Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Nov 12, 10 3:11 PM
I finished the game and I really liked it. It was easy in the beginning but it became more difficult as the levels went. It made me think and it was not at all boring. I was stuck a couple of times but I got help from other fishies. A great game.

[Post New]by lady_light on Nov 12, 10 7:01 PM
This was a really fun and refreshing game. Hope to see many more like it, was getting a little tired of dark scenes that I can't even see anything let alone find anything and the themes for the most part are very oppressive I think. What a nice change.

MrsClock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by MrsClock on Nov 14, 10 7:31 PM
I have to say I think this is my absolute favorite game on Big Fish. I have bought about 50 or so games from Big Fish, and this is the #1 for me. I LOVE this game and hope the creators read all of these comments and are encouraged to make more games like this one.
AWESOME!!!!!!!

MrsClock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by MrsClock on Nov 14, 10 7:33 PM
I have to say I think this is my absolute favorite game on Big Fish. I have bought about 50 or so games from Big Fish, and this is the #1 for me. I LOVE this game and hope the creators read all of these comments and are encouraged to make more games like this one.
AWESOME!!!!!!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 15, 10 7:22 PM
asthenia wrote:This game was fantastic! I just loved it. Not too hard, so you get stuck, but not too easy either. I was addicted immediatley. Too bad it wasn't longer This is the kind of game that could have had 200 levels and you'd never get bored!

Does anyone have any tips on other games like this? I want mooore!!

As far as I know, this game is pretty unique. The closest gameplay I can think of is Baby Drive, but that one is a whole different aesthetic and more difficult overall.

For other brain-cog-moving puzzle games with different gameplay, but a more similar relaxed feel to them, one of my very favorites is Pathstorm.

I also like TangleBee. Bato: Treasures of Tibet is less of a puzzle challenge, but nice aesthetics and nice gameplay mechanics. Gemsweeper is a fun puzzle game. Crazy Eggs is a bit different. CosmoLines is one of my longtime favorites (- a match 3 variation), but it's only the later levels of puzzle mode that I actually like and replay a lot. I got Destiny Architect as a daily deal - it's weird and not many instructions, but I ended up liking it quite much. Puzzle City was another daily deal that I ended up liking. Incredible Express is a bit daunting because the trains keep moving, but it's different and not as difficult as it seems.

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 7:38:59 PM PST

bluesruley2k
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by bluesruley2k on Nov 18, 10 1:11 AM
Started off awesome but then just got totally ridiculous! Don't waste your time on this one!

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Nov 20, 10 2:08 PM
Seems like a fun game. Once I got past the first couple levels, however, I had to "grab" each item anywhere from 5-50 times to get the magnet to move it. Then it usually only moved a little and I had to grab it again. Also took several attempts to get to the menu as the dropbox flashed and disappeared before I could click "restart" or "main menu". I tried in windowed mode as others have mentioned but the game just froze every time I tried that, no control of the cursor at all.

I have up to date software and current drivers. I'm getting very tired of these games (like the last couple FF games) that don't seem to work for some people no matter what they try.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 20, 10 2:14 PM
mbmb6868 wrote:Seems like a fun game. Once I got past the first couple levels, however, I had to "grab" each item anywhere from 5-50 times to get the magnet to move it. Then it usually only moved a little and I had to grab it again. Also took several attempts to get to the menu as the dropbox flashed and disappeared before I could click "restart" or "main menu". I tried in windowed mode as others have mentioned but the game just froze every time I tried that, no control of the cursor at all.

I have up to date software and current drivers. I'm getting very tired of these games (like the last couple FF games) that don't seem to work for some people no matter what they try.
I had the same problem on many games because I had a video chip with only 64mb of dedicated memory. I bought a new video card on Amazon for about $50.00 and installed it myself and I can now play all of the games. Video cards are usually much better for games than video chips because they have more memory.

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Nov 23, 10 8:29 PM
Just finished the demo.
I agree with you: it is a fun game. I don't need the fireworks though.
BUT having done half in 60 minutes it is a no buy for me.

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Nov 26, 10 12:41 PM

This is just the coolest game I often wonder what sick, twisted, brilliant minds are behind the making of games and I'd really like to go out for a cup of coffee with
whoever(s) made this one. It's like playing chess with someone who is just toying with you. The first few were so easy I thought how kind of childish the game was and then BAM! I'm still sitting here for half a day trying to figure out one I'm so so stuck on. The whole game is very clever, inventive and the graphics are clean and realistic.

As an aside, you have no idea how impossible the puzzles get after you've taken your sleeping pill for the night and then refuse to actually go to bed because you're having too much fun playing this. Not that I've done that ...

This is great for getting your brain to think and I agree with a lot of others that it's a terrific change from the usual hidden object-puzzle stuff.

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Dec 4, 10 6:32 AM
This is a great game for puzzle gamers and all those who are tired of HOGs, Marble Poppers & Match 3. It's like a breath of fresh air awakening your mind...if you like it, you'll realize you still have some brain matter left and this is a good thing! I read other reviews where some fish were saying it was a little hard on their hands. My response would be just to take it a little slower...finess always works in life and games too.

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 6:32:38 AM PST

unducky
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by unducky on Dec 6, 10 9:35 AM
this game was real fun. my husband and kids actually came over and played too!

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Dec 12, 10 1:10 PM
peglegann wrote:I tried this for a little while, as I was desperate to try a new game this week. Sorry folks, but it seems like a childrens game. My grandchildren would love it.
Enjoy all that buy it.

If little kids can solve these puzzles...then I'm far stoooopider than I thought I was!
Granted the 1st few are simple...but that's just to suck you in with a false sense of personal brilliance, then the logic/puzzle of the game begins! Granted, a few in-between levels are simple, just to keep you playing, then wham... they toss in a bunch of tough ones.
Loving the challenge, fun game - and it is definitely a break from the norm.
I say give it a try if you enjoy puzzles requiring a bit of logic and strategy. Simple gameplay, but will definitely get your brain a-buzzin!

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Dec 12, 10 1:18 PM
JadedBlonde wrote:
This is just the coolest game I often wonder what sick, twisted, brilliant minds are behind the making of games and I'd really like to go out for a cup of coffee with
whoever(s) made this one. It's like playing chess with someone who is just toying with you. The first few were so easy I thought how kind of childish the game was and then BAM! I'm still sitting here for half a day trying to figure out one I'm so so stuck on. The whole game is very clever, inventive and the graphics are clean and realistic.

As an aside, you have no idea how impossible the puzzles get after you've taken your sleeping pill for the night and then refuse to actually go to bed because you're having too much fun playing this. Not that I've done that ...

This is great for getting your brain to think and I agree with a lot of others that it's a terrific change from the usual hidden object-puzzle stuff.

Hey JadedBloned -
Just read your post, right after I posted mine I thought I'd back-track and see what everyone else was posting about this game....WOW, it's like we discussed what we were going to say.... spoooooky!
Must be a mind-meld thing goin' on here in the pond...YIKES!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 29, 10 4:29 AM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is logic based as you are a magnetic and it's your job to get things where they belong. Sound easy? It is and it isn't. This game is challenging in parts. The game is about 4-5 hours long depending on how fast you solve the puzzles.

This game is an A.

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Jan 7, 11 4:23 AM
If you like A Magnetic Adventure for it's physics, you may also like Nanda's Island!

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on Jun 11, 11 2:53 PM
NOT for anyone with carpal tunnel problems. My hands quit working on the 4th game despite my wearing wrist braces. Would be an interesting game if it weren't causing damage to my hands and forearms. I'm certainly NOT going to buy something that cripples me!

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Sep 17, 11 12:34 PM
Great game. Some of the puzzles are very challenging. Just keep in mind that all of them can be solved, so keep trying things. Just finished and, while I didn't have much trouble with the last one, the one before that had me scratching my head!

If you like puzzles that take logical reasoning and trial and error to solve, you will love this one. NOT a kids game! (Maybe some of the earliest levels.)

I suggest you try the demo and remember the puzzles get harder and there are a wide variety of devices and situations to deal with. Only one in the dark with a flashlight.

Thanks BF!

[Post New]by suzzie6043604 on Jan 19, 12 12:50 PM
Nice game but way to short.

[Post New]by keithtenerife on Apr 17, 12 4:21 AM
Brilliant game really good for your brain could not leave the computer alone addictive,time for more games like this thanks Big Fish Keith B

Go to: