Re:The updated Mac version of Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition is here

[Post New]by SweetEGS on Nov 15, 10 11:01 AM
ok... read all the safe combo stuff.... but i only use my mac tacking pad, every time i release it goes back to 0... cannot double click... help please.

Re:The updated Mac version of Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition is here

[Post New]by SweetEGS on Nov 15, 10 11:20 AM
thanks okeechobee... but tried all of those things. even live chat and they told me without a mouse i'm s-o-l ! lol! but they are crediting me with a coupon for further purchases. very nice of them! guess they just need a little more mac education... it'll get better as more and more people switch to macs.

lynettewa
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:The updated Mac version of Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition is her

[Post New]by lynettewa on Nov 15, 10 3:31 PM
same here with the bloody safe

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:The updated Mac version of Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition is her

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 16, 10 5:22 PM
SweetEGS wrote:ok... read all the safe combo stuff.... but i only use my mac tacking pad, every time i release it goes back to 0... cannot double click... help please.

You don't have to double click. Click, move to the correct number, let go. Go in other direction for next number, etc. Works for me.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 16, 10 5:46 PM
I'm with vingilot. And I'm using a MacBook, no mouse. If it's tracking back to "0" then you did not release it in the proper location. Keep trying and turn it to a slightly different location on the dial. When you release the button and it stays on the number without dialing back to "0" you've hit the sweet spot!

[Post New]by dexonsbabe on Nov 17, 10 2:31 PM
my problem is trying to get the 2nd jewel for the eagle statues eye.....cant find it anywhere

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Nov 17, 10 3:04 PM
Melvinite wrote:Well I am one disappointed customer... after waiting for ages for the Mac fix, I eagerly play the game and find myself continually being booted out of the game as I am trying to install the wrench machine without the belt in the attic in novella 1. Anyone else with this problem? Or is it just me? I don't really want to keep starting a new profile and cover old grounds again!

I have the PC version and did not get booted out of the game. I did find something tricky with the winch machine in the attic. Do not assemble the winch until you have all of the parts, including the belt. If you try to do it in two steps, you will find that the winch machine is no longer accessible to be worked on. You need to use the same belt you used in the basement for the dumb-waiter. If you can't operate the winch, you are stuck in Novella 1 with no way to play to the end other that start with a new profile. I know because I played this novella before and completed it with no problem. So I thought about it and realized I had played slightly differently the 2nd time.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 17, 10 3:09 PM
dexonsbabe wrote:my problem is trying to get the 2nd jewel for the eagle statues eye.....cant find it anywhere

Hi dexonsbabe,

Please check out my answer to your post here.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on Nov 21, 10 5:53 PM
dexonsbabe wrote:my problem is trying to get the 2nd jewel for the eagle statues eye.....cant find it anywhere

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/108937.page

This is a glitch as you can read here. If you missed it the first time and you go back, the sarcophage won't open and if you want to finish the game you must start all over again.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:The updated Mac version of Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition is he

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 21, 10 8:35 PM
Riquelme wrote:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/108937.page

This is a glitch as you can read here. If you missed it the first time and you go back, the sarcophage won't open and if you want to finish the game you must start all over again.

This is puzzling because it was indeed a known glitch in the PC version of the game which required an updated version (see this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/111113.page). So I don't understand why in the world they wouldn't have fixed it for this new Mac rebuild. For cryin' out loud. Btw, I did not encounter this problem, but feel for you folks who did.

Janice100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Janice100 on Nov 23, 10 11:32 AM
As I understand it, by uninstalling and reinstalling, I will have to start the game over on my Mac? Really?!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 24, 10 6:23 PM
Janice100 wrote:As I understand it, by uninstalling and reinstalling, I will have to start the game over on my Mac? Really?!

Nope. Uninstalling the game does not delete your preference profile. After you reinstall, the game should start you at the same place you stopped playing.

[Post New]by bludwoman on Jan 14, 11 2:15 PM
I'm having the same issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

Go to: