noahnana
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Robin Hood

[Post New]by noahnana on Nov 13, 10 7:42 PM
Tedious, boring, waaaay too much dialogue. Extremely easy, might be fun for a kid but not for me. Wish I had deleted a long time before the hour trial was up. I kept thinking it would get better, but it didn't.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Nov 14, 10 2:06 AM
1. Way to much dialogue that didn't make sense.
2. **** scenes have "stray" objects. What???
3. No hints. If an object cannot be found, how do you progress?
4. Great graphics.

After 30 minutes, gave up. Much is too easy and boring. The rest is impossible without hints.

Out of 5

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 14, 10 5:04 AM
and I morphed into a lobster...fits, we live in Maine
chris

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 14, 10 11:14 AM
I didn't care of it much. The biggest reason why is the inane dialogue. It's hard to put into words why it bothered me, it just did. It's not a bad game overall, but it's not all that great either. I liked the "Minsweeper" type minigame-it's the first time I've seen it in a HOG. The only minigame I skipped was the slider. I dislike those even more than FTD-thanks to whoever suggested it, now I think of flowers instead of nasty diseases.

Edited on 11/14/2010 at 11:14:53 AM PST

[Post New]by TeeTee515 on Nov 14, 10 11:28 AM
I just played Robin Hood and I gotta say it was not very good. Way too much dialogue, puzzles and hidden object segments were too easy; no challenge. I also thought the graphics were terrible.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 14, 10 11:59 AM
I think this an good hog. Not a great hog (like the Mcf-series), but a good one. I like the bright, colourfull graphic, items are easy to see (no tiny objects!), minigames are so-so, the storyline is a little bit long sometimes but interesting IF you like the Robin Hood thing. I think I will buy this game later this month, because I need sometimes an easier game between the hard ihogs. I recommend this game especially to beginners from the hog (hidden object games)-genre.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 14, 10 2:02 PM
I agree with everyone else. Boring game, too much talk. As usual, don't like the custom cursor. Games to child-like and simple minded. Not a purchase for me.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Nov 14, 10 4:01 PM
Skipped a few mini games, still beat it in 55 minutes. Would not buy.

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Nov 14, 10 4:10 PM
I liked this game in the end. The graphics are great and I like the fact that the skip arrows are available immediately (I will play the games I missed in full when I buy the game) The music was annoying but I turned it right down. I like the fact that there are lots of different mini games. Good one BFG

M_E_M_O_M
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by M_E_M_O_M on Nov 15, 10 11:51 AM
I won't buy this. Graphics are childish. In fact, I think this game might be good for youngsters -- which I'm not.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Nov 15, 10 2:05 PM
I have to disagree with everyone else. I thought it was a nice little game. It seems to be pretty long also. I skipped all the dialogue and two of the minigames and after an hour still was a few screens away from starting the third chapter. I consider myself a seasoned player in that I can usually finish HOGs and iHOGs pretty quickly.

The graphics are somewhat cartoonish, but not unpleasant. I will be purchasing this one so I will be going back to read the dialogue. From what I did see, the dialogue is interesting and if you are a Robin Hood fan, you will love this game.

There are plenty of hidden object scenes, of which some can be somewhat dark and the objects small. However, you can usually find the majority of items and need to only use one hint. The hint/bird refreshes very quickly so you aren't sitting around waiting forever to finish the scene. What I liked most about this game is the variety. The minigames are different and interesting. Directions are clear for them all and if you really don't feel like playing a minigame, you can skip with no penalty. If you just want a little hint, you can get that as well.

Overall, it think this is a game that is done very well. I certainly did not find it too simplistic. If you are an iHOG fan, no, you probably will be bored with it. If you like more realistic graphics, again, you probably will not enjoy this game. However, if you want to relax and just have some non-stressful fun and you are burnt out on all the iHOG and straight HOGs, you will enjoy this. At least demo it yourself to decide.

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 2:08:08 PM PST

Quickie
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Quickie on Nov 15, 10 3:30 PM
I also lasted no more than 10 minutes. Deleted game immediately so I wouldn't forget and start playing again. Not fun.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 16, 10 4:25 PM
awful

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 18, 10 10:46 AM
I wouldn't say awful... but rather, not for me.

Edited on 11/18/2010 at 10:47:07 AM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Nov 18, 10 11:38 AM
As a DD perhaps. Have too many good games on my list to use a credit for this one.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Nov 18, 10 12:08 PM
Since I usually agree with the majority of game reviewers, I don't normally post my opinions of games. This time, however, I just had to add my two-cent's worth in defense of Robin Hood.

I played the entire hour-long demo and was quite disappointed when it ended. As a long time fan of Robin Hood tales, I found this game to be thoroughly enjoyable. I agree that the dialog is anachronistic, the hidden objects very difficult to see and the graphics very cartoon like; but I actually found that those things endeared it to me even more rather than causing me to dislike it. Sort of like when you adopt the runt of a litter, you know?

I'll probably wait for a sale to buy it since I have lots of other games lined up right now. It'll definitely go on my to-buy list, though.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Nov 19, 10 6:55 AM
The graphics are gorgeous. The gameplay is FROG with minigames. The minigames are original and occasionally annoying. There was WAY too much talking. There is a solid story, but man shut up already. If you skip through the dialog, you don't know what is going on and if you read/watch it you eat up precious demo time.

This game is a B-.

[Post New]by k1rhea on Nov 26, 10 12:27 AM
I just (finally) finished the 60 minute demo and was already into Chapter 4. I cannot imagine the game lasting much longer than 1 1/2 to 2 hours tops. Items were very small. Enjoyed being able to skip thru the mini games.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 24, 11 11:32 PM
It's not that I dislike Robin Hood stories. I loved the game Robin's Quest. But this one was tedious and plodding and the art and music are not to my liking. Even the hidden object scenes are boring. Couldn't make it even through half an hour before un-installing. This game was a big *yawn* for me.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Sep 18, 12 3:28 PM
This thread justifies my reasoning of demoing before reading comments/reviews. There's a fair bit of contradiction here and had to laugh at someone saying it was too easy but complaining there were no hints (which there are by the way). Another saying it was too short but then admitting they skipped the puzzles (of which there are loads). Quite a few comparing it to the bigger games i.e. MCF etc., when this game does not pretend to be anything other than what it is. I don't think it's trying to compete with the bigger games.

Thoroughly enjoyed the demo for this game and it's a definite buy for me. Original and enjoyable Hidden Object Puzzle game. HO scenes were a mixture of find by list, find x of this and y of that, FROG and shadow. Puzzles were a great mixture of logic and other favourites and there are LOTS of them.

Go to: