Re:Tips and Tricks for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by maneenrae on Nov 28, 08 4:19 PM
elmodowns wrote:How do you get to the bottom of the well?

E_Z_NOTE
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by E_Z_NOTE on Nov 28, 08 4:21 PM
I'm at the garden gate and stuck. I've gone to my case file and postioned the birdman lock according to what is noted there but still can't get wooden door to open...Any help out there???????

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 28, 08 4:24 PM
E_Z_NOTE wrote:I'm at the garden gate and stuck. I've gone to my case file and postioned the birdman lock according to what is noted there but still can't get wooden door to open...Any help out there???????

Welcome EZ! All I can tell you is to be very meticulous in how you position that bird. It took me several times to get it right. Pay close attention to each "joint" and that they are exactly as in the book.

[Post New]by blessed444 on Nov 28, 08 4:50 PM
twytyz wrote:Where do I find the cheese for the mouse? I've looked all over and I appear to be too blind to see it.

[Post New]by blessed444 on Nov 28, 08 4:51 PM
The cheese is in the kitchen in the cupboard. It will be one of the clues that you have to find. When you find it put it in front of the mouse hole, click on the mouse and then place the mouse in front of the cat. The cat will release the key.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 28, 08 4:54 PM
blessed444 wrote:
twytyz wrote:Where do I find the cheese for the mouse? I've looked all over and I appear to be too blind to see it.

Welcome to the pond Blessed!! Have you gotten into the house yet? The cheese is in the kitchen which is on the ground floor of Ravenhearst. There is a puzzle lock on the door requiring 4 eyes. One is already there the other three are hidden in key areas around the porch and grounds (and roofline).

TAPESTRY
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by TAPESTRY on Nov 28, 08 5:12 PM
I know this is going to be a great puzzle but!!! Can't get the gate to open no matter how carefully I move the guys arms and legs - should the gate open once he is in the right position? Also can't find the sun to put in the middle of the sun/moon puzzle. Can't go forward - only backwards - am stuck at the gate with the birdman. Help!!

wildtk
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by wildtk on Nov 28, 08 8:19 PM
I need help in rose room I cant get rose dreser open it have nails on it
I have everything a stick horn rustremover rag wrinch is anything else im missing
is im doing something wrong can some one help me.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 28, 08 8:19 PM
chrisco99 wrote:Hi I'm stuck at the sun and moon puzzle, I am also at the stairs to the guest house and cant figure out how to get up there! Please help!

Lets start with the sun and moon puzzle. Have you placed both the sun and the moon into the puzzle at the fireplace? If you have then you need to place the correct disks into the single space at the side of each of them. The moon side will be the symbol that looks like the number 76 combined together. The sun side will be the simbol that looks like a swirly thing with a dot over it. A picture of this symbol is on page 9 of your case file book.

wildtk
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by wildtk on Nov 28, 08 8:28 PM
chrisco99 wrote:Hi I'm stuck at the sun and moon puzzle, I am also at the stairs to the guest house and cant figure out how to get up there! Please help!
frist
you need to find the sun and moon piece frist after that look into that book
you carry it tell you what shap that goies there.The for the moon side put the
shap that looks like a 7 the side the the sun find the shap that look like waves
put the right shap onto the ring rang thing after that pull the handle the stairs
should open.

missalock
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by missalock on Nov 28, 08 8:29 PM
icebird wrote:Good evening, all. I am stuck and need some help! Can someone give me insight into the puzzle on the door at the well? I have been messing with it for a while and just can't seem to figure out what we are suppose to do.

Thanks!

Try looking in the thread titled "Base of Well" I'm sure you will find some handy info

[Post New]by Doreen2464 on Nov 28, 08 8:57 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am new here but I just wanted to add that I LOVE this game. It is like a Large File-Hidden Object rolled into one. Since those are my 2 fav types I am in HEAVEN
Looking forward to chatting with others about the game and making some new friends.

wildtk
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by wildtk on Nov 28, 08 9:10 PM
missalock wrote:
wildtk wrote:I need help in rose room I cant get rose dreser open it have nails on it
I have everything a stick horn rustremover rag wrinch is anything else im missing
is im doing something wrong can some one help me.

You need a hammer to remove the nails. Try doing some other things first, such as using the rust remover on some rusty bolts, before you worry too much about that drawer.
thank you

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 28, 08 9:50 PM
Welcome to the pond Doreen . . . there are plenty here to help any way we can, even if it is just to comiserate regarding Whack-A-Troll!!

brillke
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by brillke on Nov 28, 08 10:30 PM
Just completed the game and despite my one complaint, not impressed with the graphics in the HO parts of the game, I'm otherwise thrilled at how the game turned out.

I do have a question though. At the bottom of the well, to your right, there's a pile of debris blocking something. What is in there?

I've nothing left in my inventory so whatever it is, I didn't need it I guess but I'm curious.

I give this game an A-.

[Post New]by DaBrain on Nov 28, 08 10:48 PM
This game to me by far is the Best yet! Everything was enjoyable with a Great balance between hiiden objects and puzzles! I love the puzzles. The graphics were decent and not one hiccup the whole game.

And for once the plot was decent and actually had a story to tell that made sense.

Very well done Big Fish Mystery Case Files! Very well done!

I hope we see a lot more of this caliber.

My Hats off to the developers and programmers of this game.

I rate this a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10--)))

Thanks for all the work that went in to this game!

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Nov 29, 08 12:16 AM
juliamadeane wrote:Don't do that yet . . . the display case is the one on the ground floor of the "toys for brats" store. We've searched there already twice and here is another time. It should be sparkly.

Nope - definitely got gremlins....reading through other posts, I realise that when the twins coffin opened, there was nothing - no ghosts/video nothing

This game certainly stops you being bored.....!!

Hilux
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Hilux on Nov 29, 08 12:18 AM
When you are running the film look at the books behind Victor, He will move out of the way so that you can see all the books, Write down the signs in sequence Move the books around to get the same set up on the film, and the puzzle is solved

Hilux
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Hilux on Nov 29, 08 12:29 AM
Finished the game, no snags, only problem was that page 36 in the case book didn't show up. I skipped a couple of puzzles, they were taking too much time. It's a pity the puzzles don't go under a mini game heading to play later, and there is no explanation with the puzzles, as to what is required of you.
Otherwise my type of game.

[Post New]by genegenie on Nov 29, 08 12:45 AM
granma Hi I had same problem. As you look at him - Make sure that his right leg is straight down ( it looks as though it is bent in the drawing ). His left left straight out (90deg) from his body. Right arm straight out from shoulder then bent upwards 90 deg ( at elbow). Left arm downwards 45 deg from shoulder, then bent again ( at elbow ), under his outstretched leg. Hope this works

Go to: