ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Unlikely Suspects

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 5, 10 3:38 PM
way to go mumbo jumbo! i have to say i like almost everything they put out, and this cute little HOG is the next in line...

with so many possible victims, so many places to visit looking for clues, and so many possible culprits, i can see why they say 4,000 cases are waiting for you! and some of these characters are... well... characters!

the graphics are clear and the music ok... there are a couple of hint options - click the item to see a shape or click "hint" to find out where it is... there are also two police shields to find in every scene... after collecting certain numbers of these, there's detective school and once you have solved four cases, you can then play in unlimited mode...

for a straight HOG fan, this game is nervana... play in story or play to search and search... either way, there's a lot of replay here!

for more advanced players, or those who demand there be a little adventure for all that they curse adventure games, this may seem a little simple... but the way i see it, sometimes simple is good...

anyway - this one's for me! holmes can wait in new orleans til after dark!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 5, 10 3:41 PM
a couple of things i forgot to mention... things that some folks don't like:

some items are not their true color - they are the color of their surroundings to make them blend in...

some items are not listed "perfectly" - be sure to click the item in the list to get a picture if you think you've looked everywhere and just don't see it...

lastly, some of the clues you gain in your investigation don't actually pertain to your investigation - but them's da breaks, eh?

happy sleuthing!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Nov 5, 10 4:06 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW!!
For anyone still undecided that wants to know more after the demo ends before buying.... Below is my review after finishing a case. I did not reveal story lines, just more in depth how the game plays.

Well I finally finished a case, took me a little over 3 hours. I wanted to also add that I noticed in some scenes there are changing "weather" like trees blowing making shadows, sun going in and out of clouds, wind picking up dust etc that change very rapidly. It gives the HiddenO scenes a bit more of a challenge. Some have said the graphics are grainy.. might be what they were seeing? On my monitor I can see what they are and in between them the graphics are clear. I like that they made it a no click penalty and added twists like that so you can't just click your way through a scene in seconds.

Something I think needs clarified: I thought you would just play the game over.. but it seems at the end of each case your asked if you want to continue to work on another 1 of the 4000 cases back logged.. so it continues. You can earn many badges/merits it seems and unlock other options of playing. Wow.. yeah this game will definitely give you day and weeks worth of play! I don't regret buying, it will be a relaxing game to play to pass time here and there or waiting for a new game to release... I'm also curious if you can reach an end and earn a badge/merit for all 4000 cases?! This could get very addictive if so!

I hope that helps some of you decide to buy or not.

Happy Gaming everyone!

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 4:09:13 PM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 5, 10 4:24 PM
Just came back to report in after finially completing a case
and read Wiccanwoman's review. I can stop typing, she
said almost everything I was going to say and did it much
better than I would have.

Only thing I have to add is you might want to crank up the
brightness on your monitor (at least I did) some of the
scenes are dark, like the graveyard one. But in my
opinion, this is a great hog and hints are there for the
dreaded teeny tinys.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Nov 5, 10 5:00 PM
Definite purchase for me! At first, I thought I had played this before on MSN Games or somewhere else a few years ago, but once I started playing I realized I hadn't seen this one before. A basic HOG, but with the added bonus of being able to find the weapon, murderer, etc. through the clues that are provided on the hidden object scenes. I got through the first case and had just started the second when my hour ran out. The game states there are over 4000 different cases/outcomes so there is a lot of game play and replay value.

The only problem I had with the game is that the scenes are somewhat dark and some of the items are pretty much impossible to find. However, the hint button refreshes rather quickly and since it tends to be only one or two items, it really isn't that much of a problem. Finding three badges in each scene can be difficult. I usually found two, but the third was elusive to me. Overall a very pleasant game. Thanks BF!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Nov 5, 10 6:46 PM
Thank you Joyce!

Rosie.. I think there are only 2 badges per scene. Someone correct me if I'm wrong? I never saw more than 2.. don't wear out your eyes for that 3rd one.. you really need them in this game lol.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Nov 5, 10 6:59 PM
Just spent the last hour playing this game after having bought it outright. This game is like a cross between Clue and Guess Who. The basic premise of the game is good - you are asked to help solve a murder and then are able to search hidden object scenes pertaining to the victim, approximately 16 suspects, about 10 different locations, and when you have a successful search, you get a piece of evidence from the crime lab and then you go and apply that info toward your choices in suspects, or weapons (there's about 16 of these too).

Unfortunately, I was searching all the wrong scenes - which made for A LOT of hidden object scenes (like 8) that amounted to very little clues. At that point, I had only narrowed the weapons and suspects down to about 6. I really didn't even care who did it anymore, I was just so tired of doing hidden object scenes over and over and then after all that trouble getting told I found nothing. This game would be MUCH better if you were able to narrow down your choices a lot quicker.

The clues I did get were pretty vague. A jacket with an American flag lining. Okay, that's fine but there's 8 locations from America. That's EIGHT full hidden object scenes for just that one clue.

This is a game I will play in small doses. If I expect to just play a case from beginning to completion, I think I will end up frustrated (maybe I just got a bad case as my first one, the game tells you there are over 4000 combinations). If I approached the game more from a I'll play a bit at a time and come back later, I think I would be a happy camper. I would rate this game 3 stars out of 5.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Nov 5, 10 7:29 PM
I'd buy the game if it worked right. On the main page, if I click an option, the page freezes up on me. This happen twice, once when I first started to play, and then later, after I play it for a bit, I exit out to the main page, and clicked on 'help' or 'options', and the page just froze up. I couldn't even to the control, alt, delete. Or sometimes the game will just minimize itself.
How do you get your clues? I had a hard time followng thru and trying to understand the play of the game. Thanks...

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 5, 10 7:52 PM
Interesting game-kind of like MFC Huntsville & Prime suspects without the quirkiness, imho. I was able to find all of the badges in all of the scenes I played. I had some problems with the hint even though it would ask me what I wanted to find if I had more than one item. There were several occasions when I clicked the hint and the magnifying glass moved over an area. I would click, but still had no idea what I was clicking even though I highlighted what I wanted. So some of the objects were a bit obscure. It took me some time to figure out that you have to identify all the suspects that match the evidence before you can search their "lairs". I was partway through the first suspect when my trial ended. I might use my monthly game credit to buy, but I need to play TGT first an see if I like that any better.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 5, 10 8:46 PM
I like this as well. I'm a "who-dun-it" type of person anyway. Goofyduck is correct, as always, some of the items are impossible to see, so had to use the hint a couple of times, but not often. They are either too small or blend into the background. You have to travel to all of the countries to get clues, which makes it more fun, and then narrow down the suspects by the clues you get. I found 28 badges in the first case (some are very difficult to find and I missed a couple), finished the first case with 12 minutes to spare and caught the "bad guy." Can't tell how long it is, but it was fun, so I'm going to purchase the game.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Nov 5, 10 8:47 PM
Thanks for all the great reviews. Played 30 minutes of the demo and I think it will be a very good HOG that I can enjoy over and over.

Off to buy now.

Happy gaming.

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Nov 5, 10 9:13 PM
To me, the graphics did not seem very clear at all. Muddy colors and grainy images. It is a great idea and I like that there is so much replay value, but I had to quit about halfway through when I got to a scene where everything was green, brown and lumped together. I'm not a big fan of distorted scale HOGs, honestly. Who looks for a paperclip the size of a park bench or a teeny tiny telescope silhouetted on the top of a building?

Good idea, but unplayable by anyone but the most eagle-eyed gamer. Good luck to those who enjoyed this. (Maybe I just need a new monitor!)

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Nov 5, 10 10:45 PM
I'm sorry to say, I really didn't enjoy this game. It was, as others have said, difficult to see the objects clearly at times, and things like lanterns, sunshine & rainstorms made it even harder. The thing I disliked the most, after 2 1/2 suspects, was the repetition of the items to be searched for in repeat locales. There were plenty of other objects that could have been put on the "find" list, but after the first suspect, I'd say at least a quarter of the objects in additional searches were repeats. Unfortunately, it bugged me so much, I stopped before finishing 3rd suspect. Hope others can try it & enjoy!

bfogc
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bfogc on Nov 5, 10 11:14 PM
This is the most boring,repetitive scene game I ever played.They don't even give you enough clues to find the right suspect!I lasted 30 minutes before I uninstalled it.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 6, 10 8:16 AM
I couldn't figure out what to do in this game. LIked the HOG but didn't see any instructioins on how to know what weapon was used etc. I just read some of the comments and they helped so will go back to see if I can solve the first one.. Thanks to everyone who gives great information.

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Nov 6, 10 8:50 AM
Niya, I think only played the first part. There are several suspects to play and so far it is a long game.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 6, 10 4:23 PM
niya00 wrote:Well, played out of boredom, ok game but nothing spectacular. Didn't need to make up my mind to buy or not since I finished it within the trial period.

After purchasing and playing for several hours, my thought is you solved the first case only. I've solved somewhere between 5-7 now. The scenes repeat and the objects do not change location. The lists do vary somewhat though you will be finding some of the same objects each time you revisit a location. The victims, suspects, and murder weapons are what vary. Once you find 50 badges another mode unlocks in the main menu. Once you find 100 that's it they are no longer incorporated into the hidden object scene. There are trophy's to collect as well. I am enjoying the game even though I have to find the same objects a lot. I've had a chuckle at a few of the witnesses' statements.

Y'all have a great weekend.

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 6:02:04 PM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 7, 10 6:12 AM
Oh... I am so disappointed! This could have been a fun game if they had made it an IHOG and from satexasgirl's comments I would have been miffed if I had played longer and began revisiting scenes AND items remain in the same locations!? Wow, that was maybe acceptable to most of us players three years ago, but now we expect more, much more!

I just can't seem to get enthused about playing straight HOGs any more at all. I spent more time in the scenes hunting for something to interact with than I did looking for objects!!

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Nov 7, 10 9:12 AM
Uninstalled it after 20 minutes. Objects are waaaay to hard to find.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 7, 10 11:41 AM
Hi Shadow...I can see your point and I agree it can or could be a much better game. To clarify in case my comments above make it seem like you go to the exact same locations and have to find the same exact same things for each case. There are only so many locations to visit-USA has 3 with 2 scenes each Europe has 4 with two scenes each, and Africa has 1 with two scenes. The case starts with a victim being found murdered in one of the 16 scenes. Upon completing that scene you move to the victim's lair and investigate it. There are 16 different possible vicitms. Upon completing the lair a number of picture clues appear. Those are the countries/locations you need to visit. Some maybe obvious like a plane ticket that says New York or Nice on it. Others may be less so depending on one's knowldge of different countries/cultures. Upon completing both hidden object scenes in a country a witness comes forward with a statement, some of which are useless, others provide clues to the suspects identity. You have to get three of those clues in order to obtain a warrant to search the suspects lairs. Most of the cases I have played have it narrowed down to 2-3 suspects by that time. Their are 15 different suspects. (The 16th is the victim.) Each case also has some sort of forensic evidence to match what was left at the crime scene to the suspect. Those include so far: DNA, blood (not at all gory, just red blood cells), finger nail clippings, and something else, but can't recall right now. I have yet to play the exact same case and over again. So while there is quite a bit of overlap in the hidden object lists as well as locations each case is different enough to make it appealing. It would be a truly incredible game in my opinion if there were a few more locations and more objects. There are also several other game modes available once you find the 50 badges, but I haven't really looked in to those yet.

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 2:22:38 PM PST

Go to: