DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Nov 14, 10 10:39 AM
njewer wrote:
Faylyn wrote: (except for DragonStone which I love)

Faylyn

I know - off topic - but Dragonstone is one of my favourite games (and I am usually more of a HOG and TM person - rarely play match 3s) - been wishing for a sequel to Dragonstone since it came out!

Too bad we won't ever see a Dragonstone sequel, a wonderful Playpond game. They have gone HOG wild. Sellouts.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 14, 10 11:26 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop back in with a friendly reminder that our number one rule in the Forums is to treat other posters with respect. We want to be sure to keep an open and friendly environment for all posters and to make sure that everyone feels comfortable to post their reviews for Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow, or whichever game is in question, and that no one gets hurt feelings.

Please refrain from posting anything that may be construed in any other way and let a mod know if you’re concerned about the content of any post rather than comment on it directly.

Please also remember to stay constructive with your comments and reviews for the game. If you did or didn't like the game, please give examples so that others can better form their opinions and expectations as well.

If you've found a review that has been particularly helpful and would like to add your comments to this review as well, please feel free to do so, but just remember to keep the reviews focused on the game, rather than on the reviewer. If you'd like to thank a reviewer for taking the time to write what they wrote please remember that you can always PM them as well.

If you find a style of review that does not appeal to you, please refrain from calling unwanted attention to the reviewer and always notify a mod if you see an offensive post or anything that violates our Forum Rules.

Thanks Fishies and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on Nov 14, 10 12:02 PM
hmm i have always liked spooky games so will take a look at the demo and give it a try. Had no idea this was a games in a series, if i have read the other posts correctly?

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Nov 14, 10 12:08 PM
I got here late as usual, and I have to say I agree with many of the reviewers, even when what they say seems contradictory. I like the Season Match games because they have great graphics and playability, the mix of mini-games is fun, the match-3 segments aren't too hard or too easy, but somehow I get bored after a while anyway. Maybe it's too much dialogue or too much sameness in the match-3 boards. Still, I keep coming back to them when I want something cheerful for a rainy afternoon. I'm sure I'll play this one all the way through at least twice.

As always, I'm in favor of a game that offers something unusual and with an interesting story, and this one definitely fits the bill. I'll give it at least .

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Nov 14, 10 12:11 PM
Just a quick follow-up to Jinxy who posted while I was writing. This is #3 in the series. I was not that fond of #1, but #2 is one I've played all the way through at least 3 times. You might give it a try. Actually, give both of the earlier ones a try, since your taste might differ from mine.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 14, 10 12:25 PM
Great match 3 game, if you like easier match 3 and a good match 3 without (!) a timer. The game is not timed, but you get a bonus, if you finish a game without a certain time. The game is very colourful and bright and the graphic is superb. The storyline is a little bit uninteresting, but how cares? I play a match 3 because of the gameplay. And the gameplay here is great - it has great replaybility. If you liked the part 1 and two, you should like this game too. Happy gaming everyone

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 14, 10 12:32 PM
I wonder how I ever liked games like this? But I did, now I find them boring and easy but I guess when you think back we all have to start somewhere. Graphics were great and music fun.. HOG's very very easy. A no buy for me.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Nov 14, 10 12:44 PM
Yes it is easy and sort of mindless but the artwork is beautiful and the music lulling. I found it a very relaxing hour of demo. Sorry not enticing enough for credit-horader me to buy but a nice, relaxing game for when you just want some non-stressful gaming.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Nov 14, 10 12:46 PM
I love this game! From the beginning of the demo I was going, This game is too simple, I don't want this game, why am I continuing to play it? And all of a sudden it was done! It does start out like it's a kid's game, but for me at least it got better as I figured out more of what was going on. Cradle of Rome is my all time favorite Match 3, and it's more sophisticated, but this has more of a story and variety. It's not complicated, but it's fun. I'm still on February so I figure I have a nice long way to go! Definitely a try before you buy.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 14, 10 1:48 PM
If M-3's with a bit of HOG-play are your thing, this game is worth a look. The group mode sure makes it easy on the hands. No lives to lose due to a timer, yet bonus points if you beat the clock -- good news for many of us. I personally like the graphics and even most of the music.

I ran into one Spot the Difference in the trial, not difficult at all. As a caution to some, while it did not hamper my enjoyment of the game, there are references to Tarot Cards.

I also own Season Match 1 & 2. I consider this game a nice step up from #2, which if I'm recalling correctly had very small hidden objects and some fast-click mini-games. I think the worst was the ice blocks. (If the ice blocks mini-game was not in #2, please forgive me for including that comment in error.) Since I've only played this game trial so far, I don't know about mini-games coming later. But it's a Buy for me.

I appreciate all informative game comments and reviews, long or short. Thank you and Happy Gaming to All.

Kellie

Edited on 11/14/2010 at 2:04:47 PM PST

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Nov 14, 10 3:04 PM
I am loving this game, have been playing for about 4 hours now, and really hated to tear myself away from it, but I want to demo the DD today.
For those who don't think it is very challenging--try to beat the Arcade mode to better your levels--they are quite challenging--you need to use strategy as to where the best places to use your powerups are and click like crazy. It isn't only about breaking blocks, you also have to gather enough of each type of element (as indicated on the bottom of the board).
I loved Season Match 2 and was happy to see this offered here. I was more than glad to spend a PC credit on it, as I will probably play this one over and over again, when I want a break from HOGs.

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Nov 14, 10 5:54 PM
I have already bought the other 2 and will be adding this to my collection. I love them all

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 15, 10 5:16 AM
I also B-tested this one, and my opinion remains basically unchanged: I enjoyed the artwork very much (I thought the illustrations were beautiful, especially the whale one), the music was unobtrussive, the challenge relatively low (At least as far as the B-test went), and thought the no-timer but time bonus was a relaxing option.
The story is not original and, maybe because I don't remember playing SM 1 or 2, seemed brought on rather abruptly. At one point I thought I had played one of the other games, but since I can't even be sure I guess if I did I was most unimpressed.

The point is, IMHO, this is a nice game to relax with if you like M3. But as I played 15 minutes now I decided it is a no-buy for me. I managed to do in 15 minutes what I did during the Beta test in 1 hour (basically because I didn't have to read the whole stuff and in the first stages it is easy to get bonus by random clicking). Why did I do this? To be honest, to see more of the M3 background artwork. But I'm not buying a game just for that.

As for those of us who have not played any of the former episodes (or who can't rememebr doing soon), the game may have some "un-nice" aspects as IMHO you get the impression of landing halfway through the story: To begin with, who is the brunette who guides you? If it says anyplace, it is the second time around I miss it. Despite she seems to " always depend on the kindness of strangers" she doesn't look like a Tennessee Williams character to me...

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 5:19:26 AM PST

suzette72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by suzette72 on Nov 15, 10 8:22 PM
Having played all 180 levels in "story" mode and 24 levels in "arcade" mode, I now feel able to review this game properly, lol.

I really like it!

Of course, I liked SM I & 2 (one better than two), and recommend playing at least the first hour of SM one before this game -- you will understand the power-ups and the mystery of the "time coin" -- this game doesn't explain that you can literally buy yourself more time to finish levels.

The **** scenes were, IMO, too easy, but they were a nice break between M3 levels -- a visual palate cleanser, as it were.

The arcade action is crisp, sound effects are appropriate, and the art work is beautiful (my husband calls the game "the Barbies of the month game" [no offense, Mattel]).

As other reviewers have noted, the english translations are pitiful -- how hard can it be to make sure the verb tenses are correct? Also, if you run out of moves, you must use a power up or lose the level -- I tried to wait out boards with no moves several times and it never worked -- I had to leave the level and start over. Seems like a pretty serious game flaw to me. Not that that stopped me from buying it, lol.

Hope this helps, and happy gaming!!

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Nov 16, 10 12:55 PM
I like, I like. I'm not always looking for a big challenge or a game that requires my undivided attention. I can relax, match 3, do a little searching and enjoy. I play these type games when I'm in the middle of wash, dishes, boring household chores. Take a break, play the game, back to hum drum. Thanks BF

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 16, 10 4:42 PM
Is it me ? After a few rounds I was enjoying myseld then I came to a part which didn't make sense to me. I destroyed everything that could possibly be destroyed. (Blue and white tiles and you can get as many swords as you want by matching them). The thing is that it never ended. There seemed to be 4 frozen tiles at the botton, on and on I went with my swords and my strikes, nothing happened. After ten minutes of that I gave up. Could anyone, please, explain me the point I missed ? Thanks in advance.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 16, 10 4:43 PM
Is it me ? After a few rounds I was enjoying myseld then I came to a part which didn't make sense to me. I destroyed everything that could possibly be destroyed. (Blue and white tiles and you can get as many swords as you want by matching them). The thing is that it never ended. There seemed to be 4 frozen tiles at the botton, on and on I went with my swords and my strikes, nothing happened. After ten minutes of that I gave up. Could anyone, please, explain me the point I missed ? Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by bonnykins on Nov 17, 10 1:26 AM
I thought about buying but after playing the demo, NO WAY! most of the time I had to guess what I had to do as the icons were very much meaningless. It was boring and not my type of game. Hurry up to Ravenhearst Resurrection.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Nov 17, 10 5:10 AM
I do not usually play match 3 games but am glad I tried this one. I found it to be a relaxing game that was fun to play. I loved the overall look of it and found the music to be pleasant. It may be too easy but I have only played the free download so mabye it gets more difficult. A definite buy for me. As usual there are some great reviews of this game however a one word comment that was provided by some serves no usefull purpose.

Your Comments and Reviews for Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow

[Post New]by cheen1153 on Nov 17, 10 11:39 AM
I have been trying to download and play this game for the past two days. It starts the story in the beginning and then takes you to the "play" board. When I click on "play" my computer shuts down.

I have also noticed this happening with other game also.

Go to: