Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by kecleland on Jan 19, 11 1:11 PM
LucyisBlue wrote:Once I solve the sun/star puzzle and find the opening to the secret passageway, I can no longer play the game. My computer always locks up and when I re-open the game and press "Start", I always get a black screen and my computer locks up again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm still having the same problem. I tried a different player name and started from the beginning and once I reached that point again, the same thing happened.

Grr!!!

Any suggestions?

this exact same thing is happening to me, which is extremely frustrating, I've tried everything and still no joy. If it doesn't get fixed I want my money back. Anyone had any success in fixing it?

csfig0669
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by csfig0669 on Feb 10, 11 1:55 AM
I'm on a Mac. I downloaded the game and went to play it. The intro screen cam up fine, but when I went to play the game it was only half of the screen. I unchecked full screen just to see what would happen and the screen went black, not even the intro showed up. I can hear it, but no picture. I uninstalled it, re-installed it, still a black screen. I've never had this type of problem with any games I've download on this Mac or my PC. I even recently downloaded The 13th Skull on the Mac and no issues.

I used a free game credit, so I'm not out-of-pocket, but if this game isn't going to work at all, perhaps I could use the credit on a different game that WILL work?

EDIT: Well, now I'm feeling kind of dumb. I got the game to work but only in small screen. With the game being a Hidden Object game, that really sucks for my poor eyesight. It was the only game I didn't test a trial version on first, too, because I never had any problems with MCF games in the past. Guess I'm out that hard-earned game credit. Hopefully they fix that so the game's not an entire loss.

Edited on 02/10/2011 at 2:11:43 AM PST

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 11, 11 12:13 AM
Hey, csfig!

That's a shame that the game's not working properly. Have you contacted Customer Support? They're really helpful and if they can't get the game working for you, they're pretty cool about refunding credits.

Good luck to you!

csfig0669
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by csfig0669 on Feb 11, 11 9:35 AM
Thanks for the tip. I pushed a bunch of buttons and somehow got the screen to come back up so I could check the full-screen box. It works, even if only half of my monitor displays the game. I'm trudging through it though my eyes hurt lol!

[Post New]by silverbf50 on Feb 20, 11 10:36 AM
After leaving the Ginger bread house and going to the side of the school the game stopped responding. Now all I get is just a blank black screen and an arrow key either pointing downward or the mouse arrow.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I still have the same problem. I expect to have to replay the game to this point. Please have the manufacturers check the game for bugs as it is my fear that replaying the game will have the same results.

[Post New]by holdenphantom on Feb 22, 11 11:27 PM
Hi there,
This is my first post and I hope someone can help. A friend of mine bought this game and it installs fine, they exit out of it and turn the computer off, when they turn the computer back on and go to play it again, it comes up with a script error on screen and they have to uninstall and reinstall the game to play again.

Please help

[Post New]by shannonsc65 on Mar 18, 11 1:52 PM
I can't seem to get the hidden object scene to obtain the screwdriver. Any suggestions? Thank You, shannonsc65

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 18, 11 2:30 PM
Then you're there too soon. You have to be looking for the R key and just about to open the third door before the screwdriver becomes available.

[Post New]by Buzby666 on Mar 30, 11 9:25 AM
kecleland wrote:
LucyisBlue wrote:Once I solve the sun/star puzzle and find the opening to the secret passageway, I can no longer play the game. My computer always locks up and when I re-open the game and press "Start", I always get a black screen and my computer locks up again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm still having the same problem. I tried a different player name and started from the beginning and once I reached that point again, the same thing happened.

Grr!!!

Any suggestions?

this exact same thing is happening to me, which is extremely frustrating, I've tried everything and still no joy. If it doesn't get fixed I want my money back. Anyone had any success in fixing it?

This is exactly what it's doing to me too!! Any suggestions?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 30, 11 10:24 AM
Hi Buzby666,

You might want to try contacting Tech Support (you can click on this link for more instructions) so that our reps can assist you with this. Thanks!
-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by joananita on Apr 5, 11 2:44 PM
estou na face 29 e não sei como sair ,não acho a letra R.onde ela esta?

pomconfi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by pomconfi on May 2, 11 12:31 PM
Hello,
I had weired thing happening.
when I first time played the game - everyhting was perfect. just little slow during the scenes with video. sound was normal but video and subtitles were TOO slow.

puzzle at the twins room with tiles which you have to turn and find match.
first time it was ok. BUT second time I had to skip because ..... it was a bag and many of the tiles were blanc

when I turned the tile if there were some pic - it turns back but if I turned tile and somehow it was blanc it was stayed blanc and didn't turned back. in fact there were no matches for them :-). there were stayed blanc until the end and I had to go over and over again.

I even restarted the computer... but it was the same bag. I think you should now about... I can't explain why because first time I played - everyhting was perfect...

What is the key to the weather Vein

[Post New]by ldytch3 on Aug 4, 11 10:09 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by pumpkytwothree on Aug 5, 11 11:45 AM
Hi, i bought this game couple days ago and when i tried to play it, it wont let me use the strategy guide but takes me back to billing page. i uninstalled and re-installed both the game and game manager twice thinking maybe it would help but it didn't. please help! ty

gyps
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by gyps on Sep 8, 11 11:51 PM

im lost...just bought the game got in the gate and i cant get the key from the cat ...anyone tell me what to look for....there is a mouse that would get the cat moving .....help me

[Post New]by maggymay2 on Sep 22, 11 8:03 PM
kecleland wrote:

Grr!!!

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by dlovejoy78 on Sep 28, 11 2:01 PM
This is getting really frustrating. I go the male statue in the garden and am supposed to get a screwdriver from the male statue through a hidden object scene. There is no sparkling area with the statue or anyplace else for that matter(got that from gamezebo). Where do i get the screw driver? I have uninstalled and installed the game 3 times and still get stuck. Any help?

[Post New]by Crystal_Wayne on Oct 3, 11 6:37 AM
I bought the game for my pc and downloaded it. When i try to play it windows pops up and it says...........................Where is "C ocuments and Settings\adrian. woods/ games.studios /MCFRavenhearst2/Source/data/game/script.cst"? It also wont close windows, i have to start my task manager to close it.
Does anyone have any idea what i should do? I've reinstalled and rebooted several times, i'm afraid that's all the knowledge i have lol Any help would be great!!

[Post New]by Craggz3231 on Oct 17, 11 10:31 AM
I just bought the full game but it only seems to be loading up to the passage in the fire place then nothing seems to happen any ideas?

bfglgp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bfglgp on Nov 27, 11 6:28 PM
I've entered the correct code (LEFTY) in the reception area of the hospital to enter the maternity ward, but it's not taking it. I tried resetting the initial letter to all As, and then entering the code, didn't work. I tried restarting the game. Still no good.

Windows 7x64

Go to: