What's with the ending?!

Re:What's with the ending?!

[Post New]by Kontara on Dec 5, 10 12:09 AM
I too was very disappointed in the ending...And the running back an forth for things... the hearts really got to me and without the walk through I would have given up. I just played Fiction Fixers:Wizard of Oz last night and enjoyed the fact I could play the game without having to refer back to walk through every five minutes.

bluedage
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bluedage on Dec 5, 10 3:16 AM
DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!

[Post New]by cljw84 on Dec 5, 10 7:18 AM
The ending was absolutely crap!! The game started off so well, and I thought that there was another chapter then suddenly, BAM! It ended. What a dissappoinment. Wonder if there's going to be a sequel.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Dec 6, 10 4:30 PM
me too just finished the game,really liked it,but the ending i hope they come out with the rest of the story soon.at the end they should of gave a time frame when the next one would be out,then we would know what to expect.

[Post New]by kawaii_kim on Dec 10, 10 4:26 AM
Im sooo glad im not the only one who is completely annoyed by the ending! I just finished playing a few minutes ago and was soooo dissatisfied with the ending i had to come and see what other people were thinking! So BFG, what gives? Is there a sequel? Do I have to buy the CE? I really LOVED this one so would def get the sequel (though yeah shortcuts on the map wouldve been cool)

heartless500
Catfish
Catfish
1,605 Posts

[Post New]by heartless500 on Dec 12, 10 1:47 PM
have to agree with everyone else on the ending - boo hiss!

finished the game late last nite (couldnt sleep) and was terribly disappointed by that stupid ending. think i spent about 8 1/2 hours on it. give or take (with a few minutes here & there walking away to check dinner or let a dog in/out w/o pausing the game)

only needed to check the walkthru once - to get the correct order for the egyption pieces to get the sarcophagus down. for some reason i just couldnt get that one sorted out.

also agree about needing shortcuts - i can see having to get to/thru the locations the hard way the first time around, but once you have been to a location it would be awesome to be able to get back to it later in the game with a click on the map rather than having to go back & forth manually, waiting for the scene to load w/each click...booorrrinnngg.

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Dec 18, 10 1:50 PM
I agree with all of you. I was very disappointed with the ending since I played for all those hours to find out that it didn't have a conclusion. I never expected to finish that way. My heart sunk when it said..."continue". It was a very long game which I love because it kept me busy for a long time. I don't usually play these games until finish because of my time is very limited to play games, however, when I have a day off I try to play until I finish it, but would like to see a great ending.

[Post New]by mdsmith6061 on Jan 7, 11 6:43 PM
I don't care that the ending was weak (i.e. that the phantom is or is not dead, that he doesn't know he doesn't have Christy). The story line is secondary to the puzzles and searches. I agree completely about the tedious moving back and forth and back again to rooms with out a short cut. I would have liked to had a explanation of the goal for some of the puzzles without using the Guide. I also thought I would be able to access the bonus rooms when I finished the game, I can not. I gave the game a B-.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 7, 11 6:50 PM
mdsmith6061 wrote:I also thought I would be able to access the bonus rooms when I finished the game, I can not. I gave the game a B-.
Sorry, the bonus is only available in the Collector's Edition game, not the Standard Edition.

[Post New]by 1scrapper on Jan 15, 11 3:53 AM
Realy liked the game. However, if bonus level is only available on CE, then don't show it on the map of SE.

pitgull
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pitgull on Jan 15, 11 3:20 PM
I agree with all the comments about the poor ending (it seemed like they decided it was time to end it, so they just simply ended it bang, right there and then), the lack of shortcuts, the slowness of the scenes building. I fully expected to play the bonus because it's on the map - not fair - this should be explained somewhere!

But, after all, this is based on a story about a stalker and his prey so you have to expect some geeksterism ....

shamaho
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by shamaho on Jan 16, 11 10:58 AM
Having sat on this a while, I wanted to say a couple of things.

Firstly I agree with you all, the SE map shouldn't show the bonus level. For anyone who is curious, it's just you (Ev) in the catacombs of the opera house getting across the lake to find a shrine to Christine and then a few small tedious tasks.

The ending is very symbolic toward the book and many film adaptations in that there is ALWAYS an unmasking by Christine. Evalina doing this was a nod towards that. Why they didn't show anything further, I'm not sure. You always get to see the Phantom's disfigurement at some point, and they cut it off. Perhaps that's where the sequel, if if happens, will take up from. Perhaps it'll be a flashback or maybe the creators were trying to gently let us know the Phantom slapped her lights out for it and she went black when she touched the mask, who knows. It would be pretty OOC for any Phantom if he thinks she's Christine, but it's their creative license.

Does anyone know if the publisher has a site where you can send your feedback?

[Post New]by SDLady2828 on Jan 16, 11 1:54 PM
OMGosh. How could they do that? I am so disappointed in the ending. Was it so we buy part 2?

I agree with a few here it is much better to get a full ending and really like that fact I invested all my time in the game then to get an ending like this just to buy part 2. I probably wont buy 2 now because it might have just as stupid an ending. They ruined it for me buying their games in the future.

[Post New]by ThSilkie on Jan 20, 11 1:49 PM
I wasted one of my credits on this game as I had completed most of it during trial run through , realy abrupt ending, it was almost as if they writers got fed up half way through.

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Jan 24, 11 12:08 AM
The ending was a tad abrupt, but I actually sorta liked it. It made sense that since there was no one there to rescue the "heroine" this time, that the phantom would win. It would have been nice to have a few of the questions fully answered. His age for instance...All I can figure is, that in his use of the occult (which is evidenced by the church and alter..etc.) that he found a way to prolong his life. Plus he was a gypsy by birth, so who knows? In the movie he places a black rose on Christines grave and Raul was an old man in a wheelchair, so he obviously was still alive in some form many years AFTER this story takes place. I think it would be nifty if in the sequel, the daughter actually falls in love with the phantom and decides to stay with him.

[Post New]by SupplySquid on Feb 16, 11 9:40 PM
esmeqt wrote:
Kitty_at_large wrote:I don't understand why she never told him that she was the daughter not the mother.

I thought that was odd too, though in the extra of the CE she does say "I'm not who you think I am" but that's about it.

I hated the ending. I wish the developers would understand that they don't need cliff hangers to keep us buying from them. For me, a satisfying conclusion to a game I've invested days in playing is enough to make me want to get the next one they make. Cliffhangers just seem cheap and vaguely insulting to me.

Why are people making the ending out to sound so bad? I thought it was quite good and I still have to get the CE version. It really summed up everything, and since I have seen PotO I'm happy with the ending, because the optimist deep down inside me wants to believe maybe something good will come out of it for the Phantom (for once) and possibly Evelina.

[Post New]by Dizzyfish on Mar 25, 11 1:55 PM
Just finished the game, spread out over a week inbetween life and laundry. The ending was a bit abrupt but overall I loved the game. I am happily looking forward to a sequel, which this game left us set up for.

[Post New]by Effluvium on Mar 26, 11 5:16 AM
Thanks for all your comments ... I haven't yet bought the game ... I just finished Dire Grove and am looking for another good one. I won't be getting this one if the ending is as poor as you all say. I appreciate the warning ... and may the game developers take heed too!

kay1944
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by kay1944 on Mar 30, 11 8:38 PM
where is the bonse pat of the story.do not like the ending,i buy a lot of games

[Post New]by cvserenade on Apr 1, 11 9:24 AM
I also hope they do a sequel. It would also be nice if there was an "Upgrade to CE" available. Is it possible to go to the CE without having to pay full price if you already own the SE. (I meant to get the CE but managed to mess up somehow!)

Go to: