sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 4, 10 6:00 AM
DragonLadyOz...lol...no dreaded rubber duckies or hourglasses...yet

I would add although there is no challenge level you can increase your challenge a little by not using the book in the lower left corner.
Length for me was a little over 4.5 hours.

Other than that I can't add more than has already been said.
Great Job on the reviews Fishies!
It's a buy.

Remember to try before you buy.

Had to add...yes, there is the hourglass and the dreaded crowbar...

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 11:59:03 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Nov 4, 10 6:26 AM
The screen shots looked good but I came in here to make sure. Everyone likes it so I'm sure I'll be buying it. Thanks fishy's.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 4, 10 6:55 AM
I am a great HOG fan but I wonder if BF is going to have any more male heros?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 4, 10 7:25 AM
"Felicitations" to all of you who give such great reviews. How do you muster the energy at 1:00 am or is it just a time change thing and it is not really that early where YOU are. Anyway because of you guys I can't wait to try this game.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 4, 10 7:34 AM
grabbinbugs wrote:Very interactive with crisp and clear graphics. Music is okay but could get on a person's nerve after a short time. The HOG scenes show up as electrically charged areas. Instead of single objects to find you need to find groups which you will need to accompolish tasks within the HOG scene. A little on the dark themed side but not spooky. Most all objects in the game scenery react in some way to being clicked on. Kinda neat really. A lot to look at and a lot to find. Did not run into an overclick issue so don't know if has a penalty or not. I give the game a medium difficulty rating. It's a buy here.

Thanks so much grabbinbugs for your concise review. Told me everything I needed to know clearly.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Keep those reviews coming!

[Post New]by dianaluna on Nov 4, 10 7:36 AM
To Goofyduck, Casual Gran & others who do the detailed reviews:
THANK YOU! You are most appreciated. I don't just demo every HOG--I have limited time & I try to choose well. Without your reviews, I'd be lost. I know they take real time & effort, so I want to to know I am grateful.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Nov 4, 10 7:47 AM
I played about 20 mins. of demo and am rushing to buy! Awesome game with lots to do and just the right amount of challenges!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 4, 10 8:01 AM
It isn't the kind of adventure game I like BUT I am enjoying it so I will be buying this one.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 4, 10 8:05 AM
What a lovely, charming game! I have played and liked the first game before a few months, but this new game is much, much better! Its interactive - that means you move between several playes, play frog (= hidden object scenes with pieces) and you need to solve puzzles to move forward in the storyline. The storyline and graphic is also superb, I like also the heroine. Its of course a buy for me

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 10 8:07 AM
You do revisit the HOG scenes but you will see that time has passed. Items you collected the first time are no longer there and your Find List the next time will be different as you are looking for different items. Some Find Lists are HOGs, some are FROGs, and some are "find the multiples," so there's quite a bit of variety. You also need to pick up some key items in the regular scenes as well. So there's no "incorrect click" penalty, as you have to click on things to find out if it's something you can use.

Robin

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 8:08:04 AM PST

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 4, 10 8:14 AM
CasualGran wrote:
pvsquare wrote:I am a great HOG fan but I wonder if BF is going to have any more male heros?

Well. Pvsquare. I can perfectly see where you're coming from. The majority of casual games present us with a heroine. Maybe devs don't think enough about men having interest in these kind of games, while I know there are plenty of them. For instance, in my circle of friends and family I know of at least 2 men that like to play these games, namely my husband and my brother in law. Mostly I warn them when the better games come out. Think the 'Edgar Allan Poe' games and 'Elixir of Immortality' and the like. But, besides these, it would also be nice to see some more heroes in these games, for men and women to enjoy so devs, pay attention !!!

Thanks for the reply CasualGran. I didn't you gals out there to shoot me.

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 8:17:02 AM PST

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 4, 10 8:29 AM
I bought this one and the graphics are much clearer than Mystery Valley not as dark

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 4, 10 8:35 AM
Thanks, Puzzledone for mentioning that this is second game in a series...I was trying to figure out why "Mystery Age" sounded so familiar. If I recall correctly, in the first game the mother was forever calling the daughter pet names. Does that sound right? I digress though. So many others have mentioned everything I like about the game and since I've got a game credit I got two game credits last month-unusal for me. I spent one yesterday & I'll be spending the other on this game. Have an awesome day, Y'all.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 4, 10 8:37 AM
THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS ...MY FRIENDS

I am going to BUY...WOW..GREAT GAME

OFF TO PLAY

Happy Gaming

PEN

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 4, 10 8:51 AM
Really nice game for all the reasons mentioned previously. However, the music was very annoying. Turned it off immediately. Wish game devs would put more effort into the soundtracks.

[Post New]by rainangel5301 on Nov 4, 10 9:26 AM
I'm convinced, and haven't even tried it yet! See how important you reviews are to us "newbies"?? I always check the forums before I buy, and usually before I try. Thanks for all the reviews!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 4, 10 9:49 AM
The music may be annoying, but as I posted in another thread, make sure you have the Effects sound on when you feel you are nearing the end of the game.

Overall, it took me 4-1/2 hours to play, and I only had to resort to the walkthrough three times, and one of those was a complete "duh" because I had just picked up the item it said I needed, but I had forgotten I was looking for something like that to use in another scene.

I love a game that is challenging without making me feel stupid, with lots of things to do and see. This was a beautiful game and I can't wait to see more from these developers.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 4, 10 9:57 AM
Well!!! What can I say that has'nt already been said. I did not do the demo, just dived in So many people looking forward to this and soo many good reviews. I dived into Phantom and was disappointed. BUT this? The mouse likes expensive cheese and fruit, the mailbox is not used because it holds doggie treats, (probably for the poor postie, to avoid being bitten on the way off the property) LOL! The Devs sure have a sense of humour . You touch things just to see what they will do!! I thought at first, that the items were too well blended, but when I got used to the way things worked I found it quite easy. Always parts of items to find, (so far) not a list. I have not laughed so much with this type of game in a long while. Disappointed, like others, that I could not repair the mirror etc. myself. Gooooood game. I hope we have some happy fishies today. and a 1/2 .

Have fun all

Diamond71
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Diamond71 on Nov 4, 10 11:05 AM
Oh Happy Day its finally here

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Keep those reviews coming!

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 4, 10 11:11 AM
dianaluna wrote: To Goofyduck, Casual Gran & others who do the detailed reviews:
THANK YOU! You are most appreciated. I don't just demo every HOG--I have limited time & I try to choose well. Without your reviews, I'd be lost. I know they take real time & effort, so I want to to know I am grateful.[/quote

Me too! Thank you!!

Go to: