seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Post any Tulula: Legend of a Volcano technical issues here only

[Post New]by seahoney on Nov 17, 10 7:44 PM
I gave up after 2 minutes of loading and waiting. I'm not the most patient person in the world. Guess it's a good thing I did too with all the issues I'm reading. I usually can downloaded games even large files really quickly and the video card is up to date so guess I'll pass on this one til they fix it IF they fix it

Edited on 11/17/2010 at 7:44:57 PM PST

Post any Tulula: Legend of a Volcano technical issues here only

[Post New]by mhgstaz on Nov 17, 10 10:02 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by mhgstaz on Nov 17, 10 10:04 PM
This "one Hour" trial was a joke! Spent more than half the time waiting for things to load. I feel gyped!!!!!

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Loading chapters

[Post New]by momshere on Nov 19, 10 3:58 AM
The whole loading chapter thing...

I have noticed (not just here but this one is THE WORST!) that if the chapter appears to be loading unusally slowly, if I Alt-Tab back to windows (doesn't close the game but it pauses it), then click right back into the game, it's loaded!

Whereas, if I am watching the load, well, let's just say I would probably still be here waiting for Chap 1 to load.

Also having problems removing the Chupacabra, but that's got it's own topic so headed there now to put in my 2cents.

Edited on 11/19/2010 at 3:59:17 AM PST

Mouse381
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Loading chapters

[Post New]by Mouse381 on Nov 19, 10 9:19 PM
momshere wrote:The whole loading chapter thing...

I have noticed (not just here but this one is THE WORST!) that if the chapter appears to be loading unusally slowly, if I Alt-Tab back to windows (doesn't close the game but it pauses it), then click right back into the game, it's loaded!

Whereas, if I am watching the load, well, let's just say I would probably still be here waiting for Chap 1 to load.

Also having problems removing the Chupacabra, but that's got it's own topic so headed there now to put in my 2cents.

MOMSHERE... You are correct!!! I was about to delete the rest of the demo, when I saw your post.
I wasted 21 mins waiting for the first chapter to load. I went back in and, when it got the loading page, I hit Alt-Tab, then clicked on the bottom toolbar to go back to the game. It was fully loaded! Thank You!!!!!!!! I think I am going to buy this game. It's cute.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Nov 20, 10 12:38 PM
For the slow loads between scenes I found if you "shift/tab" out of the window then come righ back the next scene will be fully loaded. This worked both on BigFish download and when I demoed it on another site

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 20, 10 2:00 PM
Has no problems with download of trial and loading of scenes, but when I was in the "Tree village" and went up the elevator to the Doctor's house my screen went black, I got a loop of the chime sound (same one as whne you do a correct action in the game) and had plenty of trouble to emergency exit. I still have 5 minutes left of demo, and no idea why this happened.

Besides that, it is a nice game, the graphs were cute.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Nov 22, 10 11:51 PM
Saw this down the ways a bit but I can not get the Crowbar to work in the Scene for with the Bathyscape. this is more than half way through the game and I really hate to have to restart the game to bet through this scene. Hope someone comes up with a solution soon.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Nov 24, 10 3:40 PM
After 10 minutes of loading, I came here and saw the posts about going back to the game after doing Alt/Tab. What do you know, it worked. That's a first on that method. However when I tried it again on chapter two, I got the Excess Violation Box and the game closed. I think I'll pass on this one until they get the bugs worked out.

frigid728
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by frigid728 on Nov 24, 10 6:45 PM
i was having loooooong download times between levels but took johnski's advice and hit the windows button on keyboard, went out to desktop , read a couple things in forums, went back and ta-da there was new level. you are a genuis. next time i buy new game will read tech issues first. great game tho, gonna go back and player again.much faster tho LOL

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Dec 7, 10 11:24 PM
my game downloaded quickly but at the first loading scene i thought it froze up it was taking so long so i got out. just chuck this one in file 13. suppose to be enjoyment, not waiting all your life for a down load for one part of a game.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Dec 10, 10 3:02 PM
No problems with the game until the very LAST chapter "Volcano". Cannot get the game to proceed. I need to get some cage(?) pieces, but the game is frozen. Left and reentered, but it is still stuck at that point. Sweet little game until now. ARGH!

[Post New]by amanty on Dec 31, 10 8:58 AM
Syndalee wrote:No problems with the game until the very LAST chapter "Volcano". Cannot get the game to proceed. I need to get some cage(?) pieces, but the game is frozen. Left and reentered, but it is still stuck at that point. Sweet little game until now. ARGH!

Am having the exact same problem. The hand cursor appears to be very out of sync with the item to be picked up...and cannot pick up any cage because of this problem and therefore cannot complete the game. Have tried fiddling with full screen toggle, restarting the game, rebooting and starting the game, etc, all to no avail.

Sad not to be able to finish a very fun and interesting game.

Hope this issue is resolved. Keeping game on pc for another week, then uninstalling forever.

Cheers!

[Post New]by jacksonlady on Feb 26, 11 12:43 PM
I finished the entire game but it would not start over to square 1 so I had to change players to play another game, is the supposed to happne. Most games you play all of it and then start over.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 5, 12 6:53 AM
I am on the Desert of Ice where I have done everything and you are supposed to go thru the portal and it will not let me. I uninstalled the game and then reloaded it-no change. Others in the forum have said they also got stuck there. How did you that had this problem get unstuck? I am almost to the end of the game and really want to finish so any help would be appreciated.

Go to: