sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tulula: Legend of a Volcano

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Nov 16, 10 5:08 AM
is it me? or does this take FOREVER to load each section. I may decide to like it if I can keep awake between scenes hmmm not sure just yet...

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Nov 16, 10 5:22 AM
It did seem like a fun game except the 15-20 minutes waiting to load each new scene. I'd love another demo chance if the loading would go faster so that I could get past the cave!

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 5:24:04 AM PST

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Nov 16, 10 5:27 AM
Another Bummer of a game. I played for 35 minutes and just can not get into it. Maybe tomorrow. Seems like I've been waiting forever for a REALLY GOOD GAME.

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Nov 16, 10 5:39 AM
I also think this would be a great game for kids around 7 to 10 yrs but not challenged for the adults.

birdlady101

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 16, 10 5:54 AM
cherbtoo wrote: :.

Childish? I don't care, if you add the numbers making up my age together I am 9 and this 9 year old is going to buy it and then, when the 24th November comes around, my brain will be rested and up to tackling the fiendish puzzles that we are sure to encounter in the 13th Skull.
Cherb

I love it, Cherboo! That makes me only 8!! Maybe that's this game grew on me so fast. That and it calls me "gorgeuos." I figure it can't be too wasy or there wouldn't be a walkthrough for it - I haven't used it yet, but I've come very, very close.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 16, 10 5:59 AM
Coronagold wrote:I had to put down my stack of Highlights magazines and pencil to wrap myself in this game!

LOL!! I only read Highlights in doctor and dentist offices (still do....) but I was never allowed to circle the Hiddeon Objects because my Mom said it would spoil it for the next kid who read the magazine. She was right - I get unreasonably peevish if I open one in a doctor's office now and see all the "answers" circled. Especially since they are almost always done in PEN.

johnski
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnski on Nov 16, 10 6:00 AM
I loved this game. Love games that make me think like the Phantom of the Opera, and the Sherlock Holmes games but love one that I can just sit back and relax and not have to do much thinking and that is what this game was for me. Was able to complete all of the puzzles without much work and really enjoyed it because of that. Had some problems with the loading but figured out how to deal with that quickly. Overall this game is good for both Children and Adults. Happy gaming everyone.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 16, 10 6:25 AM
I found this game too childlike and too full of stuff. There is no rhymn or reason to this game so I had to stop and delete before my head exploded.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Nov 16, 10 6:37 AM
Well, I kind of liked it. I don't think it is a game for younger kids. Middle school kids would love this game and it would be a great game to play WITH them. If you don't have kids, play it anyway. It is fun.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 16, 10 6:53 AM
Maybe I'm too impatient, but couldn't stand the graphics and deleted in 3 mnutes.

wunder
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by wunder on Nov 16, 10 7:00 AM
sinshack wrote:

Childish? I don't care, if you add the numbers making up my age together I am 9 and this 9 year old is going to buy it and then, when the 24th November comes around, my brain will be rested and up to tackling the fiendish puzzles that we are sure to encounter in the 13th Skull.
Cherb

I love it, Cherboo! That makes me only 8!! Maybe that's this game grew on me so fast. That and it calls me "gorgeuos." I figure it can't be too wasy or there wouldn't be a walkthrough for it - I haven't used it yet, but I've come very, very close.

Darn, I'm probably too old doing my age that way - makes me 12!!

Coachswife
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Coachswife on Nov 16, 10 7:04 AM
childish, great for kids, but as an adult, it's a no go. I have a game credit to use and can't find a game to use it on, In my opinion the HOG games have been terrible lately

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 16, 10 7:07 AM
I really enjoyed the hour that I played but did it take ages for each new scene to load for everyone else? I'm just interested but don't want to buy a game that will be full of technical issues later.

[Post New]by kimy1307 on Nov 16, 10 7:08 AM
This looks like a good game with nice graphics but I cannot believe the loading time between scenes! Have never experienced such a wait - maybe 10 mins to load a new scene which means I have only actually been able to play through 10 mins of the game during the trial! A real shame as it looks like the sort of thing that would have me hooked but - since I am mrs impatient - I don't think I could bear to do the waiting time!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 16, 10 7:08 AM
Well, I used my last punchcard credit from last month for this game. I found a list-style HOG scene not too long afterward. It had two things that I really liked - some of the items were hidden so that you had to move something out of the way to find them, and there was a "God," (the God of Fun, of course) who floated around and got in your way, so you had to wait for him to float to the other side of the screen to click on your item. If you click on him, he says stuff like "take it easy on me, I'm a god" and "careful, I'm ticklish." Not the exact words, but something to that effect.

I just came out to take a peek at the walkthrough. It is listed, but comes up with the "posted on Dec. 31, 1969" so it hasn't been uploaded yet. I just wanted to see how far along I am. It looks like it will be quite a long game, because I'm only on the 2nd talisman out of 9 or 10 that need to be found, and I'm sure tribesmen will throw a party for me once I fix their village, and the drinking could go on for hours.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 16, 10 7:10 AM
wunder wrote:
sinshack wrote:
Childish? I don't care, if you add the numbers making up my age together I am 9 and this 9 year old is going to buy it and then, when the 24th November comes around, my brain will be rested and up to tackling the fiendish puzzles that we are sure to encounter in the 13th Skull. Cherb

Darn, I'm probably too old doing my age that way - makes me 12!!

You aren't DONE yet!!! Add the 1 and 2!!!!! You're only 3 now, see?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 16, 10 7:13 AM
karen876 wrote:I really enjoyed the hour that I played but did it take ages for each new scene to load for everyone else? I'm just interested but don't want to buy a game that will be full of technical issues later.

Contact tech support - it only takes less than half a minute for it to load a new scene on my computer, so there is something going on with yours.

Are you using the Firefox browser? I know a lot of people are having problems with that interfering with games. I delete it from my computer every time the kids put it on, because it "grabs" all my programs and causes slowdowns and other problems.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 16, 10 7:17 AM
After that mix of reviews I was expecting a kiddy game....well it isnt or I've lost my mind. It's very clever, not all that easy to find things. It's very positive and is a feel good kind of game which is a nice break from the gloom and doom of some of latest awesome games. It isn't in their league but the music is positive, your are honored and endeared and generally this game is a nice place to be for a little while. I was even horrified when I went to their village and watched the tornado wipe them out. It wasn't just the "oh no, I have to fix it all", but also a funny saddness that this happened to these people.
Yes, I know, this is just a game. But some of the best games for me is when you care about what is happening with the plot and the characters.
So, the graphics are very colourful and some would think childish looking..but the gameplay is not. It is a mix of adventure/ihog and some minigames so far. You are there to save the people and they are so happy to see you. Not a bad plot line for a gamer , is it?
It's a buy.
Chris

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 16, 10 7:25 AM
I have to add it took me hours to get through this game!! Darned fun too.
Am I the only one, or is this game amazingly long??

ETA: Okay, I was kind of stuck on the beach scratching my head for a little while!

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 7:26:29 AM PST

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Nov 16, 10 7:29 AM
I agree with all of those who like this game. The hour went by in a flash and I wanted more. I like being "glorious" and am enjoying the characters, i.e. monkey. The bubble searches are fun and I do like an adventure/ifrog. Love the colors and am enjoying the change from the dark side.

Now, if I can get the cat to move off of the desk I will be in great shape. You have no idea how many HOs I have found between the ears or over a shoulder - not to mention the tail flicking if I forget to massage her every once in a while. Oh well, it does make for an extra challenge.

Back to the subject, I think everyone should at least demo this game. I would give it . As the saying goes " Try it, you might like it".

Go to: