puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 24, 10 2:49 AM
Well while you are out in that kitchen, look around and see if there is a fix for a widescreen resolution 9000x600 for 17" laptops, or a stretch option W7 64bit. I don't care if that wifey looks short and fatter, I want a bigger picture without black unenhanced borders and smaller display. After Phantom Opera and Sherlock Holmes widescreen and those being up on the times, well....this sure brought down my high getting to beta it.

Only other option try to play on old xp pentium desktop on 15" screen, would look bigger at least but I read of SP3 problems, and don't know if my 1500 ram and resources can handle it with all the videos. I'm still excited to try again but maybe have to just wait for the SE version and review it next month. I thought this would be a step up from DG technically.

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 2:51:19 AM PST

[Post New]by queenbee43j on Nov 24, 10 3:05 AM
Hi everyone! I am having the same problem as a lot of people! I have down loaded the trial version three times, and three times it will not even start! I do hope they get the problem fixed! I will not buy a game without trying it first! I have got to many games that I do not like, by not trying it first! I hope they get the problem fixed, I love to play Collector's Edition games! Good luck everyone!

runaway63
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by runaway63 on Nov 24, 10 3:18 AM
Well color me stupid!!!! I ALWAYS try a game before I buy it----even my granddaughter who is staying with us over the holiday AND up way too early asked why I wasn't "trying" this one before I bought it, Well way to go BF, you sure did burst my bubble and silly me I even tried installing it twice! You build us up, get us excited (as if we needed any help), you take our money and what do we get in return you ask??? Disappointment---which is happening way too often any more. Come on guys, we choose to buy from you not because we have to, you used to be a 1st rate site and totally dependable. All this hype and all I end up with is money spent and a game I'm sorry I was excited about! This is ridiculous!

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Nov 24, 10 3:30 AM
Geezer, Did you completely uninstall the other version? Also reboot your computer and see if that helps. I has helped me in the past.

Edit

I never buy a game without trying it first. Many times the earlier games in a series of games may work fine but that doesn't mean others will work too. And you can bet BFG won't issue any refunds on the CEs until they have exhauseted all efforts to fix the game. Especially since the game has a demo. I was excited to get this game too but I downloaded the trial first and I am glad I did. I almost downloaded the full version first but decided to do the trial first.

Whenever you have problems with a game and uninstall it, reboot your computer before installing it again. I have found that has helped and has saved a lot of time dealing with it not working. I also reboot after I install it again.

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 3:41:41 AM PST

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 24, 10 3:46 AM
Hi fishies,

We have a new version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes:

-Installation issues
-Activation issues

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If you had installation issues, please try downloading again from your Purchase History.

For activation issues, you can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 3:47:35 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 24, 10 3:51 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hi fishies,

Got a small update: we're still working on a fix for the full version but fishies that have not yet purchased the game should try playing the trial version which should not have any installation issues.

We are working towards getting the pirate ghost chained to the full version and there's currently a full pirate shoot out in the kitchen.

He's running low on ammo though so we think we have him cornered. I gotta run and give the guys the rope (took me a while to find it in this junkpile).

Back with more news soon!

bfgImbrium

as always imby love when you are here...now keep that pirate in the brig

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Nov 24, 10 4:06 AM
Bought the game, no issues with download, no issues with playing game!!! Happy fishie here

Paws

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Nov 24, 10 7:09 AM
I can't believe how much better these games get each time. This one's a wow! Played the demo and will be purchasing later. Tease now, reward myself later AFTER I've finished getting ready for Thanksgiving guests.

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Nov 24, 10 7:15 AM
A big yawn, easy puzzles and music so irritating I had to turn it off. Pity as they're usually my very favourite games. A BIG disappointment so far. Perhaps things will improve as the game progresses, have only got as far as opening the jewellery box.

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 7:18:35 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 24, 10 8:31 AM
all i can say is: YAY!

cannot wait to tackle this while i have my casseroles in the oven this evening!!

just crossing my fingers for no tech issues...

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Nov 24, 10 8:51 AM
Whew, it worked..finally. Now to block out the sun, put on a pot of coffee and send hubby to the movies lol

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Nov 24, 10 8:57 AM
I can't say I bought it "sight unseen" having seen it in development in October, but WHAT A GREAT treat for a snowy day here in Kennewick!

Congrats to the development team...I know you worked long and hard on it...and what a great outcome!!!!

When's the next one? Get cracking!

swankme
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by swankme on Nov 24, 10 8:59 AM
why not a regular version first collectors editions are way too expencive. I wonder if people can really afford to spend that kind of money for something that probably is not too different from a regular version. Sorry for the negativity its just a crappy feeling after you have tryed a game like it but could never spend that kind of money especially this close to the holidays

AmyGirl14
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by AmyGirl14 on Nov 24, 10 9:37 AM
I will purchase on Thanksgiving Day! While DH is making the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes...I'll have nothing to do anyway!!!!!

sillygrrl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sillygrrl on Nov 24, 10 10:18 AM
Yawn....very disappointed. Extremely slow game play, with having to finish one objective, then go to the next. No multi tasking, like in other games. I'm not crazy about the characters being live people, I liked the cheesy characters of the earlier games.

Better luck next year.

sillygrrl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sillygrrl on Nov 24, 10 10:20 AM
This game was hyped and hyped, but frankly, a serious disappointment after "Hound of the Baskervilles" and "green hill sanitarium". Those games were way better.

agentalexa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by agentalexa on Nov 24, 10 10:36 AM
Grrrrrr i have some troubles with my internet conection and I can't download it till Saturday .
I can't wait to play it.

GretchenMH
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by GretchenMH on Nov 24, 10 11:35 AM
Having fun, but I am stuck. I've gotten into the graveyard, but can't seem to get any further. Anyone willing to give a fellow fishie a hint?

wildt
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by wildt on Nov 24, 10 11:37 AM
I just play the demo and love it but sadly I have to wait January buy it.

[Post New]by lilac29 on Nov 24, 10 11:50 AM
i had a problem downloading. i have windows 7 so i save download too desktop. than ran as admin and it worked. hope this will help

Go to: