Re:Post any Luxor: 5th Passage technical issues here only

[Post New]by BarbaraD on Nov 26, 10 10:06 PM
Hi: After level 9, every time I caught the bonus that "arranges" the colours, all the marbles instantly disappear. You can't see them but they're still there. Unless you have an awesome memory you pretty well have to just let them go down the tube! You can see the "bug" so you know they're there even if you can't see them. Makes the game a little more challenging hey! I just try to remember to miss that bonus.

Other than that the game is great! I've got all the other Luxors too so I was pleased to see a new one.

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,128 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Nov 29, 10 9:01 AM
I really love that this game is full of bugs and a new build is still non-existent

......actually, NOT!

[Post New]by arvida on Nov 29, 10 11:45 AM
Anyone working on the snail pace on the levels previously mentioned?

Edited on 11/29/2010 at 11:47:32 AM PST

canie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by canie on Dec 1, 10 10:27 PM
Bastet's Fountain - level 6-3 & level 9-3 on the easy - takes about 30 seconds for a ball to appear - I can do chores before enough balls appear to do something..

Loren55
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Loren55 on Dec 4, 10 1:56 PM
Control-click does not work for me to change the marble colors (I have an Intel 2 Core Duo Mac running at 2.66 GHz, with OS 10.5.8 and a plain mouse without buttons). Control-click has always worked for me before. I would love to be able to get somewhere with this game, but playing it without changing marble colors is discouraging as I have arthritis in my hands and can't move *that* fast!

BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

[Post New]by BBB10 on Dec 5, 10 10:33 PM
arvida wrote:Anyone working on the snail pace on the levels previously mentioned?

Yes, on the 9-3 level...the fountain! They come at a snail's pace! It's insane!! I have restarted my laptop several times. I've uninstalled and installed again and again! I was sure it was an error in the program!

I loved this game until I had all this trouble! But this hassle has burst my balloon!!! BUMMER!! Surely they can fix this because it can't be the way it is suppose to be!!! HELP!!!!

[Post New]by arvida on Dec 7, 10 11:57 AM
BBB10 wrote:
arvida wrote:Anyone working on the snail pace on the levels previously mentioned?

Yes, on the 9-3 level...the fountain! They come at a snail's pace! It's insane!! I have restarted my laptop several times. I've uninstalled and installed again and again! I was sure it was an error in the program!

I loved this game until I had all this trouble! But this hassle has burst my balloon!!! BUMMER!! Surely they can fix this because it can't be the way it is suppose to be!!! HELP!!!!

Hi! Works a little faster on Medium and Hard levels; haven't tried "Insane" level yet....do not despair!!!

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 11:58:27 AM PST

finnB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by finnB on Dec 8, 10 5:56 PM
Whoa, can't believe I've got to be a psychic shooter to get through stage 12 and 13. My marbles keep disappearing whenever I get the color match powerup. Bummer...

SynthpopAddict
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 10, 10 3:45 PM
I downloaded Luxor 5th Passage from another site, but I also have the disappearing marbles problem after level 10 if I catch the "sorter" powerup while playing on Easy. On one occasion the game even crashed after I caught two of these powerups in a row. But I got through Medium all the way without this bug happening though, so maybe it's only if you play on Easy?

Also noticed that it won't light up the trophies for completing Blast Mode and People's Choice for me. So much for working for days to beat the levels on Insane, sigh!

About the cat fountain level being obnoxiously slow: If you play it in Blast Mode on Insane the marbles come out so fast you'll be lucky to survive for the 2 minutes it takes to win. I still find it to be too slow on Easy in Adventure Mode, but it's better than wiping out in 30 seconds.

[Post New]by mtunzini on Dec 15, 10 3:07 AM
it would seem if you collect the sorter then the spheres become invisible very difficult to get past this can big fish sort this out????

bdorr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by bdorr on Dec 15, 10 8:50 AM
The game is running very uneven. Sometimes it is slow as molasses, then you can't shoot a ball. I have tried turning off sound and effects. Non of the other Luxor games behave that way on my MacPro. It is a very frustrating game to play.

SynthpopAddict
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 15, 10 6:21 PM
If a patched version of this game comes out I'll be glad to get it. Other than the invisible balls bug after level 10 and not being able to use the Eye of Horus since it keeps resetting itself every level, I've also noticed that catching 2 sorter powerups in a row after level 10 just causes the game to crash. Also sometimes a ball gets placed just off to the side of a chain and you can't shoot it out. And has anyone noticed that the adventure mode's either really easy or impossibly difficult? I got through Easy and Medium without any trouble at all, but Hard made me retire this game. It's not just that the chains come out super fast, which I could probably handle by itself, but the sheer amount of randomization of the colors in the chains makes it virtually impossible to get enough matches before the chains reach the end.

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 6:24:42 PM PST

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Dec 16, 10 2:10 PM
I have gone through all of the levels on the easy setting and it doesn't give me the trophy, and when I tried to start the normal levels it made me start over. I have finished all the easy and normal levels but the game does not recognize this.
Bastille's fountain is slow for me too.

[Post New]by tuckerzmom on Dec 27, 10 9:11 AM
At first I did not have the phantom balls problem and then it suddenly started happening when I used the "sorter" powerup. Also, Eye of Hornus at the bottom doesn't seem to do anything. Also, the levels that have 2 rows of balls run really slow.

Finally. there is no way to get back to the main menu when you are in the middle of the game.

[Post New]by xUltimajaSpiritx on Jan 12, 11 6:39 PM
Listen up; there are several bugs I encountered:
1. Stage 12-4 (Bastet's Fountain) is extremely slow in terms of sphere movement, but everything else works fine. Playing on the level on Insane difficulty mode may help.
2. Be careful while using the double shooter power-up. If you make a missed/wasted shot, it is doubled.
3. Sometimes, the game skips a level or two in Adventure. If you play the skipped stage(s), the next time you play through the game, the game will not count those wins.
4. I have found out that you can't earn the following trophies:
- Blast Master
- People's Champ
- Piece of cake

I haven't tested the 89 octane, Hero of Horus, and Pleading insanity trophies yet.

Edited on 07/26/2011 at 7:10:48 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 13, 11 4:06 PM
I think 12-4 is Bastet's Fountain, which runs really slow for everyone and is a problem with the game. When I played it on Easy I timed this one out and it took about 45 minutes to finish it because it was that slow!

[Post New]by wildindian on Feb 9, 11 10:50 PM
I was pleased to see another Luxor game come out, as I've played most of the others. However, I'm having the same "snails pace" issue as everyone else seems to have. I am also having issues on the Windows 7 computer I have installed the program onto. There is a major lag and non response issue, plus the game itself gives a blue screen of death upon closing. This is a brand new fresh install of both game, and a brand new hard drive/operating system on the computer. I've been running it for just under 3 months without any difficulty. Never had any trouble until this game was installed. Previous versions of the game run flawlessly.

Another note: with the very slow game play, the jewels fall very very quickly. So it's almost impossible to get the bonuses.

I'm hoping someone fixes this. Until then, I will not be playing.

neaks
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by neaks on Feb 24, 11 6:19 PM
I don't know if this is a technical issue or not but my problem doesn't fit into any other category so here is my problem:

I am unable to put the game on pause while I am in the middle of a play. Sometimes the phone rings or someone knocks on my door and I'm in the middle of a play and I can't just put it on pause. Does anyone know what I am missing?

[Post New]by gypsyatnight on Apr 2, 11 12:20 PM
Are you using your space bar to pause the game? That is how I pause mine. This game is giving me all kinds of trouble in other ways. For instance the Eye of Horus (sp) never fills up so I can't push it for an added boost; or whatever it is that it is supposed to do. Also 2 levels are running slower than molasses in January. Grrrrr. Very disappointed.

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 12:29:57 PM PST

jmsjws
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jmsjws on Apr 16, 11 5:06 PM
Stage 9-1, having phantom marbles, no way to beat the game. Also very snail pace on the Cat fountains also,.

Go to: