Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™

[Post New]by ayjays on Jun 27, 11 4:49 PM
Is there a way to do the final puzzle at the end without having to start the first ones each time? Thanks!

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 4, 11 5:30 PM
I am not a gamer, but Madame Fate was truly an artistic and beautiful presence; the other games I have tried are just a shade of this one and 'way too easy. Hope I find another like it soon! It took me several weeks to complete!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 4:32 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2 stars
Overall – 2.5 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Firefox7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Firefox7 on Oct 24, 11 9:59 AM
I have purchased every MCF game almost as soon as they are released and this remains, imo, their best in the genre as a whole. Not as intricate or complex as the Ravenhearst duo, so if you prefer a more involved storyline then they may suit you better, but just so addictive that you keep going back again and again.

If you want a game that is beautiful to look at, with great puzzles and MCF's usual excellent hidden object screens (no cheating with things hidden behind things etc) but a game where you don't need to write down every left and right turn you've made for the last six months, then this is the one for you. A challenging and absorbing game without the sometimes frustrating go here-go there-go back- go here again of other HOGs.

I love the mermaid puzzle (yes, I *will* do it in under 30 seconds... I will...) and the "scenes within a scene" screens are wonderful.

I hate the final puzzle with a vengeance, but still keep doing it - over and over again...

I paid full price for this and have never begrudged a single penny of it.

Edited on 10/24/2011 at 10:09:15 AM PST

[Post New]by lolabean on Oct 31, 11 3:56 PM
the worst game of all. Graphics are terrible game is boring. Time runs out and you have to start again. Next time I'll read reviews. I quit and uninstalled it. Blah.

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 7:05 AM
This Game was just wonderful! I love Circus! Thanks BFG!

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Nov 5, 11 9:27 PM
Painful. The premise amused me, but ye gods, there are way too many small items crammed into a single scene. My eyes are killing me after solving one and a half H0 scenes! It's a no-buy for me, I'm afraid, which is a shame because I enjoy the idea of solving the mystery.

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Dec 7, 11 10:15 PM
For some reason i did not buy this game when it first came out but because i love MCF games i thought i would try it and i love it ....especially the puzzles. I didn't but it back then because it was like the last of the HOG games that didn't have the combination of adventure scenes and i was hooked on those kind og HOG games but i paid the $6.99 and i'm very satisfied with the game..

Happy gaming fishes

The MCF series is awesome. Thank you Bigfish

[Post New]by jyeshtha on Dec 13, 11 11:40 AM
Well, I am a huge fan of your MCF games and will surely try other too. They are simply awesome. I mean, you forget the world while playing them and that's the best part!
Beautiful!

Secret Items earn you a extra hint

[Post New]by jyeshtha on Dec 13, 11 11:44 AM
True, just look carefully, you will find some object changing color or meta morphs itself into some other object. Thats the secret one. Click on it. And check, your hints will be increased.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 5, 12 1:10 AM
Should have a bit of explanation of what is required in solving the mini puzzles ...I did skip some of them.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 5, 12 1:11 AM
Very cleverly hidden objects... blended well in the color schemes... needed some patience to find them all

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 26, 12 12:50 AM
Somehow I missed this... thought I'd played it but it wasn't in my purchase history so since it's on $2.99 thought I'd grab it since so many people in the Shadow Lake forum seem to be saying that big fish needs to "go back to the success of Madame Fate" as if it's just the best. And even the reveiws here are "grab it you won't regret it" etc... well all I can say is ya'll must be under Madame Fate's spell or something because... YUCK!!!

Not much beyond a straight hog (which for the time... 2007... was fine)... but TINY items and JUNKPILE scenes... and I DO regret buying it! I doubt I'll ever finish.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 26, 12 8:21 PM
Firefox7 wrote:
(no cheating with things hidden behind things etc)

Actually I'm playing it now and there are a LOT of items hidden behind other items... so a heart for example will look like a V. It's annoying as all get out.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Dec 2, 12 6:32 AM
Hadn't played this one for a couple of years as it is ho heavy. But it still is so much fun ! I've never seen better puzzles overall. And, for me, gaining time by clicking 3 objects within a few seconds makes the ho scenes more fun.

[Post New]by girlofvampires on Jan 7, 13 5:17 AM
I really loved this game Madame Fate is probably my favorite game of MCF I had ups and downs, but still! Great game...

Anukis36
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Anukis36 on Nov 30, 13 12:05 AM
Loved this one, really did not disappoint. Thank you to everyone who worked on this, the circus was perfectly right. I really felt I got to return there, only that there was more to see and a more flexible approach to the puzzles, much appreciated by me, who wished for more help with the first...and yes, after I whinged about little dogs put in games, I loved that Egyptian cat...I even bought her things, I hang my head and offer an apology. Thank you to the the person who wrote up separate lists in the guide for the collections. I love these things but It is SO much easier to look up at the end for the two or three I always miss.

jrnedraw
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by jrnedraw on Dec 26, 13 11:43 AM
laurakay76 wrote:Painful. The premise amused me, but ye gods, there are way too many small items crammed into a single scene. My eyes are killing me after solving one and a half H0 scenes! It's a no-buy for me, I'm afraid, which is a shame because I enjoy the idea of solving the mystery.

Agree with above. If you have poor eye site, don't buy this game. It is impossible to find items in this game. Sorry, I bought it. before reading forums. The reviews don't tell you how hard this game is on your eyes.

There is also no relaxed mode, where you can take your time to find all the items either. I really hate timed ones.

Edited on 12/26/2013 at 11:45:10 AM PST

[Post New]by pjlilly on Jan 10, 14 7:54 PM
I just finished the game and the bonus game. I love it! I never once lost interest. Just Great almost as good as escape from Ravenhearst. Which is my favorite. I hope they have more games in the works. I will buy it right away. Totally hooked.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 19, 14 4:58 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:Somehow I missed this... thought I'd played it but it wasn't in my purchase history so since it's on $2.99 thought I'd grab it since so many people in the Shadow Lake forum seem to be saying that big fish needs to "go back to the success of Madame Fate" as if it's just the best. And even the reveiws here are "grab it you won't regret it" etc... well all I can say is ya'll must be under Madame Fate's spell or something because... YUCK!!!

Not much beyond a straight hog (which for the time... 2007... was fine)... but TINY items and JUNKPILE scenes... and I DO regret buying it! I doubt I'll ever finish.

laurakay76 wrote:Painful. The premise amused me, but ye gods, there are way too many small items crammed into a single scene. My eyes are killing me after solving one and a half HO scenes! It's a no-buy for me, I'm afraid, which is a shame because I enjoy the idea of solving the mystery.

I did not care for this game at all and didn't even finish the demo. Totally agree with both of the above quotes.

Edited on 03/19/2014 at 5:06:54 AM PST

Go to: