lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Legend of the Golden Tome

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Nov 10, 10 11:51 AM
Well, match 3 is not my usual genre of game play, but this one is a mix of HOG and match three. On occasion I will give a match three game a try. For me, this game is not challenging enough, which is what I find with most match three games. The HOG feature however is somewhat challenging. Actually, it is a mix of challenging and not, with some objects easier to find then others, but still, not challenging enough for me to purchase.

As far as the game graphics, I thought they were nice, and the music pleasant, although, not always very Celtic or Irish sounding, which I love. I love Celtic folklore as well, and thought the dialogue nice, but nothing real interesting in regards to being educational (not that it has to be for a game, but would be nice).

I did not experience any game glitches in general, but did notice that if I turned down the music and sound volumes, they still blasted loudly at times, but that definitely could be an issue with my PC sound codecs or something, and not a game feature flaw... hmmm, don't really know.

All and all, I think it is a very pleasant game for those who are big fans of match three, and like a mix of simple to more difficult object hunting. Like I mentioned, I do purchase match three games every now and then, especially if they have a more challenging twist to them, but this one is just not challenging enough for me.

In any case... Happy Gaming All!

Edited on 11/10/2010 at 11:57:13 AM PST

bever55
Clownfish
Clownfish
604 Posts

[Post New]by bever55 on Nov 10, 10 12:14 PM
Thanks for all the reviews. Just knowing its timed means it's a pass for me.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Nov 10, 10 1:22 PM
I've only played half an hour of the demo so far and I am enjoying this game. The M3 tiles are a nice size, with none of the glow and glitter that can often hurt my eyes. The power-ups, which you need to bring down to the bottom, are carried over to other levels if not used. Some items in the hidden object levels can be hard to find. Nice graphics, pleasant music and voice over. I don't mind a timer at all! This is feeling like a buy to me.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Nov 10, 10 1:54 PM
Beautiful game, wonderful artwork, loved the voice, music and premise but the match play killed my hand and the fuzzy (atmospheric) graphics in the HOG levels killed my eyes. Too bad, so sad, would have loved it otherwise.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 10, 10 2:35 PM
Cute game but it's another Match 3 game which I find rather easy and get bored doing them Where are the HOG's and IHOG's?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 10, 10 4:20 PM
daisyduck352 wrote:Cute game but it's another Match 3 game which I find rather easy and get bored doing them Where are the HOG's and IHOG's?

Supposedly one is coming tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Nov 10, 10 4:41 PM
I will probably play the trial because I do like a good match 3 game, however, this one doesn't sound too appealing. Of course everyone's taste is different. For those that do like match 3, try Emerald Tale. I think it is an old game but I just came across it and love it. It is quite different and a long game. Some that don't like match 3 might just like this one. Try it.

Also, has anyone heard rather there will be a sequel to Love and Death Bitten? I also like a good HOG.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Nov 10, 10 7:59 PM
Hi all......first, thanks very much GoofyDuck and other members for your reviews. I check them every day and they have been extremely helpful to me. Also, the time and energy spent by you in reviewing these games is VERY appreciated. I really do rely on your commentary, as well as others. Today is a great example of a time saver as I could tell immediately I was not interested in even downloading just to take a look I don't know about the rest of our friendly gamers here, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm inundated with purchased games that I haven't really played yet, much less finished. I am on a quest to modify my game purchasing habits. My favorites are all types of HOG's for the fun and challenge and good match 3's for just plain relaxing. I realize this isn't a review/comment on a game, but felt the need to pop in and try to participate a bit more

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 10, 10 10:21 PM
spruce wrote:I agree with everything you said here except for the 'sliding' swaps, which worked fine for me. I also find it a tad annoying to have to click on each tile individually and would have quit almost immediately if that had been the case.

The sliding swaps didn't work for me and that is a fatal flaw. The game would be deadly in the harder levels without being able to slide swap. I would have bought the game if it wasn't for that....too bad, it would have been fun...

Edited on 11/10/2010 at 10:21:52 PM PST

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Nov 10, 10 11:38 PM
10 minutes into the game and I give up. I can't figure out what the first hidden object scene wants me to do. When I click on the hint button, nothing happens. I would assume that means I've collected everything, but since I can't progress any further, there must be something else going on. No hints, no help, no buy.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Nov 11, 10 7:53 AM
I enjoyed the 1 hour demo but that was enough for me. The reasons;
1. way too tiny hard to find objects combined with a slow hint system
2.also not able to slide tokens in the match 3 part which became annoying
3.match 3 part did not have a relaxed option

I did appreciate the attractiveness of the game, the background music and the character of Aidan. For those people who like their games more challenging than I do, this might be a good fit.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Nov 14, 10 1:33 PM
This is for a 10 year old kid - very boring.

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Nov 14, 10 5:08 PM
James_Kit wrote:You can drag in this game, but you have to do it instantly after clicking on tile. If you start to wonder if you'd like to move it up or down or to sides then it doesn't let you drag the piece.

HOG scenes are very so-so. Didn't like them.

Music is nice.

Background art and story is very good... but pieces are sooo dull. I like the ones from Woodville much more.

That's good information about dragging (I guess that's sliding, right?). Sometimes it worked and sometimes not. I liked this game at first and did buy it. But it's sort of like the Atlantis games from some time ago. I'm in the 5th crystal and it's getting to be harder and harder and is now so hard that I'm almost certainly not going to finish it. I agree with others who say that they don't like match 3 games that get to be this hard. I think challenging is good but mostly I want to relax and games this difficult I don't care for. I'll play until I lose my lives but then you lose your score and your bonuses so that makes it impossible.

Edited on 11/14/2010 at 5:12:43 PM PST

[Post New]by mswat1 on Nov 16, 10 3:34 PM
can you really win this game?

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Nov 16, 10 4:02 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I like the storyline. Then again...I'm a sucker for anything with the word Druid in it. Helps that they used the old spelling and pronunciation for the names.

I'm with everyone else on the HOG scenes. Because you're mostly cleaning up areas to make them brighter, they are naturally hazy. That's just not cool. HOG's are a challenge by design. I will give them credit for sticking with objects that one would expect in the scenes for the time period.

The Match 3 game is fun but the difficulty suddenly shifts up on the next to last segment and way up on the last segment. I have yet to work my way through the last segment. It's difficult enough that the game either needs an untimed mode or leave off the lives.

My biggest gripe is the music, particularly when you get to the last 2 segments. I've tried turning it down on the options window, but can't get it to so I have to turn my computer speakers down. On those last 2 segments the whistle music gets so whiny that it gives me a headache. Change the music now and then, don't just freaking loop the same phrases over and over and over again.

[Post New]by amanda021174 on Nov 18, 10 1:13 AM
I liked the game pretty good. I didn't like the HOG part though (I'm not much on HOG's) Getting the last crystal is a bit hard. When I got the last crystal I had 11 lives and a few powerups left. Now Im at the part where you have to "allign" the crystals with the stones to open the door, and now I get stuck. How do you open that door?

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Nov 24, 10 8:30 PM
This is a beautiful match 3 and HOG game. I love the fact that this has a respected Druid story. I only played the demo but I am planing to buy the full version.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 8, 11 9:42 PM
The graphics are very nice.The gameplay is M3 with some HOG. Thre are 60 levels. The game has a very nice narrator. The hint recharges and is infinite during the HOG, but it takes a bit of time. There is a penalty for clicking as your cursor becomes a padlock and won't move for a bit. The game is rather easy and the timer never caused me a problem. Only one did I recieve a message about being half way on the timer. If you get match 5s you get extra time.

This game is an A-.

Legend of the Golden Tome last level

[Post New]by MARTEL56 on May 13, 12 7:06 AM
Searched forums but no posts. I line up all the crystals, arrows and outside wheel all are lit up but it never ends. HELP please.

Go to: