Re:Post any Downtown Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by nanas3kids on Nov 8, 10 4:20 PM
Hi,
I was really enjoying playing this game so much, that i forgot i was on the trial version. It suddenly disappeared & my fonts & screen resolution we're all messed
up. I finally got my desktop back to where i can stand it eventhough, it still isn't
totally correct.
After i was finished, i purchased this game using a game credit, only it will not
play in full screen mode. Anyone have an idea that might help, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

[Post New]by Shpankee on Nov 9, 10 1:52 PM
For me the game starts fine and the developer pages run through the now obligatory flash pages stating the Big Fish logo and then the graphics for the game companies. Then I get the loading screen showing me the percentage that has loaded, and as soon as it finishes loading thats when my screen starts to flicker, it goes black then patches of my desktop through through, and then it seems to cycle through whatever open windows I have in the background. I get a square here and then a rectangle there showing either flashes of black, an open window, or my desktop. All the while I can hear the sound effects and music of the game playing in the background. In the end instead of rebooting I used alt-tab to -eventually- bring up my desktop, ctrl-alt-del to run the task manager and have to end the program. I've checked compatability issues, and all my drivers are using the newest versions

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 9, 10 2:09 PM
Welcome to the pond Shpankee!

It may also help to update Direct X or to disable your Aero settings if you're using Windows Vista or 7. Check out this help article for more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I'd also recommend to contact Customer Support if you continue to have any trouble. Just let them know what steps you’ve already tried and they’ll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by deebee01 on Nov 11, 10 12:04 PM
As with the others, after the loading screen, screen goes blank. I have the same problem with Great Secrets - Nostradamus. Running on brand new i5 machine with Windows 7 64 bit and 1Gb Ati Radeon graphics (not mentioned in the "readme file").

Have tried all the solutions proffered by Big Fish (compatibility mode etc.). My work involves setting up and repairing computers, and nothing seems to get round the issue on these games. It is disappointing to buy new kit and find current releases won't perform.

[b]Despite my machine being brand new I later found an update for the radeon graphics driver, took the game back out of xp compatability mode and it worked. same applies to Nostradamus.

Pity I didn't like Downtown Secrets enough to buy it

Edited on 11/18/2010 at 9:12:56 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 13, 10 7:55 AM
deebee01 wrote:As with the others, after the loading screen, screen goes blank. I have the same problem with Great Secrets - Nostradamus. Running on brand new i5 machine with Windows 7 64 bit and 1Gb Ati Radeon graphics (not mentioned in the "readme file").

Have tried all the solutions proffered by Big Fish (compatibility mode etc.). My work involves setting up and repairing computers, and nothing seems to get round the issue on these games. It is disappointing to buy new kit and find current releases won't perform.

Ditto!!!!

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Nov 16, 10 7:35 PM
When I first purchased this game it would not load properly, now it loads but keeps flashing unable to keep picture long, this is very frustrating when I just started please send fixz asap

olgamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by olgamc on Dec 8, 10 10:10 AM
I dumped this game. Too many things wrong. Other people have stated the p
problems so I won't. I agree with them all.

omcbratney@aol.com

Go to: