Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles Collector's technical issues here

[Post New]by versacems on Nov 12, 10 7:44 AM
Thank you for a great game. However-I am having a serious problem trying to get Henry's key. It's really starting to irritate me. I have tried EVERYTHING-tried to click everywhere. I have the materilization power and everything. Help. BF you need to post an update to this game because it is too awesome to let go. I played the demo and I have been awaiting the game sleeplessly. Thanks.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles Collector's technical issues her

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 12, 10 7:53 AM
I want to buy this game too but I will not buy it until they fix this problem. There is a whole thread of people in the game forum who are having this very same issue... We can just hope that a fix comes along soon versacems!!

I already tried updating video drivers, uninstall/reinstall... no dice.

Edited on 11/12/2010 at 7:54:36 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles Collector's technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 12, 10 9:43 AM
Hey Fishies,

I can see that some of you are having troubles with display issues and the Materialization ability. For those of you experiencing display or cursor issues, please check to see if there are any updates available for your system as this can directly affect these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

As for those unable to get past the Materialization/painting portion, as this was a progression block reported with the beta version, please uninstall and reinstall the game via your Purchase History (as long as you've purchased the game with Big Fish Games or an affiliate). If you've purchased this game from another site, it's possible that you've downloaded the beta version, as we've found that it had been shared with some illegitimate sites.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, go to the Game Page and reinstall the trial version to play any remaining minutes.

After reinstalling the game, please also start over with a new player profile. Here is a help article to help with this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

For more help, please get in touch with Tech Support. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 11/12/2010 at 10:05:19 AM PST

[Post New]by babysis64 on Nov 12, 10 10:51 AM
the game works fine in windows 7.

Edited on 11/12/2010 at 10:52:07 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 12, 10 8:35 PM
Okay BFArno - I am trusting you on this!

I uninstalled the demo, I updated my video drivers and I am going to purchase the game and install right from the purchase page.... I will also be crossing my fingers that this works... because I really cannot afford a CE but got a small unexpected windfall and I am "investing" in this game!! LOL

Wish me luck!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Nov 12, 10 11:40 PM
won't even load - click on start from Game Manager and screen goes black, then up comes the desktop and a messge to report the problem to Microsoft.

[Post New]by endersdane on Nov 13, 10 12:19 AM
tried the 1 hour freeplay and it has the problem with henry's key.
Not gonna buy it until I know for sure that the game has been fixed

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Nov 13, 10 6:17 AM
I downloaded AND PLAYED THE GAME FOR THE HOUR, LOVED THE GAME SO i BOUGHT IT, The game had to be downloaded again, when I went to activate it says sign in (never had to that before,) then it tell s me it is the wrong pass word or user name. so I cant get into play it now. aaaaagh

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Nov 13, 10 4:06 PM
Same problem with white boxes. Will search for updates. Hope this works. Thanks.

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cnmoore on Nov 13, 10 6:39 PM
Reinstalled the trial three times - just comes up all black screen.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles Collector's technical issues he

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Nov 13, 10 9:02 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

I can see that some of you are having troubles with display issues and the Materialization ability. For those of you experiencing display or cursor issues, please check to see if there are any updates available for your system as this can directly affect these issues:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

As for those unable to get past the Materialization/painting portion, as this was a progression block reported with the beta version, please uninstall and reinstall the game via your Purchase History (as long as you've purchased the game with Big Fish Games or an affiliate). If you've purchased this game from another site, it's possible that you've downloaded the beta version, as we've found that it had been shared with some illegitimate sites.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, go to the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/9825/sherlock-holmes-hound-baskervilles-ce/index.html?src=frmgameimg&osdetect=true">Game Page</a> and reinstall the trial version to play any remaining minutes.

After reinstalling the game, please also start over with a new player profile. Here is a help article to help with this:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

For more help, please get in touch with Tech Support. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Thanks you just gave me a reason "not" to buy the game - or probably any other game from now on (3 games with the same "beta glitch excuse" in the last month.. sounds like you all need to find some new game developers and fire the ones you have). lol. How can these people who have purchased the game be having an issue that you claim was only in the beta version? I have an idea.. with all that money you guys make, why would you even need the public to test the betas? Don't you have enough employees to do that for you? Wouldn't that solve the "shared with illegitimate sites" issue?

In truth folks, their telling you exactly what the issue is. It wasn't in the betas - its a purposeful glitch in the released game so that you will buy the game and so that people cannot share it on any of those so called "illegitimate sites". Which is perfectly fine, I just hate to see anyone lied to. There is no way a game developer can have that many games in a row with a "beta" glitch and then release it with the same.

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 9:06:36 PM PST

[Post New]by lerwicke on Nov 15, 10 3:13 PM
I have windows 7 and the collectors edition of this game and was going great until I tried to use the 'materialization' ability on the portrait of King Henry VIII on the second floor. The key should materialize according to the guide, but nothing happens. I note that several other gamers are having the same problem, yet to date, there has been no help or suggestions. Is this a fault? What can we do to rectify and continue playing? Please help.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles Collector's technical issues

[Post New]by picman050967 on Nov 15, 10 6:28 PM
ThomAndJerry wrote:
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

Thanks you just gave me a reason "not" to buy the game - or probably any other game from now on (3 games with the same "beta glitch excuse" in the last month.. sounds like you all need to find some new game developers and fire the ones you have). lol. How can these people who have purchased the game be having an issue that you claim was only in the beta version? I have an idea.. with all that money you guys make, why would you even need the public to test the betas? Don't you have enough employees to do that for you? Wouldn't that solve the "shared with illegitimate sites" issue?

In truth folks, their telling you exactly what the issue is. It wasn't in the betas - its a purposeful glitch in the released game so that you will buy the game and so that people cannot share it on any of those so called "illegitimate sites". Which is perfectly fine, I just hate to see anyone lied to. There is no way a game developer can have that many games in a row with a "beta" glitch and then release it with the same.

Not lies, just trying to be polite.
Betas are a polite way to indicate that users with these specific issues did not get these games from BFG. Yes we sometimes intentionally release broken beta builds, in a very specific way that only pirate sites find them, before or on the day the game is released. They are ONLY picked up by the software piracy sites when they scrape our servers every hour looking for new games to crack and illegally distribute (and often inject them with viruses or tracking software). So when we refer to beta builds, yes they are beta builds, yes, they do not work and yes that is intentional. Piracy hurts everyone as it is stealing from independent developers who build these games and hurts their ability to make more games for consumers to play.

As always, if you have an issue with any game legally obtained from this site or an affiliate, contact CS.

Picman

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 12:28:53 AM PST

[Post New]by Jennie76 on Nov 17, 10 4:59 AM
Game works perfectly until I click on Elizabeths picture to use the crest, then it crashes.

[Post New]by gouldner on Nov 17, 10 9:25 AM
i went thru the game twice, and each time it said completed but would not let me play the bonus games
gouldner

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles Collector's technical issues her

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Nov 19, 10 2:00 AM
KimiKanda wrote:Same problem with white boxes. Will search for updates. Hope this works. Thanks.
+

The funniest thing happen. I redownloaded the game. Still displayed unscript white boxes. I kept clicking the white boxes. The game played for a while then I got a black screen but still could hear the voices. I clicked the white box on the left apparently for menu and it returned to the opening game screen. I clicked all the unscript white boxes again and was taken to the game page of previous Sherlock Holmes games . . . . . I clicked one of the previous games and was taken to the Big Fish game site. I was going to download one of those older games, but it did not have a trial version. Kind of pissed off, I decided to unload this Hound of the Baskervilles game and call it a morning. When I returned to the game, believe it or not it was working. All the boxes had black script. I changed my player name and started to play this awesome game. I did not want to exit the game - afraid it would not start up correctly. Please fix all the glitches. . . . . . . . Lov'n it. This game is cinco awesome.

Edited on 11/19/2010 at 2:03:41 AM PST

ebuck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ebuck on Nov 21, 10 2:06 PM
Lilleys room garden instone ach were i suppose to pick up maney odjects CAN NOT FIND CANDLE OR LOCK HINT DOES NOTHING WALKTHOUGH SHOWS WERE THEY ARE BUT THERE NOT TO BE FOUND

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 2:09:26 PM PST

[Post New]by beckster2 on Nov 25, 10 3:30 AM
I "tried" this game and loved it enough to purchase it. Continued playing for several hours and exited the game for the night. Went back in now to play for a while and my profile is gone!!!! I did not see anywhere to "save" the game, so I just exited. What did I do wrong and can I get back to where I left off since I have already invested so much time playing/enjoying this game and really don't want to have to start over???

Thanks!

[Post New]by _sshole on Nov 25, 10 7:53 PM
Belladonna32 wrote:When you put in the new profile you need to delete all the others (sorry if you did that already). If that soesn't work try un-installing and re-installing, again deleting all existing profiles and starting with a new one.
I've not had exactly this problem before but it has worked with similar ones.
Like yo

u say - Weird!

I bought the game and it says one or more profiles have become corrupted. Ive re-installed and used several name. Deleted old ones!!!!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Dec 27, 10 11:43 AM
My problem is different from a lot of posters'. My problem is with the sound. I noticed during the opening movie that the sound was off - not matching to the person speaking. Then it just quit altogether. It came back after the movie, but I'm not paying for a game that has the sound cut out periodically. On to the next game.

Edited on 12/27/2010 at 6:58:21 PM PST

Go to: