silly.

Just replayed 3 Days: Zoo Mystery knowing this one was coming up so I could get familiar with the feel again.
Off to download.
Have fun Fishies

[Post New]by heatherington on Nov 3, 10 6:25 AM
Goofy Duck, please continue your wonderful reviews. We won't know anything about the game otherwise. You have found a thing that pleases you and the people that complain are just jealous that they can't do it. That is the basis for most complaints, that is why you should ignore them and continue. You are so correct, they don't have to read them. And the last time I looked, I believe our constitution said something about free speech. However, it may just be my personal opinion.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Nov 3, 10 6:28 AM
Hallo, just played the demo and have put this up as a maybe. It is not much more to say about it, some scenes hurt my eyes a bit- lights-falling snow..
My real reason to come in here is to thank all of you who take time to write Rewiews for the rest of us.
So, short or long Thank you, I appreciate them.

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Nov 3, 10 6:52 AM
WONDERFUL JOB GOOFYDUCK!!!! It's another no buy for me....what's up with BF and their IHOG & HOG lately? There hasn't been any good games to purchase in awhile except for CE's which alot of people are limited on buying (I know I'am). I love BF but wow it's really been limited lately on good games...I hope the holidays bring out some really fantastic games Have a great day fisheeeees!!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 3, 10 7:29 AM
GrammaKj wrote:Definite "NO BUY" for me. When it came to sacrificing animals (dogs and cats) I quit the game and uninstalled. I don't even like the concept. Very offensive to me.

I agree. I love animals and I know this is just a game but felt sacrificing animals did not need to be included in it. (enough animal abuse out there). Was thinking of buying but that nixed it for me also.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Nov 3, 10 7:51 AM
I'm getting this game! Goofyduck and Doctorgood are two of my most favorite reviewers. Keep up the good work since I believe that's what this forum is for, comments along with your reviews!! When I have time, I read them ALL; if not, I stick to the short but sweet ones. They all have a place here and I take no offense at them, only the people who diss them in this particular forum. That's a waste of time and space. That being said, I think I'm going to use one of my credits on this one due to all of the reviews and comments that I've weighed in my own mind in a pro or con way. I am a super/uber animal lover and find the idea of animal sacrifice abhorrent, however, if it's not being overtly depicted or shown in any way, I'll mentally skip by it in order to enjoy the rest of the game. (Note to dev....please don't make a habit of this offensive idea! We don't HAVE to buy your product you know.) To those who opted to get this one.......enjoy!

[Post New]by mr_mrs_abel_01 on Nov 3, 10 8:09 AM
puzzledone wrote:
margatonian wrote:Wonderful Review Goofyduck !!!!
I always read your reviews they are so detailed and informative, don't take any notice of the negative comments that have been posted in the last few days ,we really appreciate your time and efforts !!!!
Margatonian

I was a little shocked at the sacrificing of animals gave me a uneasy feeling, and on top of that It froze up on me. Not your quality of game I was disappointed

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 3, 10 8:10 AM
Goofyduck, don't take it personally. You are not the only one with run on posts. But seriously--10 paragraphs? Really?

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 3, 10 8:15 AM
LMAO I don't get why some people are offended by animal sacrifices in a game. I own a dog and a cat and I love them like they are my kids but when it comes to a GAME of ANIMAL SACRIFICE, I don't get all freaked out because it's NOT REAL, it's a GAME people, a game. I'm not sure if I'll buy or not but if I don't, it will have nothing to do with animal sacrifice, LOL.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Nov 3, 10 8:18 AM
Seems like many comments are becoming reviews of the reviewers. If you really like the way a review is written maybe a PM would be a good way to compliment that reviewer.
I personally did not care for this game. The graphics are really good and some of the puzzles are good. I got tired of picking up rock after rock after rock. I think I may get this one when there is a Big Fish sale.

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Nov 3, 10 8:19 AM
I admire Goofyduck. I can't even fathom putting together that many things to say about anything let alone review a game! Good work and just keep doing what you are doing...

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 3, 10 8:30 AM
I like the game. The graphics are crisp and bright. There are a variety of minigames all of which can be skipped. The hidden object scene is the same so I would imagine one can get through it pretty fast after playing it a lot. I will admit I was surprised by having to look for animals to sacrifice, however; animal sacrifices are historically accurate. What bothered me more was the inclusion of house pets, which to my knowledge is historically inaccurate. I don't like it. It's not acceptable to me, but it happened & we can’t go back to druidic times and change it. (I’m referring to an era in time and not necessarily assuming these men were druids.) I’m not trying to offend anybody or put anybody down for their beliefs or opinions. Your reasons are your reasons and that’s okay by me. I’m also not saying that house pets have more value than other animals, but simply by the virtue of those animal being house pets there’s more emotional attachment.
I know I’m going a bit off track here, but I feel I have to say this given the vitriol that’s been spewing from various threads over the past few days. Fishies are passing judgment on other fishies based on a few comments here or there. It really bothers me that I feel I have to defend myself before I even submit my post. It seems to me that others in the pond feel the same. I’m a fairly tolerant individual & I’m fine if other people’s views disagree with mine. My ego does not ride on that. It’s also fine if some tells me he or she disagrees as long as it’s done in a respectful manner.

Happy Gaming, Y’all
edited for grammatical error Word didnt catch

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 8:59:14 AM PST

Go to: