Bron186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Luxor: 5th Passage

[Post New]by Bron186 on Nov 19, 10 6:28 PM
I have two previous Luxors (2 and 3) so was ready to kick back in, but where's the shop? WAAAAAAAH. I like the kinda mini-goals - increasing power-up power, changing marbles etc. :-(

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Nov 19, 10 7:23 PM
Wasn't so sure I liked this game and I usually like the marble poppers. Guess I got tired of just popping or maybe it's because I've been playing to many Frog and Adventure Hidden games wihich I love. What I did like about this game was the graphics they were beautiful!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Nov 19, 10 9:26 PM
Well, Luxor games are colorful with plenty of action & nice graphics, that's for sure. I have purchased one or two in the past... all pretty similar. I don't know why I expected anything different with a newer version. *sigh*. Tried the demo on this one, & not a buy for me. Nothing wrong with the game, except TOO EASY! No challenge at all. I was passing every level with high scores within seconds. Too easy for me, equates to, too boring. Just not for me.

Oh yippee, I just morphed! How thrilling. LOL

Edited on 11/22/2010 at 10:07:43 AM PST

Fawnna
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Fawnna on Nov 20, 10 12:38 AM
The Mac version is buggy. The shooter either lags, or won't respond at all. I'd love to see it get fixed. Not going to hold my breath however. I loved the other 4. Shame.

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Nov 20, 10 3:34 AM
I hate to sound less enthusiatic than Dr Good and Goofyduck ( such awesome reviews ) BUT i have to say i like this the least of the Luxor frnachise. I have most of them and love them, but this one is well, kind of boring, I guess. The scenery is recycled from other Luxor games, the graphics are much less sophisticated than some of the others (the later ones) and the powerups and other cool things you could do with the last luxor are no longer available. I have other marble popper games which I like, so this one is at the bottom of the list for now.

Disappointed, cause I was excited to see this one come out!

4 out of 10

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 20, 10 5:30 AM
Here is another buyer, much to my own surprise. I never thought a shooter game could be relaxing, in a strange way. Well, on easy story mode to start. I skipped the last couple M3s, more of the same but have an appetite now for some movement on the screen, a little action after staring at static screens intently searching for stuff or concentrating. And it's hard to pass by a game with such beautiful graphics (no teeny dark objects LOL). Just lots and lots of colorful balls moving rather slow on Easy, but I spect they will hasten up. But NO TIMER.

On my short list of games I'm sorry I ever bought was Zuma.Delux. As many times as I went back to it I never got past maybe Level 4 and made me a nervous wreck. So, I've never even demoed any Luxors once I saw same string of moving balls why waste my money and time even doing demos.

What makes this feel different for me? First of all, no timer, second is the option for a target cursor, i.e. it changes color to match the ball you are to shoot so it's like matching your color ball with color of pointer near same color. How easy can it get to aim? And, in Zuma I was so rushed I couldn't think ahead to switch balls before shooting, or in power up games quick enough to choose a power up or learn what they do. In fact, reading how to play just looking at the power icons list boggled the mind, no way to remember all that so skipped it and story. No problem, these just seem to load themselves when you've caught some falling stuff. Caught as in just moving your mouse back and forth catching at random, don't have to aim and shoot them.

I tried some in People's choice, 15scenes from former Luxor games, a bit more complex but beautiful too. So, I can't complain or compare this one to former ones others like best. This is a really good "learner's" shooter game. I've had so much to deal with out of the ordinary in my real life for weeks by the time I have game time I can't concentrate long like my CEs waiting. So a demo or 2 are giving me some game to play with awhile. I even fell asleep in the new releases 2 nights, woke up and demo over, so don't know what they were about. This kept me awake but relaxed once I muted the pseudo excitement music and mellowed out. You don't have to be fast or frantic or a good aim, to my surprise I had stuff exploding all over the place, got a feeling of satisfaction. Even got Accuracy scores in the 90's, but that's due to that target cursor pointing at colors for me. Fun, Fun!!

Edited on 11/20/2010 at 6:10:35 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 20, 10 6:01 AM
The game ran fine on W7 64 bit laptop, didn't fill the wide screen but looked good as is great color and backgrounds easy on the eyes, restful. Also demoed a bit on old tired PC with XP, no lag, no problems. I just had it cleaned and beefed up to 1.5gs ram from 512 yesterday which helped. Hadn't wanted to make it work doing games so prefer using new laptop for games. But this is a good one for older pcs, takes only 256 Ram and can play in windows. Didn't hear the fan go on once as I have been with games. Nothing like vacuuming out the dust bunnies for a speedier quiet computer, 4 yrs old.

So, tried Luxor 5th on it too and didn't want to stop, meaning a must buy for me.Good type game to have running while doing other tasks in between, no need to focus too long, nice breaks.

Now to get everything plugged back in right, wore me out crawling and untangling from that Medusa mischief who lives in the pc and comes out at night to retangle all those cables I had in place. Then get furniture back in right places from the tech housecall, find my pens, HATE IT when anything is moved, having a "cat attack" as a friend calls it. Out of sync with other things and my routines so yes, just feel like shooting at something moving I can shoot at on the screen, not my room LOL before I gp postal iwith those around me. I'm going to enjoy this more than my M3s for awhile, so hope you try it too.

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Nov 20, 10 2:57 PM
i have the first i think 3 luxor games but the sequels wouldn't play on my system for some reason, had the old sluggish cursor problem and games were playing painfully slow so i just figured that was the end of the luxor series for me and what i had was good enuf to go back to anyway when i needed a fix

so i was pleasantly surprised to find this one works for me, i don't know what they did different but they must have done something cause this is the same machine the other newer ones wouldn't work on, haven't done any upgrades or anything

anyway it was nice to find new power ups at least they are new to me they might have appeared in those games i couldn't play lol, doing the demo was like relaxing with an old friend on a cold winter day and it was snowing earlier, so i am off to buy

happy gaming all

[Post New]by Magster651 on Nov 22, 10 2:40 PM
Love this game! My grandson does, too, and he's five and plays the EASY level...too funny. When it gets too close he yells for me to help him.

Upon reaching level 10,in MEDIUM mode, the color scrambler erases the balls but does not replace them, at all, and only the scarab stays. Since you can't see ANY colors you just shoot whatever comes out and then it's all over....they all come tumbling down!

Please, help!

Maggie

Edited on 11/22/2010 at 2:44:01 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 22, 10 2:57 PM
I have played a few of the previous Luxor games and like this game too. But not enough for buying at full price. This is a good game for a Daily Deal someday

lilitu93
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
471 Posts

[Post New]by lilitu93 on Nov 26, 10 2:44 PM
Fawnna wrote:The Mac version is buggy. The shooter either lags, or won't respond at all. I'd love to see it get fixed. Not going to hold my breath however. I loved the other 4. Shame.

Yeah, same here. I posted in the Mac thread and the tech issues thread about it but no reply. Funny thing is, it played fine on my husband's iMac. Very odd.

I haven't contacted tech support about it, but I figured they look at those tech threads too.

There were some PC users reporting bugs as well, so maybe it will get looked at?

Kyandra
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kyandra on Nov 28, 10 7:39 PM
I had never played a popper game outside of an arcade until after I bought Luxor Adventures and played the 'bonus' game that came with it and found I enjoyed it. I've not played Luxor Mahjongg which sounds like it would be odd. I just want credit for finishing easy so I can go play medium

BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

[Post New]by BBB10 on Dec 1, 10 2:12 AM

I just tried this game for the first time and WOW!!! HOW EXCITING!! This is NOT a game I would normally play, but I remember the comments on this forum about how great it was, so I thought I would try it! I am trying it much later than when it was the new game of the day! Better late than never I guess! The colors are so vivid! The blue is so beautiful!! I actually did very well, which surprised me! I only use the mouse pad on my laptop! If I use an external mouse, my scores should be even better! I only quit now because my hands and wrists are very sore! Thanks for all of those who spoke its' praises! It is fabulous!!

I just bought it!!

BBB10

mk1949
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Really nice but miss some things

[Post New]by mk1949 on Dec 10, 10 2:47 PM
I play all the Luxor games, and like this one second to Luxor Adventures, which I love to play and win on Insane. With this game, I miss the store/upgrades, and after a certain number of losses, you have to start the level over! I can't stand that, so I play this on medium, which is WAY too easy!! But if I can't keep playing a scene until I get it and have to start over, forget it! It gets boring. A little disappointed in this game, but still fun.

[Post New]by dcb123 on Dec 11, 10 1:54 PM
I have Mac Snow Leopard iMac.

I sent two enquiries to BFish HQ re problems, but received the try reloading the game message I have downloaded a new version four times and find the same problem.

Please confirm by going to the beginner level and go through the levels to Bastet's Fountain and see if the marbles don't slow down.

I have tremors that effect my arms so I am pretty well confined to the easier levels.
But Bastet's fountain is beyond silly.

I am not a beginner at Luxor and have all the games. None have had this problem.

[Post New]by xUltimajaSpiritx on Dec 18, 10 12:06 PM
Very great game! 9.99/10! I also loved other Luxor games. The "Easy" difficulty mode takes an extremely long time to complete, but the "Hard" difficulty mode gets me moving and going (meaning that I fire spheres faster). However, there seems to be problems with this game. The adventure levels 6-3, 9-3, and 12-4 are tremendously slow! > It does not give the "Completed game on Easy" trophy when it should. Hope these, along with all other bugs, get fixed soon!

Edited on 04/03/2011 at 8:52:48 PM PST

kay_H
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by kay_H on Dec 18, 10 6:15 PM
Not as good as previous Luxor games I flet the levels were very easy even in hard mode.

gum_nut
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by gum_nut on Dec 18, 10 7:58 PM
[b]Just finished this game and loved it! But then I always do love Luxor games.
The only levels I didnt like were the ones that went soooooooooo slowly e.g. as on the ship.Other than that it was great.
Merry Xmas and a Happy new Year to all fishies.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 18, 10 10:04 PM
kay_H wrote:Not as good as previous Luxor games I flet the levels were very easy even in hard mode.

What's the secret to beating it on Hard? I got steamrolled by level 7 on Hard, restarted a few times, finally scratched it out to level 10-1 and gave up. Easy and Medium were way way too easy and too easy.

[Post New]by Lyellvdw on Dec 19, 10 10:55 AM
Definitely not a step forward for the series.

It just feels flat and uninteresting...power ups are better, but no shop, dull levels, graphics that seem behind the previous release - and did anyone find the controls to be less responsive?

At any rate, Mumbo Jumbo may want to up their game a little - these rehashes just aren't working anymore.

Edited on 12/19/2010 at 10:56:57 AM PST

Go to: