Re:Ocean Stairs - Steps to Cottage

[Post New]by libragal22 on Nov 29, 08 6:25 PM
libragal22 wrote:
prpldva wrote:
libragal22 wrote:
prpldva wrote:
libragal22 wrote:Hi, Finally matched the ravens pattern to the lock and got the bridge, Went into(what I assume is) Victor's House and my game froze. I couldn't do anything. The same thing happened at Rose's Coffin. Any ideas on how to fix the problem? I am reading alot of fish out here have reinstalled---some with not so good luck. How many in the pond have experienced the same thing? How do I proceed?

Thanks

i also froze at victors, but was able to go back in. Not like the twins area. Get out of the game and go back in. My video started right up. I hope this works

Thank you. that did work. Now I am stuck at the last puzzle. How in the world do you get 1-17 to line up?

You're very welcome!

On the number puzzle, remember that there are an odd number of tiles. If you get to one that is off by one space, you have to move it all the way around the circle.

Hope this helps.

Not really, sorry. So if I have to move a # all the way around--it has to be either on the left or right? Should I stay moving right or left instead of changing back and forth? Don't quite get it. Must be a numb head.

Wow! I finally did it. But as soon as I got the 1-17 lined up my computer froze. Are there alot of glitches in this game? Thanks to all the pond residents who helped. My first time in the forums and I loved it. Well I will be playing again under someone else. I would like to go through without skipping puzzles.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 29, 08 6:31 PM
WTG Libra!!! Congrats . . . i'm working my 3rd time right now . . . really taking my time and checking EVERYTHING out!

[Post New]by Diwuzhere on Nov 29, 08 6:57 PM
I am really stuck I cant find the last typewriter key and I think that i have done all I can in the other 2 doors any suggestions will be soooo appreciated

[Post New]by bigredspider on Nov 29, 08 8:54 PM
Diwuzhere wrote:I am really stuck I cant find the last typewriter key and I think that i have done all I can in the other 2 doors any suggestions will be soooo appreciated

Go back out and walk through all areas again. Even the garden. Hidden object Sparkles pop up kinda random all over (even where they weren't before!!)

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 29, 08 9:00 PM
Diwuzhere wrote:I am really stuck I cant find the last typewriter key and I think that i have done all I can in the other 2 doors any suggestions will be soooo appreciated
The last typewriter key is the R. Many people have had a glitch and can't get the R if the video of the twins at their coffin didn't run. After you solved the 3 gargoyle puzzles did you see the twin girls ghosts come out of the coffin and talk to you? If you didn't then you may have to start over as a new player. That is what many people have had to do.

missalock
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by missalock on Nov 29, 08 9:34 PM
moushkamoops wrote:HELP!!!!!!!!!

Where is the gas for the tram????

If you have an empty jar in your inventory, try the leaky barrel in the school house basement.

[Post New]by moushkamoops on Nov 29, 08 9:54 PM
bozemoj wrote:The putty knife is located in the hidden object area on top of the tram.

It's 2.20 in the morning here in Australia, so it's time to go to bed. Happy gaming!!!

The tram is later on in the game when you go through the third door with the typewriter. Don't worry you have plenty of time and much fun ahead!!

where's the fuel for the tram?????

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Nov 29, 08 10:06 PM
moushkamoops wrote:
bozemoj wrote:The putty knife is located in the hidden object area on top of the tram.

It's 2.20 in the morning here in Australia, so it's time to go to bed. Happy gaming!!!

The tram is later on in the game when you go through the third door with the typewriter. Don't worry you have plenty of time and much fun ahead!!

where's the fuel for the tram?????

In the cellar of the schoolhouse is a huget petrol tank that is dripping. That's where the gas is.

freewend
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by freewend on Nov 29, 08 11:20 PM
How do I escape whenever Victor Captures me????

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 29, 08 11:24 PM
From Walkthrough:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/13227.page

Ravenhearst Attic:

Baby Carriage HO - receive ‘bobby pin’
Use bobby pin on the lock of the trap door in the floor.

Enter right side door.
Pick up ‘metal dial’ off of the opened book.
Open Bookshelf HO - receive ‘film reel’
Notice the books (and the symbols on them) in the closed bookshelf.
Go back into the hall.

Enter the left side door.
Use the film reel and the metal dial on the projector.
Watch the film and make note of the way the symbols are arranged on the books behind Victor.
Return to the hall.

Go back to the attic using the hanging rope.
Baby carriage HO - receive ‘phonograph record’/
Return to the hall.

Enter right side door.
Solve the puzzle in the closed bookshelf.
A door opens to the side of the bookshelf.
Click on ‘large axe’.
Put record on the phonograph.
Return to hall.

Use left side door.
Use large axe on the boards covering the window.
Escape. You’re now on the front porch of Ravenhearst.

freewend
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by freewend on Nov 29, 08 11:32 PM
Thank you sooo much! Where do I use the towel at? Thats my last item.

freewend
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by freewend on Nov 29, 08 11:37 PM
plzzzzzzzzz help me

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 29, 08 11:52 PM
Freewend, please check the walkthrough out. It will help you to finish.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/reply/0/13380.page

Good Luck!

[Post New]by staticabyss on Dec 1, 08 6:47 AM
Thanks peutetre, it worked!!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 1, 08 7:57 AM
june22 wrote:i need help i cant get up th stairs
June, welcome to the Fish Pond. When you exit the tram there will be a sparkly HO area to resolve. When you come to the stairs, use the chisel on the steps to see a pattern for a puzzle you'll need shortly. Then proceed up the stairs. Good Luck

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

RE: phone wires in the basement of the work shop

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Dec 1, 08 2:28 PM
huskergranny wrote:I have been at this for an hour and still unable to get the wires connected right.

Welcome to the pond . . . let me see if I can help you. The secret I followed from a much earlier post is that you start where the first light is . . . you the second light you touch is the third one from the left and then systematically move COUNTER-CLOCKWISE. Remember that you cannot cross a wire that is already lit because then you will cause the circuit to overload and have to start again. If all else fails PM me and I'll sent you Lizzie K's photobucket with pictures of the puzzle solutions.

[Post New]by Sept4me on Dec 2, 08 10:49 PM
I think I posted this question in the wrong room earlier. I am in Victors cottage (room w/fireplace) & Victor is not there this time. The door to the left has a puzzle lock w/skulls. I have no idea how to proceed. The only item in my inventory is a heart locket. I can't find a clue for the skull lock. I have rewalked the whole game twice and no more HO or sparkles. Help please!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 2, 08 11:04 PM
Sept4me wrote:I think I posted this question in the wrong room earlier. I am in Victors cottage (room w/fireplace) & Victor is not there this time. The door to the left has a puzzle lock w/skulls. I have no idea how to proceed. The only item in my inventory is a heart locket. I can't find a clue for the skull lock. I have rewalked the whole game twice and no more HO or sparkles. Help please!

Hi Sept4me- welcome to the forums!

Go upstairs and look at the framed document. Use your cloth to clean it and you will find the sequence for the skull lock.

[Post New]by Sept4me on Dec 2, 08 11:06 PM
prpldva wrote:
Sept4me wrote:I think I posted this question in the wrong room earlier. I am in Victors cottage (room w/fireplace) & Victor is not there this time. The door to the left has a puzzle lock w/skulls. I have no idea how to proceed. The only item in my inventory is a heart locket. I can't find a clue for the skull lock. I have rewalked the whole game twice and no more HO or sparkles. Help please!

Hi Sept4me- welcome to the forums!

Go upstairs and look at the framed document. Use your cloth to clean it and you will find the sequence for the skull lock.

Thanks for the help. I had already cleaned the framed document and totally missed the clues.

[Post New]by jfields423 on Dec 3, 08 5:53 AM
Ok, I am lost! I have a funnel, screwdriver, and a jar full of petroleum (Sp?) and I CANNOT find the puzzle to use it all on! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!! Thank you!

Go to: