Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove technical issues here only

[Post New]by gamegirl007 on Nov 20, 11 6:58 PM
When I installed and played this game on a trial basis, everything worked great. Now that I have the full version, the game screen does not go full screen-- my Windows task bar remains visible at the bottom of my screen, and areas of the game screen is cut off, such as the game menu box for quitting/options, and the list of items when you go to find hidden objects. I have followed all the instructions in help, and went so far as to uninstall and reinstall the game. I've tried to change my screen resolution. But the problem persists.

[Post New]by CladdaghCottage on Nov 23, 11 1:59 PM
Played the CE version on iPad2 without any issues, stopped game after hidden object game in tent with glass bottle/vial... every gamer needs to sleep sometime.
Next day resume game right to end, only to realise glass bottle is not in inventory. Hidden object game cant be replayed. Can' t smash thermometer and get mercury without it. All 5 cryptic verses solved, and other 4 items in place.
I'm so very very close to finishing!!!

[Post New]by AmaniN on Nov 25, 11 6:28 AM
Got this game on my iPad, I managed to get the bolt cutters from the hidden objects game and now they are gone from my inventory and I cannot get into the museum.
Clearly a bug, and all I can do now is start all over again.....with mine and other issues raised, I am wondering what is going to happen and secondly why am I paying so much for these games......
Please sort out the bugs.........!!!!!

Broen
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Jack Hammer not in inventory :(

[Post New]by Broen on Nov 25, 11 8:07 PM
We have been playing this game for hours and just realized the jack hammer is not in our inventory and we cannot get the snow shoes. We have opened up the glove box in the students car and opened the trunk and played the "eye spy" game.

Any suggestions to get the jack hammer so that we don't have to restart the game?

cassie13232
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by cassie13232 on Nov 26, 11 6:54 AM
ok i did the demo it went fine then i got my game back from a long time ago cause i played it before then it starts not to show the whole thing on my screen i cant see the items and i cant see the book what do i do it worked fine in the demo does it become biger when you buy it or some thing

[Post New]by jsastarr on Nov 26, 11 11:40 AM
I got the orange crystal and the tongs from the museum in my inventory on 2 different walkthroughs of the game and then they spontaneously disappeared from the inventory. This is on my ipad loaded game... What is the problem and how do I solve it?

[Post New]by Pointsville on Nov 26, 11 1:55 PM
AmaniN wrote:Got this game on my iPad, I managed to get the bolt cutters from the hidden objects game and now they are gone from my inventory and I cannot get into the museum.
Clearly a bug, and all I can do now is start all over again.....with mine and other issues raised, I am wondering what is going to happen and secondly why am I paying so much for these games......
Please sort out the bugs.........!!!!!

I've got the same problem on iPad1 - Help.....

Broen
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Broen on Nov 27, 11 12:01 PM
Got through the entire game, all 5 objects in place and the Banshee turned into the Celtic girl and began talking AND the App quit, restarted my iPad and now, when I go back in to find out what happened it won't proceed. All 5 objects are still in place, word puzzles solved and there's nothing I can do to finish the game. So frustrating!

Any suggestions? I've already had to restart the game once because a glitch in my inventory and will not start over again. Fun game but not worth the headache.

[Post New]by AmaniN on Nov 28, 11 10:31 AM
Clearly there are issues, I am using an ipad2.

I have started the game again and this time I managed to keep hold of the bolt droppers, but low and behold the axe is now missing from my inventory and so I cannot cut the wood!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH I am loosing patience as there doesn't seem to be ANY posts from the developers with answers.....

FIX THESE BUGS PLEASE - you WILL loose customers as a result of doing nothing!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 28, 11 10:34 AM
AmaniN wrote:Clearly there are issues, I am using an ipad2.

I have started the game again and this time I managed to keep hold of the bolt droppers, but low and behold the axe is now missing from my inventory and so I cannot cut the wood!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH I am loosing patience as there doesn't seem to be ANY posts from the developers with answers.....

FIX THESE BUGS PLEASE - you WILL loose customers as a result of doing nothing!!!

This is a forum for other players.

[Post New]by AmaniN on Nov 28, 11 10:36 AM
It's a forum for technical issues........... I have so far raised 2.....and I am clearly not the only one.

[Post New]by AmaniN on Nov 28, 11 11:17 AM
Broen wrote:Got through the entire game, all 5 objects in place and the Banshee turned into the Celtic girl and began talking AND the App quit, restarted my iPad and now, when I go back in to find out what happened it won't proceed. All 5 objects are still in place, word puzzles solved and there's nothing I can do to finish the game. So frustrating!

Any suggestions? I've already had to restart the game once because a glitch in my inventory and will not start over again. Fun game but not worth the headache.

I also had the game crash, and it restarted my iPad2...

[Post New]by The_Doctor01 on Nov 29, 11 2:15 PM
Ok ive found a bug when I first started and opened this game it directly takes me to the front of the Hotel and it causes confusion for the game to let me progress further because it made me missed certain bits of things that I needed to do such as to get the rope to cross the gap in that area before you come to the live telephone wire. It wouldnt let me do anymore hidden objects spotting because of it jumped started and skipped some tasks.

So I had to create a new profile in-game and start off from scratch and now its working properly I was able to progress and finish the game.

Are you planning on making patches for your games because I dont want to encounter another problem like that again?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 29, 11 3:17 PM
Hey fishies!

If you're experiencing any technical issues with your iPad version of this game, please swim on over to the following help article for some great troubleshooting steps:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, I'd encourage you to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance. You can contact them by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Sheila1968 on Dec 17, 11 9:59 PM
I see I'm not the only one having problems with this game. I was able to play the demo just fine, but now that I have the full game, I can't see my inventory in order to use anything in my inventory. I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled, changed my resolution and everything, but still cannot see my inventory in order to advance.

[Post New]by SheenerWeens25 on Dec 22, 11 1:52 PM
biggerstfish wrote:this game is unbelievably slow on a power mac, especialy the video-parts

I have os 10.5 and 1.8 ghz prozessor, this means better than required. I am so frustrated, because I played the other mystery files without have any troubles.

do anyone know why it doesnt go on the PPC?

the collectors edition is listed as normal version, but when I try to download it, I become the massege it is only for intel-macs?! so what no, intel or non-intel?

yea the same thing happens to me to and i play it on my dell laptop.. like i get a good hour then it starts to get really slow.. to the point where i try to restart my laptop... sometimes it help and sometimes it doesnt.. good to know its not only me as well

[Post New]by dustylee on Dec 31, 11 6:40 PM
for some reason, I do not have a hidden object scene in the museum store after I read the red book. now I am totally stuck because it looks like I need that before I can move forward to find the last student

[Post New]by convery on Jan 5, 12 7:58 AM
The potato chips are not on the mantel in the hunting lodge. Any ideas on how to fix this. I'm unable to continue with the game

[Post New]by grammykng on Jan 31, 12 11:05 PM
i got thru the whole game but the bottle of mercury will not go on the top of stone so i cant finish game and see final scenes

[Post New]by BE4UCAN on Mar 29, 12 6:20 PM
March 29, 2012 I have bought the Mystery case files: Dire Grove game and cannot get it to go full screen. I cannot access my inventory or anything else to advance with the game. Please help!!!!

Go to: