Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by NCPantherEyes on Nov 6, 10 6:49 AM
I was playing the game as happy as a clam when all of a sudden up pops an error message...something about Armadillo___exe. Went to chat and they tried to help but nothing and I mean nothing they suggested got the problem fixed...I am NOT a happy camper.

[Post New]by tinalove1976 on Nov 6, 10 9:27 AM
Hi, my name is Tina and I am having the same problem with the Flash Player too, telling me that I need to update it. What did you do to fix this because I can't play unless I can fix this problem? I could really use some help here.

Thanks Tina.

Kathy34 wrote:I've been trying all afternoon to install and run the free trial. I get to the opening screen and it tells me to update my flashplayer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flashplayer - as well as shockwave, rebooted my computer numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself, and I still can't get past the message that my flashplayer is outdated. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried live chat earlier and was told to uninstall and reinstall everything, but couldn't do it then as adobe was having a problem on their site for downloads. I just tried Live Chat again and was told my computer and the game are probably incompatible. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any thoughts on anything else I might be able to try?

Thanks!
Kathy

Edit: I reinstalled (I think with compatibility) and it now works,

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 9:30:05 AM PST

[Post New]by stitchingsmiles on Nov 6, 10 11:25 AM
Game runs fine, but I cannot close it out. any suggestions?? thanks a bunch fishes..

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 6, 10 12:41 PM
zografia wrote:the meat disappeared...any solutions?????

Can you tell us exactly what you have in the inventory tray at that point? If the tray is full, use both the right arrow and left arrow on the sides of the inventory tray to check the overflow areas for more items. The arrows will be green if there is more to see. Note that the overflow may be stored on either the right or left side of the inventory tray, so you have to check both sides.

Thanks!
Robin

[Post New]by smeghead22 on Nov 6, 10 2:32 PM
where does the meat go

[Post New]by NCPantherEyes on Nov 6, 10 3:39 PM
Can anyone tell me why Armadillo___exe would suddenly start keeping the game from running properly?

[Post New]by Recidivist on Nov 6, 10 4:14 PM
NCPantherEyes wrote:Can anyone tell me why Armadillo___exe would suddenly start keeping the game from running properly?

I had the same problem. I fixed it, though, by downloading the game again from Big Fish. Just finished playing it - great game!

[Post New]by sandjes on Nov 6, 10 4:36 PM
Does anyone else have the problem of an error message coming up after the game has loaded that says that Adobe Flash Player version is too low? I have 10.1 version which seems to be the latest download version at this moment.

The quality of the picture is excellent - it just won't let me into the actual game.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Nov 6, 10 5:06 PM
Lovely game - great graphics. A little slow to switch scenes, but I find that is just the first time for each scene each time I play. ANd I had no problems with the meat.

However - I do have problems when I exit. I get a screen made up of large square pieces of what ever scene I was in. The music keeps going and the game hangs. I have to clty/alt/del to get out.

When I restart I am back exactly where I'd expect to be, but this is a rather odd problem. Don't think I am going to report it, but wondered if anyone else had the same issue?

J

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 6, 10 5:35 PM
However - I do have problems when I exit. I get a screen made up of large square pieces of what ever scene I was in. The music keeps going and the game hangs. I have to clty/alt/del to get out.

Jess, I had the same problem the first time I tried to exit the game.

I alt-tabbed out of the game, then went back in, and the game screen was showing normally. No more troubles, for whatever reason~

ptoretti
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ptoretti on Nov 6, 10 11:30 PM
LinaJules wrote:I downloaded the free trial, but then when I went to play, it shows that my time was up; I had to stop and think "gosh, did I play this already?" and I hadn't. Am downloading it again to see if I get the same thing. Has this game been previously released by chance?

That's my issue as well. I downloaded the demo, but played something else this afternoon. Now it says that the demo has expired. Sounds like my kind of game, but I did like to try them first. I'll try tech chat.

[Post New]by NCPantherEyes on Nov 7, 10 1:41 AM
Recidivist wrote:
NCPantherEyes wrote:Can anyone tell me why Armadillo___exe would suddenly start keeping the game from running properly?

I had the same problem. I fixed it, though, by downloading the game again from Big Fish. Just finished playing it - great game!

I've done that at least four times and it still won't play...

[Post New]by Whizzy_Wheelz on Nov 7, 10 9:00 AM
catzzz666 wrote:I have the same problem with the meat disapearing when I get it down from the kitchen ceiling. I have played it over twice no with two different user names and still the same thing happens.

Hello once the meat drops to the floor you have to click on it again to get it to go into your inventory.

Hope this helps I made the same mistake!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 7, 10 10:50 AM
Hi Fishies!

If you're running into the Flash Player error with Mystery Age: The Dark Priests it may help to uninstall and then reinstall Flash through Internet Explorer or to run the game in compatibility mode.

If you're not familiar with the steps for these processes or continue to have trouble, please contact Customer Support via the green envelope to the right.

Also, the current version of the game shouldn't be having issues with the meat not going into your inventory. As this was an issue related to the BETA version (that may have been spread to unauthorized/pirate game sites), please make sure that you have the latest version from Big Fish Games by uninstalling and reinstalling the game directly from the game page here or from your Purchase History.

Here is a great help article to help you with this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you are still having issues please contact Customer Support.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 10:30:28 AM PST

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Nov 8, 10 8:14 AM

Does any one know what armadillo.exe is?

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Nov 8, 10 10:30 AM
I picked up the box handle (which I would describe as a round wooden knob) and used the pocket knife to cut the wallpaper. The blog walkthrough says to use the box handle on the box in the wall, but it just kicks back out with the usual 'that doesn't work here' messages. I've tried a dozen areas on the box, but still it won't work.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 8, 10 1:55 PM
KC_Granny wrote:I picked up the box handle (which I would describe as a round wooden knob) and used the pocket knife to cut the wallpaper. The blog walkthrough says to use the box handle on the box in the wall, but it just kicks back out with the usual 'that doesn't work here' messages. I've tried a dozen areas on the box, but still it won't work.

Please see the existing forum topic "Chest Handle," it will explain what you have to do.

Good luck!
Robin

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

HAVING TO USE CTL ALT AND DEL TO EXIT GAME

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Nov 9, 10 5:37 AM
Having to use ctl alt del to exit game and graphics go all funny like the pixels are breaking up anyone else got this problem

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Nov 9, 10 11:12 AM
Laurimd, thank you for the suggestion to "chat" with tech support, which I did. They were unable to fix my problem. Their final answer was to wait for an update, if there was one. I sent the Felix info etc, they couldn't find anything with my system, we changed compatibility settings, all updates were current, etc. etc, etc.

I decided to go back and change the compatibility settings back to where they were originally when I could play the game. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. The game works! How or why I don't know but changing my settings to where they were originally did the trick. So far the game is running fine.

Maybe this will help someone else.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Nov 9, 10 6:31 PM
robin94122 wrote:
KC_Granny wrote:I picked up the box handle (which I would describe as a round wooden knob) and used the pocket knife to cut the wallpaper. The blog walkthrough says to use the box handle on the box in the wall, but it just kicks back out with the usual 'that doesn't work here' messages. I've tried a dozen areas on the box, but still it won't work.

Please see the existing forum topic "Chest Handle," it will explain what you have to do.

Good luck!
Robin

Thanks Robin. That did it!

Go to: