mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jane Croft: The Baker Street Murder

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Nov 7, 10 4:38 AM
I had unlocked the bonus area by finding enough bullets without even trying... I think I was almost done with this overly easy straight HOG with annoying puzzles. It's a definite no buy for me. Maybe a few years ago... Back to Mystery Age: The Dark Priests. Now THERE'S a game!

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 7, 10 5:09 AM
After read these comments I am no even going to download. You fishes are usually right on with your comments.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 7, 10 5:13 AM
snoozanwillow wrote:Well I only got through 10 minutes into the demo before sighing and deleting this game. Bad graphics and game play in gerneral. Very easy to dind objects but what really got me was searching for the speed bag....lol I was searching for something quite different as I watch too much tv and not enough boxing it would seem. Not a buy for me and so glad we have the option to try before we buy as I would have been horrified if I had used my punch card credit on this game

ROFLOL!!!!!

[Post New]by spruce on Nov 7, 10 5:43 AM
Objects very clear and easy to find - so much so that I finished the main game and the bonus game with a minute to spare. Way too short!

[Post New]by becky1312 on Nov 7, 10 6:17 AM
am afraid to say i brought this game. wish I had not it was over very soon after the free trial and the bonus game lasts seconds. Feel very ripped off

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 6:17:32 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 7, 10 6:17 AM
Again, another HOG!!!!!. I almost fell asleep with this one. Click and find, click and find, yuk!!!! No buy for me.

bjcs319
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by bjcs319 on Nov 7, 10 7:13 AM
Sorry BF, but this is not a buy for me either. BORING!!!! I prefer HOG/Adventure or strategy. This game might be okay for beginners.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 7, 10 7:28 AM
I've actually managed to FINISH the game within the demo hour???????I didn't get the bonus game.....half the bullets I clicked on didn't go anywhere. The games ends very suddenly. I don't think I would go for this even for a DD.
The graphics were ok, the music got annoying after a while; I'm not a jazz fan. Some of the mini games could have used a bit more explanation for my taste. Lordy...... what were those devs thinking???

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Nov 7, 10 7:51 AM
I'm about to start the demo but I wanted to read the comments first. It's interesting how many of us(myself included)now find a straight HOG dull as old paint and now require either a FROG or interactive HOG to hold our interest!
Okay, now I have played 30 minutes of the demo and I agree with most of what's already been said about the game. Straight HOG with everything pretty much in junkpile mode. Graphics are muddy in places, story doesn't grab you like it should. Music was okay if you like jazz as I do. Puzzles fairly simple. Not a buy for me.

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 10:09:21 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 7, 10 8:12 AM
Wow!! That is three or four people who have finished the game within the demo hour! Holy cow!! You would think they would at least make enough HOG scenes that people couldn't play for free, huh?? DUH!!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Nov 7, 10 8:19 AM
Straight HOG. Very boring. Objects easy to find. When you click too many times, cursor falls to the bottom of the screen for about 2 seconds. Graphics amatuerish. Story so-so. I played 10 minutes of the demo, then deleted. Sorry, BFG, this is a for me. And I'm a huge HOG fan. But I like more of a challenge and there is none here.

Edit: Wow, finally made it to Lobster!

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 8:20:39 AM PST

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Nov 7, 10 8:36 AM
[removed by moderator] I'm also not going to purchase this game since it's too short and doesn't sound like my type.

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 3:53:31 PM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 7, 10 8:48 AM
tropdechats wrote:Nothing wrong with the game, just nothing special for me. I agree with Irishlou: if I had played this game three years ago, I would have enjoyed it very much. The graphics are intereting, the objects easy to find, the plot moves the story along. It is not the game's fault that my tastes have "matured." Still and all, a no-buy for me -- been there, done that.

It would be a great game for someone new to the genre.

So true - I think three years ago I would have lasted beyond the 10 minutes I gave this game. It's not just the interactive element - I love the dream day series which doesn't have a huge amount of IHOG - but I got the impression that random objects were thrown in to make you feel the game wasn't too short and you got your money's worth. I hate it when you may as well click on most of the objects in the scene. Spoiled rotten! We have such amazing games. For example, this game in NO WAY begins to measure up to the Edgar Allan Poe or Phantom. And these are the games I am buying now. I have a lot of games I thoroughly enjoyed when I started, but wouldn't contemplate playing them now.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Nov 7, 10 8:55 AM
This game is absolutely horrible. BFG should perhaps concentrate on giving us a good game once a week, rather than substandard ones every day. Not every game needs to be published.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Nov 7, 10 9:07 AM
I enjoyed this demo and simple HOG because the items to find were, well, different than the usual. Some oddball things I didn't know needed hint intervention. I liked the noir feel. Yes, lots of flaws that may distract some, but for a basic HOG it does its job and kept me entertained with numerous scenes to play.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 7, 10 9:29 AM
Although I don't usually like straight hogs I always give the demo a try. So I'm going along fine digging through the most amazing finds when what do I get asked to find? URINAL CAKES! Eeewwwee.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 7, 10 9:40 AM
Hi Fishies!

Thanks for getting this thread started! I'm going to go ahead and sticky this at the top of the Jane Croft: The Baker Street Murder Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Have fun!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by shelleyjg on Nov 7, 10 9:46 AM
No question about this one. It is absolutely the WORST game I have ever seen. The graphics are absolutely horrible, i didn't even need to look for object names, just click on the ones that stand out from the scene. Mini games give no instruction for play and you waste half your time waiting for the skip button to load. This is PITIFUL!!!!

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Nov 7, 10 10:08 AM
I agree with the comments here. This game just became too painful to play. As said before, this would have been fine several years ago but I'm so past playing this kind of game now. I tried to give it a chance and played for about 40 minutes but I was so bored I couldn't wait to get out of the game. The graphics are almost juvenile and the junk pile HOGS were something I don't like to play. I was at the point where I didn't even look at the list, I just started clicking objects to get it over with. A "no buy" for me.

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Nov 7, 10 10:19 AM
this is one of those " I did & wish I hadn't games" . not worth the 6.99
the graphics were to say the least amatuerish, but must say different,
storyline was kind of lame, I did like the option of being able to turn off the sound & music.
all in all this game was a "no brainer" a sleeper, great game if all one wants to do is to zone out & not think.

note: this is a game review thread, so lets not get personal toward other posters. Thanks

Go to: