karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

Re:Welcome to Fairway Solitaire forum

[Post New]by karolyneb on Dec 10, 09 10:38 PM
The main advantage of the downloadable version is that there are cheat powerups available for purchase. (well, and I find the voice actors are amusing)

Also, the online game doesn't appear to have the minigames (which isn't a huge loss but it breaks up the game a little bit).

I know that some of the courses are in a different order but do not know if there are more online or not.

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 10:40:25 PM PST

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Dec 23, 09 5:07 PM
I've really gotten into this game! But so far, I haven't found any way to buy extra cheats--unless you mean the clothing?

What's everyone's longest drive?

I enjoy the actors, too, and the course sounds. And, as someone who works alone in her home office, I do enjoy the applause! tee hee

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Dec 23, 09 5:18 PM
Mine wasnt very long, 243 feet only. I have managed to complete the game, better half has two courses to go.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Dec 23, 09 5:22 PM
Ah, you mean the measure-by-feet drive. I don't know mind. How about the "number of cards" drive?

I hated it when the gopher nailed me and all my goodies!

azoch
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by azoch on Jan 17, 10 11:57 AM
is anyone having trouble getting past the peppertree course. i have played it over 100 times and cannot get it to unlock or reach necessary 20,000. just get to 19,900.
sure love this game, would like to be able to get to the final course.
is there is new version to download, mine is almost two years old????

BUCKWHEAT1
Flounder
Flounder
2,106 Posts

[Post New]by BUCKWHEAT1 on Feb 10, 10 5:13 PM
I just loved this game! The sad part about it is, it doesn't work on my computor. I even called Big Fish and they told me that sometimes the games doesn't work on some computors. They were vere sweet to me because I had bought the game. They gave me a free credit. It pays to ask!!!
Tammy

[Post New]by lovlydora on Apr 11, 10 7:03 PM
I have been playing this game for about a month now....I find it very challenging...but i am stuck on Mystery Madness...can't seem to make the goal...has anyone pass this course...?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

HUH? Successfully did it BUT

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 20, 10 1:27 PM
Hi Folks

I am VERY confused ; I have played the Cove Town course 2x now with the first time listing me as being +6 and it states that a person must finish this course at +2 OR BETTER to unlock West Lake but it WON'T unlock the next course

I then thought that maybe the score had to be +2 or better on the very LAST round of the course -- which surprisingly I did at +2 -- but it STILL WON'T unlock the West Lake golf course!

Any ideas as to why the game won't let me continue on to the next golf course?

MEnr56

P.S. I have to admit that this card game (which I almost did not buy because I have the Hoyle Solitaire Game) is VERY addictive and quite fun -- it makes you look and to strategize.

P.S.S. To someone who wanted to know how to get the 20-length long drive in a round to unlock the next course -- use the golf clubs to extend the shot.

Edited on 05/20/2010 at 1:28:52 PM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 20, 10 1:42 PM
+2 or better, meaning in golf terms, so that means +2 is the highest the score should be. Ideally, your score should be +1, par, -1, -2, -3 (etc).

Stupid golf hahahaha

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 21, 10 2:55 PM
Hi Folks

After playing this course a couple times more, it finally let me through but I had an "under par" score so I just said fine and moved on; I figured that -- since I know NOTHING about golf -- that +2 had to have some kind of relation to under par scores.

My BIGGEST problem right now is another course (2 or 3 courses down, it's in the jungle - Amazon, if I remember right) and in order to unlock the next course, a person has to get a long drive of 18; I get 16, 17 but yet have I gotten 18 and the very last time I played last night before having to shut down and go to work -- I'd played the long drive and then ADDED 2x to THAT long drive more long drives and actually used ALL my golf clubs and I STILL get only 17.

I presume that 18 is possible but at this moment in time, I am not understanding how; will keep trying, though because I REALLY like this silly game.

MEnr56

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 21, 10 3:59 PM
Are you using your clubs in your golf bag when you try to make the long drives? That's the only way that I can make them. And I had a hard time making 12! But with the clubs in the golf thingy, I think 18 should be reachable.

I love this game!

[Post New]by deltachuck on May 24, 10 5:35 AM
This game is addicting. I love it! I bought it as the deal of the week and can lose time playing it. Great game!!!!

[Post New]by HappyPlayer4ever on May 28, 10 5:59 PM
How can I get pass the Mohave section? For I been trying to get 16 or better and I can't.

confused golfer

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 6:02:16 PM PST

[Post New]by nascargrl8899 on Jun 6, 10 9:44 PM
I am stuck on Cove Town. It says I have to have a drive of 15 or more. I have managed 10. I tried to use the clubs, but no luck there. Any ideas???

[Post New]by keepitsimpstupid on Sep 1, 10 3:09 PM
[/b]Hi.. I was wondering what happened to Big Sea games..???? I can only D/L now.. I would rather play that online.. And is there any chnace they will come out with Fairyway 2? That would be great if they did.. I miss playing the online version..

Thanks[b]

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Oct 28, 10 10:01 PM
I honestly don't see the point of trying to play solitaire when this game is more about golf, which is one sport that I don't like at all. I like almost any other sport. Why can't someone come up with as really good solitaire game?? I would love to have one if there was good information on how to play it was provided. A lot of the ones I have seen here and elsewhere just assume you know how all the various types of solitaire function.

[Post New]by maribethp on Oct 29, 10 1:44 PM
CAn someone please tell me how I can learn to play? I do not understand the scoring. I do not understand the purse. Please help cause the basic premise is fun, but so confusing and unclear with no help.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Oct 29, 10 8:15 PM
Hi Meribethp

I'm new to Fairway Solitaire myself. It's quite addictive, and you can still enjoy the game without golfing knowledge. I don't have much, but I'll tell you what I know and hopefully it can help you until someone comes along who is more knowledgeable!

Each golf course has 9 "levels", a few have 18 "levels". Each of those levels is a "hole". PAR is the number of strokes taken to complete that hole. A new stroke is when you start a new run. So if the level indicates PAR 5, the hole can be completed in 5 runs.

The only part of scoring I understand is that minus scores means you have finished the hole under par. Plus scores means you have finished over par and a zero means you have finished equal to par. I don't know which of these are assigned to Eagles, Birdies and Bogeys!

As you play you will collect numbered golf clubs. You can add these to your cards to make longer runs, but it would be advisable to keep as many of them as possible. Some of your objectives require a long run to unlock the next course.

The money you earn can be used to buy items from the golf shop. These are like power-ups. I haven't got many of these yet.

Anyhow, I hope this has helped you in some way.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Oct 29, 10 8:25 PM
Lyndy's got all the pertinent points, but I can fill in a few things:

NEGATIVE scoring is good!

Getting a PERFECT score (clearing all the cards) will get you at least a birdie, but you can get up to a triple eagle, depending on the difficulty level of the "hole".

Par = meeting the goal of the "hole" (one set of cards)
Birdie = one under par (-1)
Eagle = two under par (-2)
Double Eagle = three under par (-3)
Triple Eagle = four under par (-4) <--This is rare!

If you get dealt a really bad set of cards, the worst you can do on a hole is +5 (even if you're actually +12)

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 8:25:38 PM PST

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Oct 30, 10 11:42 AM
Thanks, Genkicoll. Your posts here have clarified things. I used to think that an objective with a +12 or better meant I would win with a +22 final score, lol. Confused when I had to start the course again. Now I know that better means less, not more!

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 3:53:48 PM PST

Go to: