kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 21, 10 11:59 AM
just finished the demo......I am buying this game...at last a game that seems as good as the MCF's......I think I am going to have fun with this !!!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Nov 21, 10 1:18 PM
I waited for the standard edition and was glad I did. The game was great, but some of the objects were either small or very difficult to find. Used the hint button in almost all of the **** scenes. The game wasn't exceptionally long - took a couple of hours to finish the entire thing - but worth $6.99. I doubt I would have said the same thing had I opted for the CE version! On a scale of 1 to 5, this one gets a 3 1/2 - because of the **** items being to small and the length of the game.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 21, 10 3:30 PM
LapTopDancerr wrote:Has anyone besides me notice the SE is a bigger file size than the CE?!?!?! Compare the 2 game pages.... hahahaaa....BTW I did buy the CE...great game and the SE will be too. The ending was just a slight add on in the bonus game and doesn't change the story, the ending, etc. to the SE.
Have fun!

Yep noticed it. If I didn't buy the CE, I always compare how many megabites is in the CE and then in the SE. I thought it odd too!

shebag
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by shebag on Nov 22, 10 9:23 AM
Anybody not sure about purchasing this game pllllllllllllllllllllllease do not hesitate absolutely brilliant game could not put it down has yu hooked mini games are brill the whole game is brill cannot wait until the next one comes out best game I have played in ages

BUY BUY BUY this game you will not regret it honest

asalmons
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by asalmons on Nov 22, 10 10:44 AM
I just finished the demo, and waiting for the full version to load right now. So far, I love this game. I am not very good at these types of games, but I do enjoy them. So far, I've not needed any help, which is good for me, but may be too easy for those of you(most of you ) who are better than I am at these games.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Nov 22, 10 2:54 PM
Well, at the risk of sounding like the lone fish in the pond; I didn't care for this game that much. It was ok, but the guy making comments all the time got really irritating.
Also, hiden objects sometimes really hard to see since either very small or dark. Also, why is the SE bigger than the CE? Weird! Over all, not a bad game just couldn't get into it.

smilestogo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by smilestogo on Nov 22, 10 3:18 PM
Oh boy! Another hit that keeps you going till the end. Loved every part of the game and I look forward to the new MCF coming soon and the SE for Haunted Hills. There have been lots of new games of late, that I want to purchase all of them- when they keep me busy, it's worth every penny. I mostly wait for the SE, because the extra game play usually isn't that long and the endings are pretty much the same. I find the built-in strategy guide disrupts the fun of searching for the answers.
If you haven't bought this game already, you're missing fun and challenging hours of playtime!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 22, 10 7:58 PM
one of the best games i have played

[Post New]by itmustbetrue on Nov 23, 10 1:09 PM
GREAT GAME and someone said that when you replayed the hidden objects are different or been moved. It took me 10 1/2 hours to play. I do agree that it would have been nice to tell us how many of one object we needed(example the urns needed 5 and when we got the first it shows 1/5). I did enjoy the game and gonna go back and play 'cause I haven't won yet till I play with no skips and no hints...Off I go

[Post New]by dlwhite on Nov 23, 10 2:57 PM
Is there going to be a sequel?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 23, 10 3:16 PM
BossBrat, I'm feeling like traveling in a tram while you're in a jet ! 2.30 hours, well it took me over seven, didn't skip a game, used one or two hints, had a peep at the WT only once and enjoyed the graphics the whole time. Great game, I'm glad I waited for the SE, and it has been difficult after playing the trial of the CE. Loved the game. Very good graphics, mini games not too difficult, just my standard of difficulty, good story, loved it.
Now, for the bad side : couldn't stand the girl's voice and did she have to repeat before each hidden object scene "There must be something intereting in here", boy !, if you play these you know you will get something useful. And the Phantom really got on my nerves with his unceasing "You've broken my heart, you'll never get out of here, etc"...
Still, I loved it, one of my best games.
(Having to find the hearts reminded me of RTR, but, thanks god, there were less of them, good thing considering they were quite small and not included in a hidden object scene).

[Post New]by misgladys64 on Nov 23, 10 4:11 PM
i really liked the game .i just didn't like the ending

sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Nov 23, 10 8:34 PM
Great game - took me just about 8 hours to do and that was with a few trips to the walk-through. Don't put the sound too loud cause there are a few parts that scared the crap out of me cause i wasn't expecting what happened - lol. One of the better games I have played in awhile. I am sure, by the ending, that there will be a sequel and i am looking forward to it. Had to really think about things and work the brain a lot so that part of the game was great. 5 out of 5 for me. Have been waiting for the new MCF game to come out and I wonder if this one was better than some of the other MCF's I have played.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 24, 10 4:15 AM
sammiekatz wrote:Great game - took me just about 8 hours to do and that was with a few trips to the walk-through. Don't put the sound too loud cause there are a few parts that scared the crap out of me cause i wasn't expecting what happened - lol. One of the better games I have played in awhile. I am sure, by the ending, that there will be a sequel and i am looking forward to it. Had to really think about things and work the brain a lot so that part of the game was great. 5 out of 5 for me. Have been waiting for the new MCF game to come out and I wonder if this one was better than some of the other MCF's I have played.
MCF, in my opinion IT'S NOT !!!!!!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 24, 10 4:59 AM
Misunderstanding on the above post, I meant the las MCF wasn't better.....a lot worse I would say...

[Post New]by joannab on Nov 24, 10 11:17 AM
Great game, until the ending.

[Post New]by JimDaystar on Nov 24, 10 4:42 PM
Wow! Watch what happens when you beat the Phantom's score & time! Ok, just kidding, nothing happens.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Nov 24, 10 8:59 PM
I have been one little fishie in the big pond for almost a year now. I started out only playing M3s and then added straight forward HOs. Gradually as I became more experienced I tried more complicated games like the Puppet Shows and E.A. Poes. I certainly am thankful for the walkthroughs and I consult the forums regularly before trying/buying a game.

Phantom has to be one of my favorite games so far, and there are several reasons for that.
**First, the difficulty level is just about right for me. I don't mind consulting a walkthrough occasionally, but if I have to look for help constantly to move forward then I don't even feel like I'm the one playing the game. I know some people have mentioned that some objects are too small and/or hard to find but IMO they're just well hidden. And seeing a silhouette when you click on the word is very helpful.
**Second, the game is very aesthetically pleasing to me. I love the graphics, animation, voices and music. It's just a complete package.
**Third, the map!! What a wonderful feature in this game. I find myself getting lost in some games so quickly that the gameplay becomes frustrating, but in Phantom the map keeps me sane.

I haven't finished the game yet but I'm thoroughly enjoying myself to this point. I haven't even talked back to my computer screen once so far. So my advice to those of you who haven't tried this game so far......give it a shot. I think you'll find it hard to resist. It's a winner!

I hope the developers are patting themselves on the back because they deserve it.

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 9:01:30 PM PST

[Post New]by MiniDestroyer on Nov 24, 10 9:42 PM
Okay I am new and very desperate to learn an answer to one of my questions. I just beat the game in 3hrs... when it ended it kinda freaked me out, because I was not expecting it to be sooooooo short, way to enjoyable to be that short. I bought the 6.99 version. So is it really that short or is that what you get with the cheap version?

[Post New]by Rednewt on Nov 24, 10 10:41 PM
I love this game. The attention to detail in every scene is incredible, with candle light flickering, drapes gently stirring in the chilly, haunted, breeze, dynamic lighting that illuminates the objects around. The music is a superb blend of looping, atmospheric sound, that swells and ebbs with the context of the scene. Many games in this genre I end up shutting off the music in a few mins because it's repetitive and annoying, but this one I could listen to for hours.

The snow effects at the cabin are very believable, and the crunching of your boots as you walk to the next scene is a great touch.

It really adds a lot to the scene, when there is appropriate animation, and this game does that perfectly. The hidden objects are mostly context appropriate instead of random piles of junk; although I have yet to see a game at BFG that makes every scene completely context appropriate.

I will be looking for more titles in this series.

Go to: