jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Post any 3 Days - Amulet Secret technical issues here only

[Post New]by jujus1a on Nov 3, 10 9:09 PM
The loading screen was only 1/3rd completed when it froze. I had to shut down the computer to exit. On my 2nd attempt the same issue occured.

Regards

Julie

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 3, 10 9:22 PM
The game installed fine for me and started out fine, too. However further into the game I had a few times when I would get some black screens. I don't remember the specific scenes. I could exit out through the task manager and when I started the game again it worked fine. Don't know why it did that though. I run on windows 7 64-bit.

cattis59
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by cattis59 on Nov 4, 10 1:54 AM
Bboo2 wrote:I have tried 3 times now to get into the Tibet area the second time. I keep getting a blackscreen with a error message. I caught only 4 #'s and here they are 0X00,,,,,hope this helps. I bought the game and I am wayyyyyyy back there now.
This is the scene where you have to find 12 items to start a Sudoku puzzle.
Any help?????? Thanks.

cattis59
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by cattis59 on Nov 4, 10 2:02 AM
I ´ve tried to get into the Tibet area the second time. I keep getting a blackscreen with a error message. Whats wrong?

Regards from Sweden

[Post New]by NCPantherEyes on Nov 4, 10 5:04 AM
robin94122 wrote:
NCPantherEyes wrote:I couldn't find the ping pong ball so I exited and went to the walkthrough...when I went back to finish that chapter...I got sent back to the very beginning of the game...has anyone else had this trouble?

This is mentioned at the beginning of the General Tips in the Blog Walkthrough. It's part of the game design, not a technical issue. The game autosaves, but only at the end of a chapter, so if you leave the game in the middle of a chapter you have to start over again at the beginning.

Robin

I had exited the game before and my progress was saved and when I went back I was taken right to the point in the game where I had left off...not this last time. I was sent back to the very beginning of the game. (I did read the General Tips but my problem isn't what you are referring to.)

[Post New]by kiwipipi on Nov 4, 10 10:34 PM
had huge problems with my computer after trying to play this game. game would freeze on the first level. afterwards my computer was very slow, gave me some very scary warning messages, did virus scan, defrag, uninstalled and reinstalled game manager, seems ok now, but not trying that game again. could be my computer but had no probs before.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Nov 5, 10 6:12 AM
sonofstar wrote:
Bboo2 wrote:I have tried 3 times now to get into the Tibet area the second time. I keep getting a blackscreen with a error message. I caught only 4 #'s and here they are 0X00,,,,,hope this helps. I bought the game and I am wayyyyyyy back there now.
This is the scene where you have to find 12 items to start a Sudoku puzzle.
Any help?????? Thanks.

I had the same problem. It froze my computer with a black screen and the error message. Would like to be able to move forward. What's the glitch and how can it be fixed?

Same here, can't get into the Tibet scene as I get the Access Violation message. I'm just in the process. I bought the game before I got this far. Just trying redownloading and will let you know if that does the trick.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Nov 5, 10 7:36 AM
Just tried the game again after re-downloading but still can't get into the Tibet chapter. I'll tell CS I think as I used one of my monthly bonus credits on this game and don't want to waste one on a game I can't play,.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Nov 5, 10 7:35 PM
Flickers really bad. Can't the developers simply complete the game before they send it out the door?

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Nov 6, 10 8:59 AM
bumblebea wrote:
sunnyrocks wrote:Game instled fine, however never got to even try it out, used 5 min waiting for it to load, I even uninstalled and reinstalled still got stuck on the loading screen, no buy for me

Same here.

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Nov 6, 10 7:49 PM
At level 11 I get an access error message.

"Error access violation of 0x004F5957 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated."

I have windows 7 and brand new system so it's defiantly not a compatibility issue. I'll wait to see if BFG makes an update for this before making any further decisions.

Jadee41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Jadee41 on Nov 7, 10 1:56 PM
Have the same problem with this game. Error: Acess Violation at 0x004F5957 tried to read from 0x00000000 program terminated Hopefully there will be an update soon because I can't go any further in the game until they do....

Guess I bought this one to quickly, only played the demo for about 25 mins before buying... This problem came up about 20 minutes after I bought it...

Cybele_uk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Cybele_uk on Nov 7, 10 2:05 PM
I just downloaded the game for the first time. Immediately it went to "buy now" mode and said my trial was expired. I have NEVER downloaded the game before. I am the only one who uses my computer and the only one who plays BF games in my household. I know I haven't downloaded it before because I log in every couple of weeks to download all of the new demos. I haven't downloaded anything since Mystery of the Earl was the new game (Oct 24). This has never happened before. What do I do? The game sounds interesting so I would definitely like to try it. But I won't buy a game I can't try.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 13, 10 4:23 AM
pjries wrote:
sunnyrocks wrote:Game instled fine, however never got to even try it out, used 5 min waiting for it to load, I even uninstalled and reinstalled still got stuck on the loading screen,

Same issue here. Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit - wonder if that has anything to do with the problem. Next stop - tech support!

Clicked on the 'Play' button and nothing moved. So I popped in here while I waited for the game to start to see if there was a problem. Read those messages above and decided to just uninstall the game again without first waiting whether or not it will open.
Don't really care for problems right at the very beginning - life's too short. Am also using Windows 7.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Nov 14, 10 1:58 PM
Micha1234 wrote:The game installed fine for me and started out fine, too. However further into the game I had a few times when I would get some black screens. I don't remember the specific scenes. I could exit out through the task manager and when I started the game again it worked fine. Don't know why it did that though. I run on windows 7 64-bit.

Same here. Also having a problem with game loading. Sometimes the game loads fine. Other times it locks up 1/3 thru loading. Have to use Task Manager to close and re-open. Then game works fine. Also had the black screen happen once in the beginning of the game when a mini-game loaded. This hasn't happened again. I'm about halfway through the game and have no other issues except for the problem loading when I try to re-start the game.

cbnron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cbnron on Nov 19, 10 1:42 PM
actually takes this game forever to load - and also to load each chapter. some of you who are thinking it freezes at 1/3 loaded just didn't give it enough time. I was actually able to get some housework done while waiting so i guess that was a good thing. there does seem to be a lot of other problems with this game though. i had no problems (other than 1/2 the time was wasted waiting for loading) with the game play during the trial but i'm not going to buy it after all since reading these other problems. I've had difficulties with the last 2 games i've purchased and don't want to wear out my welcome with support. kinda beginning to wonder about bfg's quality control.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 7, 11 3:06 PM
Hello Fishies,

Thank you all for keeping us posted on any technical issues you were encountering while playing the game.

There is a new build now available that fixes the black screen issue. To get this version, please uninstall and reinstall this game:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

I've created a new tech thread to make sure that we stay current with any new issues, so I'm going to lock this one up. Please continue posting any further issues or questions here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: