gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove - Daily Deal

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 6, 10 1:56 PM
RainbowElf wrote:Well unlike others I do not really see what the hype is about when it comes to this game, I did not really care for it and will not be buying it.

I get a little iffy with games that involve you wandering around trying to find what you are doing, and there are no hints apart from coming out of the game to look at a walk-through.

The videos where a nice touch but I am getting sick of all of the horror about, I have anxiety disorders I do not need to be scared witless.

The sound effects where not intrusive and the hidden object/puzzles where of average difficulty.

If you like games where you wander around looking for the place to use your items, and you enjoy games that have a good storyline then choose this, as you can see above most people love it.
For me however this game is a no go.

Actually, I agree with you that the MCF games aren't *my* favorites. For one thing, I hate getting stuck. The CE with the strategy guide included was a tolerable enough solution for me to at least enjoy it. I mostly bought it (for 20 bucks, no less) out of curiosity about what all the rave reviews on the forums were about. However, for 3 bucks, I have no problem whatsoever recommending it.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 6, 10 5:08 PM
Tailteann wrote:
Laflamme wrote:Anybody not having this game yet? Well, for me it was the best of the series, and a must have. Only problem is, since this is a DD for the regular version, you will miss out on the morphing objects and the integrated extra levels - if you buy this just follow the walkthrough for the regular version to avoid confusion.

Do the morphing objects and integrated levels add all that much to the game play/atmosphere? It always sounds like the DR CE is has better CE features than most. I'd hate to miss out on anything worthwhile; but at this price it's so hard to resist!

Well, Tailteann, I think it gives you additional things to do. If you liked looking out for morphing objects in Madame Fate you will like them in this game too. If that's not your cup of coffee then take the normal / DD version. Additional levels is three (iirc) hidden object scenes that allow access to a secret room with one additional riddle and some drawings that give hints to MCF 7. Plus a strange phone call.

May not sound much, but I liked to retrace my steps in the walkthrough since I was stuck once or twice, and I'm a sucker for achievements, so I got a lot of mileage out of that too.

So, if you don't care for achievements, morphing objects or a handful of additional stuff, by all means, get this version. Like those, upgrade to the CE.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Nov 7, 10 7:31 AM
Laflamme wrote:
Tailteann wrote:
Laflamme wrote:Anybody not having this game yet? Well, for me it was the best of the series, and a must have. Only problem is, since this is a DD for the regular version, you will miss out on the morphing objects and the integrated extra levels - if you buy this just follow the walkthrough for the regular version to avoid confusion.

Do the morphing objects and integrated levels add all that much to the game play/atmosphere? It always sounds like the DR CE is has better CE features than most. I'd hate to miss out on anything worthwhile; but at this price it's so hard to resist!

Well, Tailteann, I think it gives you additional things to do. If you liked looking out for morphing objects in Madame Fate you will like them in this game too. If that's not your cup of coffee then take the normal / DD version. Additional levels is three (iirc) hidden object scenes that allow access to a secret room with one additional riddle and some drawings that give hints to MCF 7. Plus a strange phone call.

May not sound much, but I liked to retrace my steps in the walkthrough since I was stuck once or twice, and I'm a sucker for achievements, so I got a lot of mileage out of that too.

So, if you don't care for achievements, morphing objects or a handful of additional stuff, by all means, get this version. Like those, upgrade to the CE.

Thanks LaFlamme! I bought it yesterday and was glad to learn about upgrading to CE versions. I had no idea we could do that... ...I just might play both versions now!

Go to: