Re:Welcome to Escape the Museum forum

[Post New]by texasgurlsma on Jan 23, 10 4:14 PM
kinebrew1 wrote:Please help!!! stumped, how do I place the pullies and elephant in the fire escape scene? I have been trying for days.

place the first pulley in the hole next to the wall on top then skip a hole and put another pulley on top. go to the bottom and put your next pulley in the hole next to the ladder rail, skip a hole and place your last pulley. if all is in place correctly then your wire should go into the pulleys then your can place the elephant in the ring at the end of the wire next to the wall. hope this helps.

LisaCha
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LisaCha on Jan 24, 10 6:13 PM
valerie12 wrote:The items in each scenes is hard to see I have to agree with
some of the other game players. The designers should realize
that older people also play these games and it is hard to see the item
also people that wear glasses.
It is a very good game except for that.
Thanks
Valerie12

LisaCha
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LisaCha on Jan 24, 10 6:18 PM
LisaCha wrote:
valerie12 wrote:The items in each scenes is hard to see I have to agree with
some of the other game players. The designers should realize
that older people also play these games and it is hard to see the item
also people that wear glasses.
It is a very good game except for that.
Thanks
Valerie12

I do agree with you Valerie, The image precision of this play is of very very poor quality and I hated to play with it. It is no fair for the user and is kind of tiring. So each time this happen, I do not buy these games.

[Post New]by retroro on Feb 23, 10 10:05 PM
I am in chapter 18 or 19. I am trying to find the door number so caitlin can enter it and unlock that door. I have all the tools a stick, asticker and a mirror but I can not figure out how to use them .....Help please

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Feb 27, 10 9:45 AM
The game is difficult for older eyes and too much junk is in dark areas. Young people might enjoy but not my cup of tea, even for $2.99.

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Feb 27, 10 12:17 PM
I wanted to like this game. It's nicely constructed and has good puzzles but as others have said before, way too dark to find things. Besides my accuracy (measured by how many bad clicks you perform) being abysmal, I don't enjoy pixel hunts. When people in this forum say it's dark, it's dark. And I don't start adjusting the gamma to play these games, so even at $2.99, this one's being uninstalled. It's a shame. Otherwise, it could have been fun.

Welcome to Escape the Museum forum

[Post New]by DixieDiamond on Feb 27, 10 5:08 PM
Help, I can't find the hammer in room 16. I've got the chair on the table, one of the poles but I can't find the hammer or other pole.

[Post New]by mistergeorge on Feb 27, 10 5:09 PM
I started this game but not even halfway through my free trial and I just don't know what some of the items to be found were until I used hints. It may be that I am getting old but I don't play golf so didn't know what a driver was, I just turned 49 yesterday but still didn't register that shades were sunglasses I was looking for a window shade or lamp shade. I wish these games would use more common words to describe things or give a picture of what something is.

[Post New]by DixieDiamond on Feb 27, 10 5:12 PM
Hey, I'm 60 and it will get easier. They all use a lot of "play on words" plus sometimes a 'bat' is a baseball bat, other times it is a bird. The more you play the easier it gets. This one is kinda hard. The wheel to the cart is one of the rings around the planet on the machine you have to kind the button for. The door sign on the left door. Once you insert that as the button it lets you get the ring for the wheel of the cart. Good Luck!

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 5:14:31 PM PST

[Post New]by Crazy_Queen on Feb 27, 10 11:53 PM
DixieDiamond...Glad to see your hint for the Solar System and figured a ring was the wheel....but tried clicking on the door sign on the left door but it does nothing... What's the trick here? HELP!!!!

[Post New]by hisstah on Mar 6, 10 8:16 AM
I found this game very irritating to play and it was difficult to see the objects. The flow of the game is constantly broken up with the extremely poorly drawn character being interjected for aggravatingly long periods between games. Thankfully you can sort of fast forward through those but I found it very irritating.

The graphics were poor and it was extremely difficult to find the objects. A very disappointing game and I was sorry I bought it.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 6, 10 8:28 AM
I have ought this game & have tried it twice.

Each time Moms voice (Susan? ) made me want to reach for a whisky bottle & the idea of having to get out of a bad building, yet carry with you over a ton of relics is a bit silly.

On the plus side, it is good knowing you can revisit area's.

On the minus side It is a shame that museum boss isn't under sedation having his wisdom teeth implanted.

Then there is the husband who is a liability. He should be arrested for insisting he knows better than the emergency crews.

But it is a good game, if it wasn't for the men

Edited on 03/06/2010 at 8:29:31 AM PST

tafkat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by tafkat on May 12, 10 4:03 AM
I like this game, and it has taken plenty of time for me to even get to the 50% point, so I feel like I got my money's worth. On the negative side, I agree that the mom's voice is annoying and the husband is not very bright. Some of the objects are nearly impossible to find without a hint, but overall I would recommend this one.

Lucidus
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Lucidus on May 19, 10 12:39 AM
This would be a great game if not for the horrible image quality. As others have mentioned, some scenes are very dark; to make things worse, many objects are so badly photoshopped into the scenes that they are blurry and pixellated, and parts are sometimes cut off. In one room, two of the required objects are covered up by the menu of needed items, making them impossible to find without using hints.

The escape puzzles can be quite obscure, but the list of needed items at the top of the screen usually provides enough information to figure them out.

The voice acting is good, except for the museum director who sounds like a zombie.

Finally, this is a nice long game, which I appreciate (especially after a couple of recent disappointments).

[Post New]by purplejules19 on May 23, 10 6:55 AM
Does anyone else have the intermittent problem of the game NOT saving your progress? This has happened several times already and the last time was when I went to continue my game & found I was back at room 10 instead of room 33 where I left off last night!! :-(

Brennagrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Brennagrl on Jun 5, 10 7:34 PM
I was very disappointed in this game, poor graphics, the concept was very good, but the items were too difficult to locate. I just finished Robinson Crusoe and the graphics on that game were incredible. I regret I purchased Escape the Museum, only game I wish I had not wasted my money on.

cmajal
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re: Escape the Museum . One of the worst i've played

[Post New]by cmajal on Jun 28, 10 12:44 AM
this would have to be one of the worst games.The scenes are distorted or not clear.I had such trouble trying to work out the shapes of the items.Not good for people with vision problems.Sorry I ever bought it.Will never play it again.

[Post New]by karmeland on Jul 16, 10 2:32 PM
I am stuck in East Wing, Room 24, Native Americans. I have the fire extinguisher but the key is to hot. What else do I have to do?

Purple_One
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Purple_One on Aug 8, 10 3:28 PM
I must be extremely stupid; I know I'm old, but never knew I wouldn't be able to play a game. I am stuck with the huge dinosaur's head on the ground right after the earthquake hit (been through many of them myself, not fun). I cannot find anything except I accidentally clicked and got the mirror; can't find the place to put it to stop the laser beam. Guess I'll have to put this one on the back burner until I run out of games to play; I still have about 150 more to play. LOL I like sales. God bless

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 13, 10 9:03 AM
I remember trying this quite a while back and thinking the graphics weren't so hot but don't recall much else about the game... I only tried the demo. If anyone happens to pop into this forum thread and has an opinion, is it worth 2.99?

Edit to Update:

I did buy this for 2.99 and, while the graphics are a bit challenging (difficult object hunts!) if you like to take your time with a game and are not in a rush, this is a great game!! I took my time and played over the course of about 4 days and it took me just over 10 hours! (the game tracks your time played) Like I say, I was in no hurry and maybe used three hints and consulted a walkthrough three times (two of those times were in two of the last three rooms). This is truly a fun game and so is the sequel (which I actually bought and played first quite a while back). If you get the chance to "grab this" as a DD you are really getting a bargain!!

Game Play Hint:
While you are hunting for objects and aren't sure if you have located one of the objects on the list or not, when your cursor pauses over a correct object for about 1/4 second it will start to pulsate in a HOG scene and become a question mark in a Task scene. So... pay attention to your cursor - it is a big help!!!

Edited on 08/21/2010 at 11:59:30 AM PST

Go to: