mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jane's Hotel Mania

[Post New]by mendolyn on Dec 6, 10 7:59 AM
i've liked the other Jane's Hotels, but not this one unfortunately. I like the additions of some things like all the different training and upgrading options. The graphics are pretty much the same as the others. Getting expert scores in the early levels is obnoxiously difficult/impossible(?) . This isn't really due to the fact that the tasks are hard, but seems more just because they wanted to frustrate me on purpose. I know that's probably not the case, but yeah, that's how it feels lol.

no buy for me, i'd like it if it was challenging but do-able instead of seemingly easy and yet impossible.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 8, 10 10:11 AM
The Jane's Hotel series is not my favorite due to the poor graphics, poor English, & often instructions come on the next level after something has already occurred. This one seems the best of the bunch. Don't enjoy the minimovie at the beginning which you can't seem to skip & levels take a long time to load. Would maybe buy as a DD but certainly there are better TM games out there.

[Post New]by Daenaerys on Dec 8, 10 6:28 PM
For myself, I despise games like this. The poor mechanics and the almost "impossible to win" game format made me turn the game off before I finished the trial. I love TMG's, don't get me wrong. But this game is a mixture of all that is bad in a time limited game. Even in the early levels, failure is almost a forgone conclusion. You are expected to serve more than the number of customers listed, in rooms that they don't want. You need to do the side jobs (getting coffee, food, papers etc.) when you don't have the ability to do them in a timely fashion to get the best possible score even when you have purchased the upgrades. The venue is frustrating and yet boring at the same time. It's the same game level after level with no reward in sight. I far preferred "Dance Craze" that was recently showcased. I spent 3 days getting "master" rating on all the levels and getting all the rewards without getting bored or frustrated for the wrong reasons. Instead I felt challenged and determined to get those master ratings, knowing that the key was MY organizational skills that would get me through the game, not some random item that was thrown in.
In short (or long) I would not waste my time or money

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Dec 14, 10 10:10 PM
In the past, I haven't particularly cared for the Jane series, but for some reason, I felt compelled to try this one out. I was glad I did. It's just unique enough to be entertaining. You can only serve so many people at diners, run so many farms, etc. so I figured let's try a hotel.

One of the best things about the game is all the upgrades for the hotel you can purchase as well as skills for your employees (including yourself). You also are building a luxury home for yourself, but that seems a little more out-there, if you know what I mean. Game is kinda easy-going as far as TM's go. You won't be ripping your hair out but you'll constantly be busy. Customers of all sorts come in and request special rooms, you serve them whatever they want (drinks, food, newspapers, towels, clean their rooms, entertain them with music, sell them souvenirs, take their dogs out, etc). You can chain actions if you have multiple people requesting the same thing and you act quickly. Your customers also develop loyalty based on how you treat them and this adds up to bigger tips and carries on throughout the tier (of which there are 5). All in all, a good game for a change of pace TM-wise.

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Dec 15, 10 10:38 AM
this game is very buggy...it is fun but wreaks havoc with my game manager.

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Dec 20, 10 6:03 PM
Nice game. I might have bought it if it had a relaxed mode option. Rome II added this option to their new game. I beleive this option gives the player the ability to win without stressing out. Just a thought....
SnowMeow (Calif.)

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 4, 11 3:12 PM
The graphics are standard Jane series, good not great. The gameplay is TM that is challenging. There seems to be quite a few bugs which is not good. No relaxed mode and not being able to skip the dialogue are definite negatives.

This game is a B-.

evettsonoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by evettsonoe on Jan 6, 11 1:13 AM
Thanks all! Was a bit iffy on whether to buy this and now I've read the forum I know I wont be :-)

Too slow on many different fronts and how come you can't skip the story? Also, why would a graduate or someone on summer school holidays be offered a job with all expenses paid for in Scotland. Seems a little too far fetched for me. But then when I passed my exams girls were getting whole islands gifted to them lol!

carful1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by carful1 on Jan 16, 11 11:21 PM
I was having trouble getting past Scotland day10, but found if I gave gifts to people they were happy and so tipped bid and so got over day 10. now I am stuck with the error closing down sign coming up. what is the trouble.? I have windows7 and great graphics and video card as well as a big hard drive is it is not my PC. hope I have not wasted my money on this game.

carful1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by carful1 on Jan 18, 11 11:55 PM
help, I got through day 10 on one attempt on Jane hotel mania, but can not get through again, is there some secret? i gave out gifts as I did the 1st time I got through but no luck again with the day. has any one else any suggestions

carful1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by carful1 on Jan 25, 11 3:14 AM
help, how does one get past level 10. in Janes hotel mania,
tried everything to earn $4200 but no matter if I serve everyone and dont get any mistakes, I still dont make the amount.
is it possible or is it a bug in the game.
have considered removing it from my games list.
it is driving me to mania.ahhhhhhhhh

Nitesha25
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Nitesha25 on Feb 3, 11 7:20 AM
the game keep stopping

carful1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by carful1 on Feb 9, 11 1:58 AM
I am getting more frustrated with this game , it says on day 10 in Egypt upgrade your room, but then the last guest walks out and everything closes, no time to upgrade the room. Also I do everything correct and still cant get the $$$ needed. there is definitely a glitch in the game, how come we don't get any follow up to our comments from the producers of the game ??????

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Feb 19, 11 1:30 PM
I was so thoroughly excited to see a new Jane's Hotel game. I have always loved this game. I am sad to say, I am glad that I demo'd it prior to just buying it. I'm really saddened by what has happened here. So far it seems: You are forcing me to buy the recommended items in the shop instead of what I want to buy, major turn off there. If I have the money for it, I should be able to buy it. Or at least say, this item is not available at this level. Very frustrating.

Level 2...need I say more?

Sigh. Everyone and their brothers wants an upgraded room but I am only able to provide one. Sure, I can stick them in other rooms but that makes them unhappy. So I then try to make them happy and it never seems to work.

Also I bought the cooking upgrade and I swear she is slower at cooking then before. I thought it was supposed to make her faster, in no way was she faster after buying the upgrade.

At this time, I can't see buying this game. I am so sad. I really loved the Jane Hotel games. I guess I will have to redownload the old ones and play them.

Your Comments and Reviews for Jane's Hotel Mania

[Post New]by kbossler on Jun 4, 11 1:35 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Jane's Hotel Mania? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by Taigen84 on Jun 6, 11 6:21 PM
Although the concept for this game is great, I would NOT recommend this game... I love TM games and a hotel is pretty neat, the levels are way too hard... this coming from someone who has beat Diner Dash and other such games with no great difficulty. I think the reason it's too hard is its often difficult to know what the guests want until they're already practically mad and no tip is given so your score is just too low. I got stuck on lvl 6 and never got past it.

[Post New]by PattiMae55 on Jul 4, 11 6:23 PM
Can anyone tell me how to make the ghosts go away? I tried having the guy take the self defense course but I still have to chase them myself...?
Thanx, Patti

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 1:42 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.75 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 28, 11 8:14 PM
Same as previous Jane's hotel so wont be buying it

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Jan 31, 12 10:59 PM
Played the online version.

Couldn't get expert in level 1.

Was also very annoyed that I have to drag each renter to a room instead of giving them keys and letting them walk.

Many times I couldn't get the renter placed right, so they'd stay at the desk, getting impatient and costing me valuable time.

Will not buy this game because of these issues.

Go to: