Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Welcome to A Magnetic Adventure forum

[Post New]by Lauralei on Nov 10, 10 11:54 AM
For fishies looking for entertaining puzzle games that are challenging in a fun way, I'd recommend you take a look at ''World of Goo'' and ''Nanda's Island''. They'll keep you busy for hours and hours. Both are good length with nice graphics.

World of Goo blew me away! Beautiful, beautiful music and fun puzzles. There are ''how to's'' and demonstrations at Youtube so you'll never get stuck. I remember I needed help with one near the end. Over at Youtube, it looked like I wasn't the only one. There were a number of solutions, lots to play around with. Loved all the comments especially, ''Dude, you're a genius! I never would have thought of that.'' And, you know, it was ingenious...and it worked! So, I was able to finish it. Nothing like a having bunch of kids over at Youtube as your ace in the hole!

Nanda's Island was really good too.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 10, 10 12:51 PM
so for any that have bought,,,,how short is it...i love it but not if i only have a half hour or hour after the demo.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 10, 10 1:38 PM
Clammy79 wrote:I am really enjoying this game, but I am stuck on the slipgate. skip button would be good or better hints please. and if anyone can help with the slip gate I ould be very greatful
thanks
If you go to the main menu and find which puzzle you are working on it will show a name when you put your cursor over it. If you can post the name of the puzzle I might be able to help you.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 10, 10 1:43 PM
Lauralei wrote:For fishies looking for entertaining puzzle games that are challenging in a fun way, I'd recommend you take a look at ''World of Goo'' and ''Nanda's Island''. They'll keep you busy for hours and hours. Both are good length with nice graphics.

World of Goo blew me away! Beautiful, beautiful music and fun puzzles. There are ''how to's'' and demonstrations at Youtube so you'll never get stuck. I remember I needed help with one near the end. Over at Youtube, it looked like I wasn't the only one. There were a number of solutions, lots to play around with. Loved all the comments especially, ''Dude, you're a genius! I never would have thought of that.'' And, you know, it was ingenious...and it worked! So, I was able to finish it. Nothing like a having bunch of kids over at Youtube as your ace in the hole!

Nanda's Island was really good too.
I have posted video solutions and walkthroughs on youtube for several puzzle games and I am a 63 year old kid.

[Post New]by WraithGhost on Nov 10, 10 10:52 PM
There is a way to skip.... on the map u can choose another totem to use, but eventually u will need the totem u skiped.

[Post New]by starlightsaffron on Nov 11, 10 4:23 AM
LizzieK wrote:
Clammy79 wrote:I am really enjoying this game, but I am stuck on the slipgate. skip button would be good or better hints please. and if anyone can help with the slip gate I ould be very greatful
thanks
If you go to the main menu and find which puzzle you are working on it will show a name when you put your cursor over it. If you can post the name of the puzzle I might be able to help you.

I'm stick on 'get the map' I just can't see how to hit the red button at the bottom, can't see how mto get the key round to it...aggghhhh

[Post New]by starlightsaffron on Nov 11, 10 4:41 AM
its not get the map its the one after, where the totem looks like a cghinese house thingy

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 12, 10 3:17 AM
starlightsaffron wrote:its not get the map its the one after, where the totem looks like a cghinese house thingy

Hi starlightsaffron,

I wish I could help you but all of the totems look like chinese house thingys to me. If you can post the name of the puzzle you need help with someone will be able to give you an answer.

Good luck!

[Post New]by jerseygirl2261 on Nov 12, 10 6:57 PM
HOGs HOGs HOGs and as someone else said, "even under puzzle and brainteaser categories ~ an HOG is an HOG, after all, no matter if it does include"
However a better hint system would have been welcome with this game.

[Post New]by Bluemoonstarship on Nov 13, 10 11:05 AM
I have two computers. One running Windows 7 and the other XP. The game was written for XP, but it woill not work on my XP computer (just flashes and jumps,, freezing, and can only get out with ctr- alt- delete) It works fine on Windows 7. Any ideas what could cause this on the XP computer? All other games work fine.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 13, 10 1:59 PM
Bluemoonstarship wrote:I have two computers. One running Windows 7 and the other XP. The game was written for XP, but it woill not work on my XP computer (just flashes and jumps,, freezing, and can only get out with ctr- alt- delete) It works fine on Windows 7. Any ideas what could cause this on the XP computer? All other games work fine.

I am playing this game on Windows XP and it works fine. But I have installed a Nvidia video card and am using that rather than the video chip on the mother board that the computer came with. Your XP machine may not have enough dedicated video memory if it is using a video chip.

You can do a DXDIAG to see how much dedicated video memory is on your machine.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Nov 13, 10 6:02 PM
I was bored - just finished the new Avenue Flo "which was great" game so I came here to see if anything new was happening. Came across this game under Strategy so thought I'd look to see if anyone was responding. To my delight - lots of people were talking about this game even though I never saw it come up in BF.

I'll give it a try.

dbe97
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dbe97 on Dec 1, 10 8:06 AM
it does not tell you how many levels there are and the map was confusing as to what you had and had not done.iiii i downloaded the trial and loved the game, so at the end bought it.....1 hour and 15 mins later i had completed it..... what a rip off.....im not a geniuse by any means and my partner tried the game and stuggled with some of the levels..............but i do expect at least a weeks worth of fun for my $6.99..... would demand a refund if i knew who to ask....and as some one said earlier.............sparse pickings on BF AT MO. THATS ONLY REASON I DOWNLOADED THIS GAME............IF I ENJOYED HIDDEN OBJECTS GAMES I WOULD BE AS HAPPY AS A PIG IN MUCK AS THERE ARE LOADS......most with the same pics of objects may i add.....you played one hidden object game you played them all.....

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Dec 4, 10 11:47 AM
If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything I can do,
Just call on me, and I be there!
(hopfully with a trick or two , no give aways)

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Dec 4, 10 11:48 AM
If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything I can do,
Just call on me, and I be there!
(hopfully with a trick or two , no give aways)

[Post New]by 3onon8daga2 on Jan 7, 11 4:40 AM
WraithGhost wrote:There is a way to skip.... on the map u can choose another totem to use, but eventually u will need the totem u skiped.

[Post New]by 3onon8daga2 on Jan 7, 11 4:43 AM
How does one "choose another totem"
I am at *a-maze-ing* and can get no further.

[Post New]by Timmy_dev on Jan 9, 11 11:51 PM
3onon8daga2, you could choose only totem-levels in circles after you have done tutorial. The level 'a-maze-ing' is the tutorial level, which you couldn't skip. Try to complete it! You could find walkthrough video at youtube...

[Post New]by missbexxy on Mar 27, 11 8:16 AM
I just can't do circle 5. Please help me.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 2, 11 3:16 PM
missbexxy wrote:I just can't do circle 5. Please help me.
There are video solutions for all of these puzzles on youtube.

Go to: