janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void technical issues here only

[Post New]by janet070 on Nov 18, 10 10:54 PM
The gas mask won't stay in the smokey room. It goes back into inventory and I am sent back to the foot of the stairs. Also there is no fireplace in any of the rooms. I don't know if this is technical or something I am doing wrong, but I am ready to give up after 2 hours of trying.

[Post New]by hnscoprincess on Nov 19, 10 8:09 AM
celticwolf55 wrote:I got to the magicians room and the game has frozen up. I completed all of the hidden objects, but the game will not back out of the close-in picture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I did a DxDiag test, I checked with DirectX and it said I have the latest version with no need for updates. I have reinstalled again and still it goes right back to the same scene and gets stuck. Is there any fix or patch for this game that will help. Please advise or provide assistance. I really like the game and wish to continue, but not if it is going to keep freezing at this point. I noticed in the forum that another player had the exact same difficulty at the exact same point in the game. Other than the hidden object scene freezing the rest of the screen is responding just fine. The hints frog works, the menu works, the strategy guide appears when clicked, but even though all objects are accounted for, it absolutely will not let me back out of the completed close-in hidden object scene.

Althought it was a waste of time, I was able to delete my profile, create a new one and get past this part. It worked for me but no promises it will for sure work. Good luck!

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 20, 10 8:16 AM
I got an email from Customer support with a link to update DirectX, Shockwave, and Flash Player, but that still didn't fix the problem. I was told to start over with a new profile. Hopefully the same doesn't happen again. Let's hope the developers get a patch for this soon!

[Post New]by marieer on Nov 20, 10 12:01 PM
janet070 wrote:The gas mask won't stay in the smokey room. It goes back into inventory and I am sent back to the foot of the stairs. Also there is no fireplace in any of the rooms. I don't know if this is technical or something I am doing wrong, but I am ready to give up after 2 hours of trying.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 22, 10 8:48 AM
Even after changing profiles, I got stuck in the EXACT same place! BigFish needs to get the developers to fix ALL the bugs in this game or take it off the market.

[Post New]by njeri71 on Nov 25, 10 5:35 PM
I keep getting booted off at the car chase scene also. I'd hate to have to sign on as a different user and start all over. I'll try to reinstall and see if that works.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 28, 10 3:22 PM
I got stuck in the record player game. Before I knew how to play I started the player, the needle got stuck, but then I couldn't do anything..couldn't stop, start over, nothing. Quit the game went back in still stuck. There's another thread on this, this is obviously a glitch hence I mention it here.
Only option I guess is to skip the puzzle. (at least there's a way out...)

[Post New]by jrwells on Nov 29, 10 9:34 PM
Stuck at the record player like the players in the other forum. First try and once it got stuck, there's no reset, backing out, restarting the game, etc. to get it to reset. Is there a fix without skipping the puzzle?

[Post New]by Nightstar316 on Nov 30, 10 8:20 PM
I am on the train and released the refridgerator and played the hidden object game, but it did not give me the key that is needed to start the train. I would hate to start over at this point. Help anyone?

[Post New]by Samantha95 on Dec 14, 10 6:48 PM
I have trouble with the car freezing too. I tried shutting down the computer and restarting it but it still doesn't work.

[Post New]by martygeeoz on Dec 18, 10 6:20 AM
NO SOUND DEVICE DETECTED

I have installed this game on two seperate computers at home, and for both, the game presents the following message when starting up:

"No sound available.
No sound device was detected on your computer. Sound playback for this session has been disabled."

No problems with other BF Games. Well, I've never had a problem with sound on *any* game I've installed on either computer. Is there an explanation for this?

melmal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by melmal on Dec 25, 10 7:42 PM
my game has also frozen on a hidden object scene (inside the hotel where you obtain the magnet). so i'm stuck. i don't feel like starting over with a new profile. Is bfg going to release an update to fix the glitches in this game?

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Dec 30, 10 12:03 PM
Recently bought this for my wife to play on her MacBook Pro.

Here is as far as I've gotten. Download all 600+ MB of files, install (allegedly), and the following message:

The Installer could not write files to the Game Directory location you have chosen on drive /Applications. (769-1001)

/Applications happens to be where all the other Mac Big Fish Games are installed. And they all play just fine.

Asked CS for help and was sent a link to the Windows version of Dr. Felix.

No sure what to do next.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 30, 10 12:12 PM
Lipid - are you using your wife's profile to install the game on her machine? Are you allowed to install software on her machine?

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Dec 30, 10 12:20 PM
It's my machine and she uses my profile.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 30, 10 12:27 PM
I think using computers was easier when there was less security on them. That is quite odd for the person that usually uses the machine to get an error like that. So you installed this game exactly the same way you installed the previous games?

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Dec 30, 10 12:36 PM
No different. I installed it exactly the same way I installed the previous games. And the previous games are Bookworm Deluxe, Mahjongg Dimensions Deluxe, Princess Isabella, and Valerie Porter and the Scarlet Scandal.

UPDATE

Following the sage advice of Alex O. of CS, I went into the Applications folder of my Mac and discovered that Admin had been set to Read Only. (Seems there is a lot of that going around.) Changed that to Read & Write and Mystery Trackers installed flawlessly.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 9:48:41 AM PST

mahb
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by mahb on Dec 30, 10 3:25 PM
hi put figurine on dash board switch tursos and heads but they are still wrong and now the game wont let me switch them anymore. i can still move throuh the game but i think this puzzle is inportant. magician and writer have the wrong tursos and i need to swith them. how do i fix this without using the skip. i have not used it yet.
thanks

mahb
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by mahb on Dec 30, 10 4:14 PM
i have now even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it brought me right back to the same stuck figurines.

HELP PLEASE'

mahb
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by mahb on Jan 1, 11 5:41 AM
FIX THE VOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you

Go to: