Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by Dafe2001 on Nov 13, 10 5:37 PM
Does anyone know if there is truly a new Ravenhearst coming out this 'Thanksgiving 2010" ? We are patiently waiting and would be excited to know if indeed one is set to release!!

Can't Wait any longer!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 14, 10 4:27 AM
Dafe2001 wrote:Does anyone know if there is truly a new Ravenhearst coming out this 'Thanksgiving 2010" ? We are patiently waiting and would be excited to know if indeed one is set to release!!

Can't Wait any longer!!
There is a new Mystery Case Files game coming out soon but it is not a Ravenhearst story. It is MCF 13th Skull. Here is a copy and paste link to the MCF fan website where you can see the game trailer.

http://www.mysterycasefiles.com/

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by morningdovehaven on Nov 16, 10 12:15 PM
Awesome! Great story line; great puzzles. Going to be hard to beat this one!

[Post New]by boomersailor70 on Dec 9, 10 5:54 AM
Great game and a great price. The USUAL HOGs have become sssoooooo boring. This is really great, a mix of adventure and HOG.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Dec 9, 10 10:37 AM
boomersailor70 wrote:Great game and a great price. The USUAL HOGs have become sssoooooo boring. This is really great, a mix of adventure and HOG.

Welcome to the pond boomersailor.

If you like this game, I'm sure you would like Dire Grove and 13th Skull as well

Games of the same series

WIJBER
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by WIJBER on Feb 12, 11 6:01 PM
Just finished the game. Enjoyed it very much. The MCF games are all good, at least the ones I have played are.

bhuju
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by bhuju on Feb 18, 11 5:08 AM
I bought this game recently. It seems I cant proceed after I have solved the kitchen puzzles. Is the game stuck here even after paying for it? If this problem persists I dont think I will ever go for any other game from big fish. This is my first game & will be my last game also.

bhuju
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by bhuju on Feb 18, 11 5:10 AM
I bought this game recently. It seems I cant proceed after I have solved the kitchen puzzles. Is the game stuck here even after paying for it? If this problem persists I dont think I will ever go for any other game from big fish. This is my first game & will be my last game also.

[Post New]by Cheekygurl on Feb 23, 11 8:50 AM
This is by far one of the best games I have played in a long time. The music is haunting and the graphics are excellent. The game seemed to go on forever. In addition, you would go back to the same scene to do a different search and since some of the scenes were really interesting, that was a plus. Great mixture of hidden objects and some truly challenging puzzles. The bad guys were genuinely creepy. If you are going to buy only a few games, this must be on your list!

kdgmc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by kdgmc on Mar 3, 11 10:13 AM
i agree with all of you, RtR is the very best i've ever played. i came back from work just thinking I HAD to play, could't wait. I tried 13th skull but do not like it so much. please give me advice about games as much as possible similar to return to ravensheart. thank you.

[Post New]by miltonhams on Mar 6, 11 9:21 AM
It's another rave review from me, right up there with Madame Fate as the best games of this genre.

The hidden object scenes are many and varied, and the artwork is intricate, well thought out and beautifully designed. The soundtrack fits well and complements the game perfectly. And the mini games are amazing - quite hard in places, which is a good thing as I hate whipping through games too quickly. Not the usual mini games, lots of thought has gone into these.

The storyline is excellent too, suitably creepy and macabre.

This game has so far kept me occupied for over seven hours and I am not quite finished, which is brilliant as most games of this type last around four hours for me and I always feel like there should be more content. This game is worth every penny and it feels more like a CE.

Well done MCF and Big Fish, may there be many more!

Edited on 03/06/2011 at 9:22:47 AM PST

Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Nissiah on Apr 2, 11 11:04 AM
This game set the standard for many, and it is my all-time favorite.

[Post New]by pamelliadncn on Apr 6, 11 2:38 PM
This is by far the hardest and most addictive game I've played since grade school and I am now in my mid 60's Thanks BIG FISH

[Post New]by kellbert on Apr 9, 11 10:20 AM
I loved return to ravenhurst!! The problem is, I now cant find a game as good as this. Anyone know of any?

[Post New]by lmarshall875 on Apr 9, 11 9:23 PM
Just finished the game. My thoughts are good and bad. Not sure why but the graphics didn't seem too sharp. Perhaps my screen is too big? But I hate playing games in anything but full screen. The background of my desktop just isn't something I want to see.. The puzzles were insanely difficult so I ended up skipping a ton which added about four-five hours on my playing time. And I also had a bug where I couldn't skip some so I had to look up a walk-through just to get thru them! I'm wondering if this is a bug that never got fixed or what?

I enjoyed the game but still not so sure why every time I read something in a forum everyone compares it to RTR? I've played all of the MCF games and seemed to like Dire Grove the most. Just so creepy when you see the fisherman frozen on the shack.

On the other hand, loved the length of the game for the price. Wish more iHOG games on here were that in depth!

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on Apr 18, 11 6:13 PM
Aaaaaahhh, The House That Love Built.... I often return to this Home Sweet Home of computer games.... it allows me to indulge my darker side!

A must for every collection !

[Post New]by KristyKris on Apr 20, 11 12:43 PM
THIS GAME IS MY FAVORITE !!! OF ALL TIME, ITS VERY INTERESTING AND ENTERTAINNING FUN !! IT'S A GAME TO KEEP,,

[Post New]by cary33 on May 15, 11 11:59 AM
Game very hard for me, did not understand, would not purchase.again.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Love the Elevator

[Post New]by technocratee on May 23, 11 4:19 AM
RTR is the best game ever. The kind of game you just can't put down. No game has matched it since. Great story, great game.
Played MFC Ravenhearst, afterwards, not as fun to play, but couldn't put it down cause I wanted to read the story.
Just wanted to say my favorite scene and gimmick was the elevator.
Anyone looking for similar good games, I loved Deadtime Stories, great graphics, great story, just too short, the Puppet Show series, same thing, great graphics, great story, just too short.

[Post New]by grammakim on May 30, 11 10:55 AM
I am stuck...is there a walkthrough available yet?

Go to: